Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
28,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty much like the title says. Games that have been released on the Xbox One and Playstation 4. Remasters and ports don't count. :cudi

Does the Wii U and Switch classify as this generation as well? :cal2

My Top Ten

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
3. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
4. Gears of War 4
5. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
6. Battlefield 1
7. Destiny
8. Horizon: Zero Dawn
9. DOOM
10. Star Wars: Battlefront

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt
Mortal Kombat X
Project CARS
NBA 2K
Fallout 4 (With all DLC)
Arkham Knight (with all DLC)
MLB The Show
Dark Souls 3
Dragon Age Inquisition
Xcom 2

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
1. Uncharted 4
2. The Witcher 3 (RPG isn't my type of games but this game is just special)
3. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
4. Batman Arkham Knight
5. Far Cry 4
6. Rise of the Tomb Raider
7. Dying Light
8. WWE 2K16
9. DOOM
10. Mad Max

Very underwhelming generation.

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,395 Posts
Sniper Elite 4
Fallout 4 (with all DLC :p)
Mad Max
Metal Gear Solid V
Batman: Arkham Knight
Mafia III
Ghost Recon Wildlands
Doom
Resident Evil 7
Ratchet and Clank

From what I've played.

More to be added soon I'm sure, once I get through a small backlog. Still got Nier/Last Guardian/Yakuza to play. Those three will probably be shoe ins too. Plus I've still to play UC4.

Not included 'ports' like Sniper Elite 3 or Last Of Us in my list. Or the two Wolfenstein games either. Unless they count :evil

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
Until Dawn
Overwatch
2K17
Resident Evil 7
Evil Within
Fallout 4
Persona 5

Hmm that's about it.

My favorite Game (well games) that I've played in recent years was the Danganronpa series, so so good.

·
Registered
15,650 Posts
I'm assuming that the PC doesn't count?

Ok then, PS4 impulsive top 10:

Alien: Isolation
Guilty Gear Xrd: REVELATOR
Rayman Legends
Styx: Shards of Darkness
EA Sports: UFC 2
Grand Theft Auto V
SOMA
Resogun
The Talos Principle
DOOM

I haven't really played that much PS4 since owning it, tho. I have a sizeable library of games but use it mostly for Netflix and Spotify these days.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Wii U counts as this generation but the Switch doesn't. The good Switch games right now are all games from this generation anyway: Breath of the Wild (Wii U), Binding of Isaac (This gen), MK8 (Wii U), Fast RMX (Remaster of Fast Racing Neo from Wii U), Puyo Puyo Tetris (is on Vita in Japan and releasing on PS4 as well as Switch) Blaster Master Zero (3DS). But ANYWAY Wii U, PS4, Xbox One, 3DS & Vita are 8th gen. Switch is 9th gen.

1- TLOZ: Breath of the Wild
2- Persona 5
3- Resident Evil 7
4- Overwatch
5- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney − Spirit of Justice
6- Mario Kart 7
7- Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE
8- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
9- Pikmin 3
10- Bloodborne

I hate making lists like this usually because of how super unfinished they are but this is what i got so far for this generation.

Mario Kart 8 is a better video game than Mario Kart 7 btw but 7 is on my list because of the personal experience i had playing it at work.

·
Registered
12,078 Posts
Nier Automata
Bayonetta 2 (I don't know if this counts)
Gravity Rush 2
Bloodborne
DOOM
Super Smash Bros WiiU (Again don't know if this counts)
Guilty Gear Revelator
Killer Instinct
Rayman Legends
Shovel Knight

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
Definitely count Wii U for this gen. Switch I guess is a new gen??

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
INSIDE
Nioh
Yoshi's Woolly World
The Last Guardian
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
DOOM
Rayman Legends
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne

I'm obviously crazy behind though. I didn't know if I should count the Stanley Parable as this gen so I didn't.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Witcher 3 + DLC
Bloodborne + DLC
Dark Souls 3 + DLC
Battlefield 1

Don't think I've played anything else released this gen if remasters don't count. At least nothing worth putting on a list of favorites(looking at you fallout 4).

But I'm a cheap fuck, so I won't be buying definite GOTG contenders like Nioh, Uncharted 4, or Horizon until they reach the under $20 mark.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,474 Posts
Bloodborne
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Destiny
Persona 5
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Undertale
The Witcher 3
The Binding of Isaac
Bayonetta 2
Nioh

Pretty much like the title says. Games that have been released on the Xbox One and Playstation 4. Remasters and ports don't count. :cudi

Does the Wii U and Switch classify as this generation as well? :cal2
Wii U does, but don't worry about Cal. He doesn't own anything past GBA.

Count it since PC is every gen.

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
In no order:

Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Ascension
Bloodborne
Samurai Warriors 4
Nioh
NieR: Automata
Bayonetta 2
Super Mario 3D World
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

·
The One Free Man
7,331 Posts
1. THE WITCHER III: WILD HUNT (Playing through the game for a third time, this time on the XBONE. It's not one of the best this generation, but ever!)
2. DOOM (Just pure fun from start to finish. Even the story about the Doom Marine is great, and all the info about the levels, enemies, etc.. Just a shame the MP wasn't that spectacular.)
3. Mass Effect Andromeda (This is how a ME game should be made. Great characters, dialogue is more refined and suited to your playstyle. Exploring unexplored planets. And the combat is fucking brilliant!)
4. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (Another great story from Naughty Dog, with hopefully more to come!)
5. HITMAN (Was very wary of how this would turn out. But it's the best in the series. Level are vast and have many ways to finish. Plus the extra content - Elusive targets, Escalation challenges etc. are brilliant.)
6. Gears of War 4 (A return to the greatness that is GoW 1, tight, cramped areas, with an empathize on CQC. Horde is the best it's ever been.)
7. Horizon: Zero Dawn (Great setting, with interesting characters and story arc. Love the combat and taking down the beasts is a lot of fun.)
8. Rainbow Six Siege (Even with a lack of a campaign this was still fantastic fun with friends. Whether it was Terrorist Hunt, or PvP, tactics were always the way to win, and it's so satisfying blowing holes in walls :side: )
9. Battlefield 1 (Some of my favourite parts of history are from this era, plus WWII. Haven't had this much fun with a shooter since Black Ops 1, and that 'Back to Basics' gamemode was fucking brilliant!)
10. Ratchet and Clank (Now this is how you do a remake well. Still keeps the core elements of the story but adds depth to it. Great story, characters, gameplay and the game just looks fucking brilliant. More like this please!)

Honourable mentions: InFamous: Second Son, Metro: Redux Collection, The Order 1886, Dying Light, Assassins's Creed Unity, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Far Cry 4, Far Cry Primal, Shadow Warrior, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, PvZ: Garden Warfare 1 + 2, MAD MAX, Until Dawn, Shadow of Mordor, Salt and Sanctuary, MGS V, Dead Rising 4, SUPERHOT, Divinity: Original Sin, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break...

Probably a few of those I might change for something on that list. Quantum Break was another great, story driven game from Remedy.

·
SNOWBLIND
7,529 Posts
1. Witcher 3 (Wild Hunt + the DLC)
2. Persona 5
3. Nioh
4. Dark Souls 3
5. Metal Gear Solid V
6. Bloodborne
7. Fallout 4
8. Far Cry 4
9. Uncharted 4

I can't even think of anything else I really want to add. I haven't played that much, anyway. Beyond #4 there I'm kind of whatever on the order as well. I never actually finished MGS or Bloodborne. My Uncharted file got corrupted when I was about 80% through it and I couldn't be bothered starting over. It was really good and graphically outstanding, though it's not totally my thing. I was a few missions off finishing Fallout but I put a fair bit of time into it. Far Cry 4 was basically Far Cry 3 in a different setting with some different characters, but I fucking loved 3 and I got a good deal of enjoyment out of 4. I thought Nioh would be the best thing I played this year (unless Red Dead 2 actually gets released), but Persona 5 has sort of come out of nowhere as something I adore despite not being familiar at all with the series. I haven't finished it yet, but right now it's probably just overtaken Nioh. Nioh was incredible as well, though, and everything I wanted from a Souls-esque game set in feudal Japan. The combat system has honestly made it hard for me go back to the slower and more methodical Souls (haven't touched the DLC), much the same way Souls combat was so good it made it hard for me to enjoy combat in things like Elder Scrolls games. Witcher 3 is probably a top 5 game ever for me. I don't remember the last time I got so into a video game like that (probably Red Dead) and I wound up putting more hours into it than anything else I can think of. I thought about the ending for days after it like it was a movie or TV show that had left that impressions on me, and that rarely happens. The fact they released a DLC expansion that added another 30 hours is pretty nuts when you think about it. It's an incredible game and I'd be surprised if anything else from this gen tops it.

EDIT: I forgot Horizon. I'm still playing through that right now but I'd probably stick it somewhere between 5 and 8.

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,395 Posts
Why wouldn't they count?
As New Order was originally on PS3 (I think, or was it on PS4/3 simultaneously?), wasn't sure if peeps would class that as a port or not.

Old Blood counts tho.

Fuck it, ill include them too then :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts