Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so if this thread has ever been made, I do apologize, however I have yet to come across it.

Ok people, so the question of the day: what is YOUR favorite year in wrestling history? If you were a fan who watched in the 80's or 90's, was it one of those years? Being someone who started watching during the attitude era, I can't really talk about anything before '96, but have a good idea of what each year brought to the table from 1984 onwards (based on main events and the big name wrestlers at the time).

I know many people on this website are fans of the attitude era, or of the ruthless aggression era, so I really am interested in this question to see what was THE best year, in your opinion, in all of wrestling.

Name some critical moments and huge matches from that year to give a reason as to why this is indeed your favorite year, and if you want, give a brief explanation. I wanted to make a poll, however didn't want to make 30 options on a poll labeling every year until 2013!

So here's my favorite year:

2001. yep, the same year that people believed the WWE BLEW the invasion angle, but honestly there was a lot of amazing moments that year. Here are some of the reasons and top/fav moments:

- greatest wrestlemania in history, with greatest main event in wrestlemania history in Austin vs Rock
- best traditional survivor series match in history with biggest prize (alliance vs WWF)
- TLC 2 at wrestle mania X7 deserves a mention
- greatest royal rumble in history in my view, with best performance ever (Kane with 11 eliminations)also Benoit vs Y2J ladder match = epic!
- amazing No Way Out 3 stages of hell match with HHH vs Austin
- huge moment when Vince bought out WCW
- first undisputed champion ever when Y2J won in December I believe it was, who is one of my favorites
- funniest segment in history of WWE with Booker T & Austin at the supermarket
- very cool when DDP revealed himself as Undertaker's wife's stalker
- underrated feud between Austin and Angle that year
- probably best roster WWE ever had (minus Foley)
- HHH was injured for most of year (which honestly is fucking great since he didn't steal anyone's deserved spotlight)

So honestly after all these things from the top of my head, 2001 was my favorite year ever. The year of Austin and Vince (1998-1999 I believe) also were two of my fav years I would've mentioned, along with 2002 (year of Brock, Mania X8, etc). 1997 also huge honorable mention because of NWO, Goldberg, and WCW as a whole, as well as Bret/Austin feud!

So what's your favorite year!?

Reactions: SonoShion

·
Registered
6,245 Posts

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
2001 or 2002. Star power couldn't ever be topped in 02.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My favorite is 2003, Smackdown took off and gave us the Smackdown 6, they built up new stars and everything seemed to just click

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
It's honestly hard for me to pick just about any year from 2000-2003. I started watching in 2000, 2001 had the :mark: first half (and Angle's face run even though the Invasion wasn't great), 2002 had one of the most stacked rosters in history, and I started becoming an even bigger fan in 2003.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Without having watched the Attitude Era years, I'll have to go with one I have seen and from them, 2004 is my pick. SD was not so good but Raw was amazing with Orton's excellent rise in the midcard to the main event and Benoit's well deserved title run. Plus every week there was a great match.

Combining Smackdown 2003 with Raw 2004 would create the perfect year for me.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
2004, imo. Followed by 2008. Both great years of stuff.

2009 Smackdown with 2004 Raw would be perfect for me.

·
Banned
605 Posts
Either 1997 or 2002.

2003 was also a good year, but definitely either 1997 or 2002.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts

·
Distant Relative of Former Def Jam Intern/Presiden
16,738 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 54 Posts