Wrestling Forum banner

What is this year's big Summer storyline?

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Honestly the thought of Punk, Bryan and Ambrose all being very relevant this summer keeps me really interested in WWE despite some questionable decisions being made.

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,350 Posts
Punk. Bryan. Ambrose. Lesnar.

Some variation of a summer angle with one (or more) being the main person.
Indeed. Might as well add Cena to that list though. :rolleyes:

The potential for great MITB and SummerSlam cards is very high. Triple H/Lesnar, Punk/Bryan, Sheamus/Orton... Then you still have programs for Cena, and a returning Barrett to account for not to mention the thought of Foley/Ambrose and perhaps Christian/Sandow being somewhat possible.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Summerslam will probably revolve around Heyman/HHH/Lesnar storyline, the lawsuit and the whole contract breachment ordeal. Probably ending in a Summarlsam Street Fight of sorts.

·
Banned
69 Posts
Lesnar - HHH by far. And it's the only one really worth following (depends on how this Revolution thing will turn out). That's the closest they will come to mainstream attention again since Wrestlemania.

Punk/Bryan is a program made to please the smarks, and the smarks only. In reality, nobody outside of that demographic really cares about the feud.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
Lesnar - HHH by far. And it's the only one really worth following (depends on how this Revolution thing will turn out). That's the closest they will come to mainstream attention again since Wrestlemania.

Punk/Bryan is a program made to please the smarks, and the smarks only. In reality, nobody outside of that demographic really cares about the feud.
Cause having the whole crowd have a mixed chant of yes/no is totally not over... even in casual crowds like they've been for a few weeks. Really wish people would try with actual reasons...

·
Registered
254 Posts
With how this "revolution" is being marketed and hyped, this seems like its going to be a vital part of the summer programming. However, I'm not holding out my hopes as WWE often drop the ball on such matters. So, I have chosen HHH-Lesnar. This storyline has so much potential, and WWE have to be complete fucking idiots to fuck this up. With Heyman, Lesnar and HHH all involved, I think this could be gold.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
As far as storylines go i expect it to be a big year for WWE with Cena/Ace, Triple H/Lesnar, Punk/A.N Other for the WWE title and maybe Orton/Jericho all being at the forefront of WWE. There were reports a couple of months ago that Cena/Ace was going to be a major summer storyline whilst it is clear WWE are building something big for Triple H and Brock Lesnar as well. CM Punk will no doubt be WWE champion going into SummerSlam although it may not be with Bryan Danielson and Chris Jericho is said to be around for SummerSlam so based on last night Orton/Jericho could be on the cards.

Potentially it could be a very good SummerSlam again this year although i don't expect it to top last years but with four big storylines heading into the PPV it could still be great and then there is Rey Mysterio and Wade Barrett to return and i can see Mysterio/Del Rio and Sheamus/Barrett on the card as well. If we do get Punk/Danielson for the WWE title which by then would have had three months behind it added to Cena/Ace in some fashion, Triple H/Lesnar, Orton/Jericho, Sheamus/Barrett for the World title and Mysterio/Del Rio plus Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Sin Cara, Kharma and Beth Phoenix also on the card it could be one of the best SummerSlam PPV's ever.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
With the matches floating around with Cena/Ace, HHH/Lesnar, Punk/Bryan, Orton/Jericho, Sheamus/Del Rio, a possible Foley/Ambrose, and possibly Rhodes/Christian this could be the best Summerslam card we've gotten top to bottom for a long while.

·
Best In The World
4,752 Posts
2009 - fuck the guest host

punk v hardy owned tht summer!

this year lesnar/hhh/heyman can be good if booked proper, the ace thing seems like its going nowhere

Punk v bryan - 1 hour ironman summerslam BOOK IT long with hhh v lesnar big buys

and i have a feeling we will be trolled next monday and no revolution is happening

·
Banned
303 Posts
We will not know until happens no one called any of those summer storylines (Minus the DX/ECW storylines) and it will end up being something we are not even thinking of.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts