I think ROH is awesome.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Lol, OP is such an asshole...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't think that I can get through an ROH show anymore, their match style is too life draining nowadays. But I do like O'Reilly and Ciampa, I think those 2 can be groomed to carry the company one day. But for now, I don't think I have any emotional connection with any of their top stars, making me not care for them when watching their matches. Thus what I meant with life draining, I feel emotionless and sometimes it feels like a chore to watch.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I hate how people make things so black and white. There's always been a handful of really talented guys in ROH putting on good matches and there have always been some pretty lack luster or just down right dumb stuff wrapped up in the package.

No promotion has ever been 100% watchable, but there have probably been more watchable matches this year in ROH than any other company in North America. I guess Dragon Gate USA, Chikara, and PWG have a place in that discussion, too. But the Kevin Steen angle is the best story line in wrestling, so there's that on top.

For my money, they're still the best out there.

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts

Was this really necessary?
Just take it like a man, airing issues is what PM is for.

ROH is good, I don't think ROH TV will ever compared to IPPV or other DVD shows, just has a different feel.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Its a decent company whose roster doesn't have what it once did. The need to try and expand more and have more drive. I'd honestly get rid of Cornette.
Honestly, the current roster is stellar. I'll take Richards as ace over pretty much any worker in ROH history, save Danielson. Steen, Generico, Strong, Edwards, Briscoes, Young Bucks are all at the very top of their game both in the ring and character-wise. O'Reilly, Cole, Ciampa, Elgin, TJP, and The Bravados are all very exciting to watch since none of them have really reached their peak. Add a supporting cast of "name" talent: Homicide, Lethal, Rhino, Corino and that's quite the roster.

The only talent I'm on the bubble with right now are WGTT and ANX, but I can easily skip their lesser matches.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Something seems off about ROH these days to me; I can't really say it is the roster (although it is a lot thinner these days SEE: Welcome to ROH 2005 you'll know what I mean). I think its the atmosphere, it is so different these days and there is seemingly a lack of diverse personalities and styles or they don't stand out enough like they used to. Dare I say, it can be a bit bland sometimes. Don't get me wrong I still do watch and support them though.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Just take it like a man, airing issues is what PM is for.

ROH is good, I don't think ROH TV will ever compared to IPPV or other DVD shows, just has a different feel.
Just figured I'd warn everyone that the OP is dishing out red rep to anyone who doesn't like ROH. And the fact I wanted to out him as a dickwad.

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
Good god, it's a red rep, get a grip.

For the record, when you call ROH bland, but then have Misawa in your sig, it's kind of ironic.

Misawa is an all-time great, but let's not pretend he was any more charismatic or thrilling then say, Eddie Edwards.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Good god, it's a red rep, get a grip.

For the record, when you call ROH bland, but then have Misawa in your sig, it's kind of ironic.

Misawa is an all-time great, but let's not pretend he was any more charismatic or thrilling then say, Eddie Edwards.
Like I said, I don't care about red rep. His response was completely uncalled for.

I knew someone would point that out, and I'm not surprised that it was you. :p

Puro and ROH are two different things. Misawa didn't need charisma to get by in Japan. While in ROH, the wrestling is more character based and someone like Edwards would need charisma to make that work.

I probably make no sense, but bottom line is that ROH isn't my cup of tea. I can't explain why I don't like. It takes itself too seriously, but then you can say the same about puro. I love puro, but I'm not a huge fan of ROH.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
It's okay. I'm not that into it at the moment, mostly because the roster has really diminished in quality over the past few years. Most of the standouts have moved on to TNA or WWE and ROH has suffered because of it. I'm only really into the Briscoes right now, but I'm okay with Mike Bennett, Jay Lethal, Jimmy Jacobs, Davey Richards and Roderick Strong. And some others too. The Steen stuff is fantastic, but apart from that, there's nothing there to really hold my interest.

I really wish they had a women's division too. I think the women's wrestling independent scene is a lot stronger than the ~men's wrestling~ scene at the moment, and having some Del Rey, MsChif, Cheerleader Melissa, Serena, Canadian Ninjas, Madison Eagles etc would be a great addition to the TV show.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts