Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,WWE basically said "F you" to every single person who paid $50 or whatever it is on a pay-per-view.

I think the company tried to temper the blow with Punk's and the Rhodes Family's wins, but seriously, does the company not think lots more people are going to ask for refunds after this?

Thankfully I was at work, so I had the pleasure of missing that crap, though I followed along online.

But anyway, does WWE really think their audience is full of sheep? Did WWE seriously not anticipate the same problem that happened last time people asked for refunds? What gives?

·
Registered
88 Posts
They giving folks what they begged for and this is this huge build up to Daniel Bryan's final moment of glory. The problem is that this is 2013 not 1997, Bryan isn't Austin, HHH isn't Vince, and the same folks who were begging for this are now the same people losing their patience for it in the first place.

That, and throwing in the filler in Big Show, just like they did last year with the Cena/Lauritis(sp?) story line. Word for word.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I personally hope Hell in a Cell hits record low sales this year, maybe they will wake up and cut it out with the stalling.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
maybe they're doing this on purpose so that kayfabe wise Vince comes back and saves the day, hopefully tomorrow night. was that power outage fake or legit?

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
I get that they want to keep the story going, but you do that with the free stuff like Raw and Smackdown. You take 50 bucks a pop for a show, you better start give people a result.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
maybe they're doing this on purpose so that kayfabe wise Vince comes back and saves the day, hopefully tomorrow night. was that power outage fake or legit?
Had to be. My cable PPV channel legitimately went out for a full seven minutes, and then even after it came back, my picture kept freezing.

Their rationale is that they think that setting up future (bad) feuds is more interesting. They forgot why this storyline was such a success in the first place.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
It's always rigged form the start. The WWE is stuck in 2009. Vince is five years behind the times.

·
Registered
863 Posts
people are asking for refunds? lmfao

and theyre doing what they can, but a story that should end main eventing WM got started way too soon

·
Registered
8,560 Posts
Vince/Triple H/Steph don't understand the type of investment it is to get high priced seats at a wrestling event or order it on ppv is for the average fan who watches their product.

Definitely see them doubling down on Big Show and running out the clock til John Cena returns.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
people are asking for refunds? lmfao

and theyre doing what they can, but a story that should end main eventing WM got started way too soon
Not yet, but it happened during one of the past few pay-per-views (can't remember which one). So it's pretty much a certain thing it'll happen again.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
well if you want a conspiracy theory.. maybe they had the bookers do fucked finishes to sabotage Daniel Bryan's run as the face of the company, that way they can justify their rationale of "only 6'2+ guys on steroids can be the face of the WWE". Then when they shove Cena back in the spotlight for another 5 years they can say "see, we tried someone else, it didnt work, deal with it."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts