Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,033 Posts
Ehh, that match was okay. Not good not completely horrible.

His best match in WWE is probably his match w/ Jericho though, it was a real rivalry in the past and Jericho knew how to make Goldberg look good.

·
OG3
3,387 Posts
I like to ppl watch during matches on 2nd viewings. There are some guys WAY into this match middle of the first section. Like its real to me dammit into it. im not being negative at all on it, would rather that than this is awesome yay both guys are doing cool moves.
The match itself was pretty cool. The rock was in that hollywood heel mode which made the match pretty fun imo.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
That match was essentially 15 seconds of the Rock doing something hilarious, and then the next 45 seconds of Goldberg being awful. Rise and repeat for 15 minutes. Rock deserved better than having to carry that piece of vermin.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Rock had great in ring psychology in the match but Goldberg manhandled him for a clean victory.

Even as a heel the crowd was with the Rock which just goes to show that personality is more important than booking.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Wasn't a fan of it.

My favorite Goldberg match was The Summerslam 2003 Chamber. Not the biggest Goldberg fan, but watching him destroy Orton, Jericho, and Shawn was a site. I can always rewatch that, and be entertained by it.
Agreed, with the caveat that the finish ruined it. I'm not a huge Goldberg fan either, but the crowd was red hot for him. Then after running wild, a fat, injured, bike short wearing Triple H pinned him with a single shot (with a sledgehammer, but still). The crowd had the energy let out of them like a balloon, and he never received that level of reaction again in WWE, even when he won the belt a month later, the damage was done.

Goldberg vs. Rock was okay. I'm glad we got the match when both were still in their primes, so the pace was good, but the structuring was very basic from memory. Haven't watched it for a long time, but Backlash 2003 was one of the last wrestling VHSs I had, shortly after it was all about the DVDs.

...Wow, 2003 was a long time ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts