Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Currently booking tonight’s card...
2,061 Posts
Austin Vs McMahon

Undertaker Vs Kane

I love all the little things Paul Bearer was doing in 1997, teasing the undertaker and holding the ‘secret’ over his head. It was a pretty big deal leading to the debut of Kane.

Austin Vs McMahon... it really doesn’t even need an explanation. When I think back to the prime of the Monday night wars... I picture something going on in some way with the Austin vs McMahon storyline.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Despite his horrible act on his final day,I think Chris Benoit push was one of greatest storyline, from Heyman as GM who seems refuse to give Benoit a chance for rematch against Brock after the dirty job on first title match and feel Benoit as legit threat until Benoit decided to do first crossover to other brand and challenge RAW WHC title after he win the Royal Rumble.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Attitude Era: Austin vs Vince

Ruthless Aggression Era: ???

2010's: Daniel Bryan vs The Authority

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,248 Posts
This goes way back but Bruno mentoring Zybysko and Larry's slow turn on his hero and mentor is booking at its absolute best. Simple, gripping and awesome. I couldn't recommend it more.

·
Registered
12,594 Posts
Bruh that storyline was hyped af lol, I loved it. So many fun, great moments. It was war. It probably helps that I wasn’t on these forums absorbing negativity so I could enjoy it ALOT more. What did you hate about it?
I wasn’t on the forum then either lol I also didn’t hate it. The angle just seemed a shadow of what it could and should have been, and at times was just poorly booked.

The issues have been discussed to death but the biggest one was the lack of actual WCW stars, the reasons like the issues have been discussed and they all made sense, no one in their right mind would have picked up Hogan’s bloated contract, but the lack of actual WCW talent made the angle more akin to WWe: Civil War, which would actually be an awesome final angle for Vince should he ever retire, than WWF vs WCW.

Also while Angle vs Austin was probably the best thing to come out of the angle, Austin should NEVER have been heel for WWF vs WCW. It’s “Monday morning quarterbacking” but one of the pillars of that angle should have been the tension of Austin and McMahon teaming together for the first time and whether or not they could sustain an alliance to save WWF.

There were other issues, some big, some nit picky, and there were bright spots as well. I’m not one to say it’s a WOAT angle, but I do think it was mediocre at best and was a squandered opportunity, the first of many when it came to WWF using WCW stars and material.

Edit: also, if Austin / Angle is the best thing to come out of it, Foley’s ECW One Night Stand promo was the second. Simply genius and hilarious lmao

·
Registered
902 Posts
Bret Hart being screwed, BY FAR. It wasn't meant to be a storyline but it, combined with the nWo push in WCW & the emergence of Stone Cold through all of it, is what created the era that the WWE is quickly coming to the end of.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Bret-Owen
Bret's comeback in 96 and 1 yr run
nWo vs WCW
4 Horsemen's run in the 80s
Kane v Undertaker 97/98

·
Registered
192 Posts
Anything Bret Hart did in 1997
Bret vs Owen - Survivor Series/Royal Rumble/ Wrestlemania/ Summerslam.... they used every major ppv to slowly build the feud with a climactic finish in the greatest cage match of alltime

·
Registered
45 Posts
Austin v McMahon and Andre v Hogan.

Put their respective eras on the map and were almost bigger than wrestling. No other storylines they have done have matched these two.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Since everyone and their mother rightfully said Austin/McMahon, I'll go with a personal favorite of mine: The USA vs. Canada saga of 1997. Austin and Bret quite simply tore it up every night and made Monday Night RAW watchable at a time when Nitro was dominating.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts