Wrestling Forum banner

what is wrong with tna?

4049 Views 62 Replies 37 Participants Last post by  acracker
The majority of people will agree, tna is awful right now. The guys getting pushed are not the guys who should be, e.g jeff, anderson, sting etc. The thing tna was great at in 06 backwards, quality wrestling is gone completely, the matches are just car crash and just very poor. I could go on, but the short question is 'where is it going wrong?' i personally believe dixie carter as lovely a lady she may be, should be nowhere near wrestling, she does not understand it, hires the wrong people, e.g russo, hogan, hardys. I heard the reason tna shows are so full of material and so many gimmick matches is because she doesn't want people to get bored.... wtf!? I would have loved to have seen what someone like gabe sapolsky or possibly heyman could have done with it, i dont watch it as often as i once did but when i do it actually irritates me how bad it is, especially when i believe how good it could be.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Registered
4,806 Posts
Ratings rising. More people watch now than in 06. So someone likes it.

· Registered
293 Posts
Lol thats the million dollar question right. The sad thing is on paper they look great. Their roster consists of very credible stars and wrestlers who like they should be the enxt big thing. But for some reason they know how to just always fuck up up their momentum. I dont know if we can say just one thing is wrong to TNA but if I had to sum it all up I would say its theirinability to properly build anything (feud, talent, matches, ppv, etc..)

· Banned
4,476 Posts
Short answer: Management.

Long Answer: Dixie Carter and Vince Russo.

· Banned
2,691 Posts
You answered your own question in the original post. Dick heads like Sting, Hardy ****, Jarrett, Bischoff, ect get all air time while much more deserving guys are like Joe, Pope, Morgan, ect are lucky to be on TV in back to back weeks

· Banned
149 Posts
Nothing. Their fine. they\'re expanding as a business, getting more programming on television, drawing bigger house shows, etc. Just because you don\'t think it\'s a quality product, doesn\'t mean other people find the show engaging and intriguing. Also, the familiar faces make people watch.

The IWC wants TNa to be ROH, and ROH doesn\'t even have a tv deal.

There is so much more, but TNA is doing fine.

· Registered
9,884 Posts
I don't know, but lets make another thread about it!

· Banned
2,691 Posts
Nothing. Their fine. they\'re expanding as a business, getting more programming on television, drawing bigger house shows, etc. Just because you don\'t think it\'s a quality product, doesn\'t mean other people find the show engaging and intriguing. Also, the familiar faces make people watch.

The IWC wants TNa to be ROH, and ROH doesn\'t even have a tv deal.

There is so much more, but TNA is doing fine.
The product is up and down, but it's been crap the lats few months. To deny that is to run to the top of the highest mountain and profess your own ignorance

that, or you are in fact Vince Russo. Or just the biggest TNA mark in history

· Registered
2,588 Posts
  • The company name
  • The ring
  • Impact Zone
  • Insultingly short matches
  • Laughable amount of heel/face turns
  • Believable continuity lost on countless occassions
  • Shitty looking backstage spy camera
  • Too many fake looking beatdowns
  • Referees looking like retards
  • Dead X Division
  • No build for PPV's
  • 80's and 90's stars often hogging the spotlight
  • 51 year old world champion
  • Inability to create new headliners
  • Washed up, fat mid-carders
  • Junkie performers
  • WWE lite production format

Trust me, I don't want to watch ROH every week either. I realise it isn't marketable. But what TNA does is often bullshit.

· Banned
149 Posts
The product is up and down, but it\'s been crap the lats few months. To deny that is to run to the top of the highest mountain and profess your own ignorance

that, or you are in fact Vince Russo. Or just the biggest TNA mark in history
i\'m talking about the business side of tna. the one that matters the most. as a fan, i don\'t particuarly care for it. but they are doing well from a business side, from what I can tell. Obviously i don\'t have the actual info but from what I hear.

· Banned
2,691 Posts
i\'m talking about the business side of tna. the one that matters the most. as a fan, i don\'t particuarly care for it. but they are doing well from a business side, from what I can tell. Obviously i don\'t have the actual info but from what I hear.
I guess that's where the confusion came in.. I don't think anyone else is talking about it from a business aspect

· Registered
420 Posts
I've been wondering lately what the hell Jeff Jarrett thinks about what has happened recently. Does he have no say in what goes on in TNA booking at all anymore?

· Registered
980 Posts
I've been wondering lately what the hell Jeff Jarrett thinks about what has happened recently. Does he have no say in what goes on in TNA booking at all anymore?
Dixie “Mark” Carter took away most of his control after the Angle/Karen incident, also some wrestlers and management brought in by Jarrett were let go.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.