Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I dont know if it was just me.
I never complain about RAW and usually enjoy at least one part of the show, but lasts nights RAW was terrible.

There was botches and errors all over the place and everything just seemed off.

The highlights were Paul Heyman (wow hes great on the mic) although he basically repeated what we already knew, and Chris Jericho was also great last night.

The crowd was poor.

But other than that Sheamus, Jericho, Del Rio, Orton rolling round on the floor was terrible.
Bryan and Tensai vs Punk was one of the worst things Ive ever seen it just didn't work at all.

They announced it was a handicap match before Lauranitis came out, there was hardly any actual wrestling or there seemed to be a lot less than usual.

In conclusion it just looked like they made everything up on the spot, and made me realise they have no current story lines in the WWE at the moment with only 3 weeks to PPV.

There just seems like there is something off in the WWE at the moment and I cant put my finger on it but they seem to be messing up so many angles and there is so many botches and errors.

Well done The Miz for putting on one of the best matches ive seen him in.

Oh and nobody gives a shit about Tensai yet, but they are forcing him week after week into the main event but he draws little to no reaction, because hardly anyone cares about him, he needs to earn being at the top not just thrown in there(especially with his shoddy in ring work)

Reactions: BULLY

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Re: What was up with RAW last night and RAW in general at the moment?

Not every show can be top.

·
Rolex Bomb Defuser
410 Posts

It was pretty bad. The worst part was when John Cena was giving his Superman speech.

"The doctors said I'm out for 4 years, but I mustered up all my might to fight in 3 weeks. Nothing can keep me down, even if I have a broken leg, cut-wrists, no arms and poked out eyes I'll still find a way to come out here and fight!"

^ That was an annoying speech.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts

yea it was crap. i skimmed most of it, just have a 'couldnt be fucked' feeling about it.

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts

I enjoyed it.
The Ziggler and Kofi match had some good moments in it.
Layla was great again, looking fantastic.
The Fatal 4 Way build up was ace, Orton was amazing. Can't wait for the next few Smackdowns to see how this unfolds.
The Cena and Johnny build up carried on.
Punk was great on the mic and his feud with Bryan seems to have kicked off.
We got an update on HHH and Lesnar and it didnt steal the show by repeating the clip conastantly like everyone feared.

All in al it was a good RAW. Just because no one was returning and trying to kill everyone, doesn't make it a bad RAW. This week has basically set up Over The Limit very nicely.

·
Registered
348 Posts

I enjoyed it.
The Ziggler and Kofi match had some good moments in it.
Layla was great again, looking fantastic.
The Fatal 4 Way build up was ace, Orton was amazing. Can't wait for the next few Smackdowns to see how this unfolds.
The Cena and Johnny build up carried on.
Punk was great on the mic and his feud with Bryan seems to have kicked off.
We got an update on HHH and Lesnar and it didnt steal the show by repeating the clip conastantly like everyone feared.

All in al it was a good RAW. Just because no one was returning and trying to kill everyone, doesn't make it a bad RAW. This week has basically set up Over The Limit very nicely.
I disagree on all fronts. The Ziggler Kofi match was completely filler with no substance. Leyla is hot, that's about it. WE WANT KHARMA. The fatal 4way build up was okay, but not great. Never been a fan of them to be honest. Punk was great but he didn't have much to work with. Everything he said, he said 4 months ago.

They HHH V Lesnar update saved the show for mine. Heyman is a god on that microphone. He commands it. Crowd were pieces of shit though, so sick of these crowds being 80% idiots, 20% genuine wrestling fans.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

Heyman and Kofi were the highlights. Please get rid of Tensai. Please.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts

I can't wait to see the abysmall buyrate when Tensai main events a PPV.

·
Registered
9,093 Posts

No Cena (well he was in the dark match) and no Lesnar. All those fine people in Greensboro bought RAW tickets expecting to see Lesnar and Cena and got neither. They were deflated. While we're getting tons of RAW recaps that poor crowd is just sitting there. To me that's worse than any botch or poorly executed storyline.

The booking of Lord Tensai has been atroucious. Just imagine if umaga had pinned Cena and HBK within inside of two months. Tensai already has pins over Punk and Cena AND nobody cares. Theres nowhere to go but down. It takes a long time for the crowd to warm up to most characters, especially heels.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Tensai by far in every match I have seen botches far more than anyone else on the roster followed by The Miz.

Tensai needs time to work his way to the top and get back in the grove working with the current WWE product, instead hes been thrown in at the deep end and where expected to take him seriously yet nobody has anything to base it on.

I have yet to hear any real reaction from anyone on here on in the crowd on tensai.

Plus its a massive slap in the face that Tensai goes straight in to the main event scene ahead of Rhodes, Ziggler, and even Bryan etc.

And where expected to believe and mark or boo for Tensai based on the fact he is big. Up until now his return has been a massive faliure and if he is ever in the actual main event of a PPV than it will be a very very sad day because there are far more people who deserve it on the roster.

I admit it looked like Punk didn't jump high enough, but also looked like Tensai went for the lift to quick.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts

Without the Rock, the show has fell off bad. It's kind of sad.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Raw was crap last night and I usually am not one to complain. But it was pretty bad, Heyman was the only real highlight of the night but even that couldn't save the show.

Miz jobbing to Clay was god damn joke.

And I'm officially sick of this stupid Tensai gimmick. Nobody cares about it, it's not interesting, everyone with a healthy knowledge of this business knows it's Albert, the hissing and yelling is stupid and annoying, has a very limited and boring moveset even for a big man, he seems to get fatter every week, and crowds don't care either way when he's in the ring. They don't even bother booing him.

This seems like a bastardized corporation angle to me.

Johnny Ace = Vince
Tensai = Bossman
Eve = Stephanie

And I have no clue what they are doing with Lesnar. Why he lost to Cena at Extreme Rules is beyond me. It just doesn't make sense

·
Registered
1,364 Posts

I disagree on all fronts. The Ziggler Kofi match was completely filler with no substance. Leyla is hot, that's about it. WE WANT KHARMA. The fatal 4way build up was okay, but not great. Never been a fan of them to be honest. Punk was great but he didn't have much to work with. Everything he said, he said 4 months ago.

They HHH V Lesnar update saved the show for mine. Heyman is a god on that microphone. He commands it. Crowd were pieces of shit though, so sick of these crowds being 80% idiots, 20% genuine wrestling fans.
Couldn't disagree more, Ziggler beat 1 half of the tag champs, which in turn could lead to a nice fued between K&T , Z&S which could also help the dismal tag div.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts

Typical filler Raw, but Heyman was a nice surprise. Guess i wasn't really dissapointed with Raw this week and even liked it somewhat b/c I really didn;t expect much from it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts