Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a huge WWE fan but I have always watched TNA and pray it becomes a real contender but what does it really need to do so??

In all honesty ex-WCW and ex-ECW are past it now so apart from the odd one or two out there they really wouldnt bring any sort of impact.

If you think of the ingredients WCW had and what talent TNA has its seems definant they will get there. but TNA bringing in Hogan hasnt really done to much!!!

I think TNA has to think big boom in a years time and spend a year solidly building its characters and a solid card. to many weeks are there wrestlers not seen or mentioned.

·
Registered
9,985 Posts
Intelligence is what they are missing.

They have an amazing roster, a prime time slot on Spike and they are still screwing it up, they have had opportunity after opportunity, yet they never capitalize on what they have, the big one being Jeff Hardy, who before coming to TNA, was the arguably the biggest star in Wrestling behind Cena.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
good booking
good management
good advertisement

fix that in tna and you got a perfect contender for top wrestling company
This, this and this and also they don't have a major draw who is a face which is why having Jeff Hardy as a heel was always the wrong idea at Bound For Glory because like someone else said before me Jeff Hardy was probably the most popular wrestler in America outside of John Cena but TNA hasn't used him right. TNA rely on shock value booking so they can get a quick fix in the ratings rather than book solidly long term and until they get out of that way of thinking they will never move forward.

The talent is certainly there as for me Kurt Angle whilst past his best is probably the best all round in ring performer in America whilst TNA also has AJ Styles who was PWI Wrestler of the Year last year, Samoa Joe, Mr Anderson, Jeff Hardy, Beer Money, Frankie Kazarian, The Motor City Machine Guns, Doug Williams, D'Angelo Dinero, Jay Lethal, Desmond Wolfe when he returns and also the best female talent around outside of Sara Del Ray but all the talent in the world doesn't matter if not booked or promoted right.

It seems that TNA's way of advertising and promoting is to use Twitter in kayfabe and talk in riddles about HUGE surprises and "major announcements that will shock the world" which isn't promotion or advertising or at least not the correct way for a wrestling company at least. For all of WWE's faults the one thing they do better than anyone has ever done in promote and advertise and build their talent up as major stars which is why outside of maybe six or seven people in the history of WWE no one that leaves for better things ever do as well as they did in WWE

·
Registered
816 Posts
If you ask me, TNA has gone downhill big time in the last few years. The more older stars they get, the more crowded the show gets and the more of a complete clusterfuck TNA becomes. I remember when it was basically all the TNA originals, JJ, Rhino, Christian, Sting and Angle, and it was a million times better. Much better product.

Just realized I didn't answer the question at all. I'd say get rid of all the pointless wrestlers like Rob Terry, Gunner and Murphy that aren't doing jack shit. Bring back Don West too.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
A whole new creative team.
Bischoff and Hogan need to be fired as well. Nothing against them but they are taking a lot of money away from the company which could be used in other areas.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
TNA rely on shock value booking so they can get a quick fix in the ratings rather than book solidly long term and until they get out of that way of thinking they will never move forward.
They really need to have some follow through. Finish their angles. Think things out thoroughly.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Competent advertising and promotion

Honestly, that's the main problem the company is facing right now. A lot of people in the IWC seem to be under the impression that TNA will increase its viewership by bringing in big names, hyping up matches/angles or just by "improving" the current product, which isn't the case at all. In order to watch your show, people need to know what it is and when it's on. Most people don't have a clue what in the blue hell TNA is. Hell, only a fraction of wrestling fans even know what/when/where TNA Impact is, let alone the larger television viewing audience.

Sometimes you just hit a ceiling of viewership. It doesn't matter what you do or how much you improve, new viewers aren't going to materialize out of nowhere just because you start putting on a better show. TNA needs to cut as much excess expenditure as possible and focus their time and effort into advertising the ever-loving shit out of TNA as a brand name.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.