Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
https://www.cell.com/ajhg/fulltext/S0002-9297(14)00476-5

The above is a study done on the ancestry of Americans.

One sentence says "With a lower threshold of 1% Native American ancestry, we estimate that about 22% of African Americans carry some Native American ancestry." Here is another sentence "Though mean estimates of Native American ancestry are low, many African Americans carry detectable levels of Native American ancestry."

The study estimates the average African American is 73% African, 24% European, and 0.8% Native American. The average Latino is 65% European, 18% Native American, and 6% African. The average European American is 98% European, 0.19% African, and 0.18% Native American. It says 3.5 percent of white Americans have 1 percent or more African ancestry, and 2.7 percent of White Americans have 1 percent or more Native American ancestry.

What is your ancestry?

·
Banned
1,387 Posts
This is just my own estimate based on my family line.

American between 25%-37.5%, due to my father being of Mexican Mestizo stock. Rest of it is European; mom's of mostly Irish descent, whereas my old man's European side of his family are Spanish.

·
Don't get between a wolf & its prey!
14,328 Posts
Northern Irish/Irish/Scottish/Huguenot

·
Registered
338 Posts
According to 23&Me:

30% French, 28% Irish, 20% Askenazi (Slovak) Jew, 6% Homo Neanderthalensis, 4% Indigenous American, the rest is Italian & Greek.

100% English
Highly doubt it! Ancestry extends back 100's of generations. England has had more immigrants since Roman times than any island anywhere. If you don't have any genes from the continent I would be shocked!

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Never taken any DNA tests but from family history I'm guessing

50% English (both parents)
30% German (both parents)
10% Dutch (Father's side)
8% Scottish (Mother's side)
2% French Huguenot

Also potentially African since mixing in the Cape was common before apartheid was established. To tell the difference between people who were White and "Colored" they did the pencil test, if a pencil could hold in your hair you weren't considered white. But genetics doesn't always work that way lol.

·
Banned
1,387 Posts
All of my grandparents were immigrants, so mine is fairly easy: 25% Argentinian, 25% Puerto Rican, 50% Italian.
So 88% European, remainder probably 10% black and maybe 1% American.

According to 23&Me:

30% French, 28% Irish, 20% Askenazi (Slovak) Jew, 6% Homo Neanderthalensis, 4% Indigenous American, the rest is Italian & Greek.

Highly doubt it! Ancestry extends back 100's of generations. England has had more immigrants since Roman times than any island anywhere. If you don't have any genes from the continent I would be shocked!
He could be 100% Anglo-Saxon, though.

Irish, Italian, Native American, Portugese, a couple other things
That's one sexy-ass combo. Welcome, my fellow corn & potato registered-in-2015 brother!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts