Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
AWWWW! Wrestling forum... Don't you dare be sour..
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now Punk is getting slimed at Nickelodeon events???

Anyone else scratching their heads at creative for how they are handling Punk's face character? They are making him another kiddy kiss ass? I was noticing more kids cheering for him now over the men. WWE can't handle someone just being a bad ass like the good ole days. They are slowly turning punk into a cronie!! IMO

And no I'm not freaking out. But creative aren't allowing Punk to stick to his guns with not being apart of the image of how a face works. WWE is so fucked up that a face can't be over until the kids cheer them on. Same thing with Sheamus. Since when did Sheamus become Cena 2.0 talking and screaming about never giving up?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Yeah, he's pretty much Cena with a side of edge now. Oh well. He's elevated himself and now it's time for someone to look at what he accomplished in a few months and attempt to surpass that (minus the complacency and "selling out"). Even if Punk isn't making things "fun again" it's at least helped Ryder thus far and perhaps others in the future.

·
Registered
97 Posts
LOL, I don't know how fickle-minded someone can be. He was nominated for 'Best Baddie' in the kid's choice award.Oh and who doesn't get slime'd on the Kid's choice awards?

Seriously, people should just stop looking for an excuse to harp on someone you don't like for the sole reason of garnering sympathy, it makes people look stupid. Hence, I quote CM Punk:

"Fans ARE IDIOTS"

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
People expect him to come out and do something insane every week that will rock the WWE, its just not possible. Stop complaining.
Well I see where the complaints are coming from. This summer storyline started with gigantic potential, hell even enough potential to start a new era, but ever since Nash returned, booking just got worse every week. Hell, they should've delayed Punk's return to WWE by another week or two, and just show videos of his out-of-WWE youtube videos to promote him. Would have created suspense. Now, however, WWE's reality era is really only in name, as things are quickly reverting back to the G era. WWE will probably drop the "reality era" completely after Survivor Series. Yup, we're still in the G era folks.

So because of WWE Summer Storylines™ failing again (remember Nexus), these forums are slowly filling with tears because part of the lure of that storyline was the elevation of Punk. However, since it concluded in such a crappy way, Punk's being watered down to fit the G era, and will eventually go back to his former role of "enhancement talent". Sad but true. Hopefully he won't lose 12 PPV's in a row again.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i think people on here are overreacting a bit who cares if he was on this kids award show cm punk will be the next wwe champion and he wont go back to what he was yes he has slowed down a lot since nash but he is still super over with the crowd

·
Registered
897 Posts
And he is/was meant to be the next SCSA. Give me a fuckin break fpalm

I still cant understand why people still like him? Whats so special or should I say different?

Cena is back to being the one by getting another title shot. Punk is just #2 on Raw and 3/4 overall in the company.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
lol yeah it was his decision right....

give me a fucking break
vince loves money and he would do anything to get this money so stfu
he got slime so whats the deal
rock a played a fairy

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
I don't see how that makes him the ultimate kid favorite and the award was for "Biggest Baddie". If anything he was nominated because he said some bad things about Cena when they were feuding and kids were mad. lol.

Anyways CM Punk is a legit main eventer now and as long as he isn't losing every PPV like in 2010 or jobbing then I am Ok with his push as top guy right now.

·
AWWWW! Wrestling forum... Don't you dare be sour..
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First of all, to the dbags who are like actually trolling right now about what I said. STFU!! Do you know what I got this story from??? http://www.wwe.com/inside/overtheropes/cm-punk-nick-kids-choice-australia The headline read, "Punk gets slimed at Nickelodeon awards"

And that clearly shows how the WWE's vision is now. Since the top faces are kid favorites mainly now...since the WWE shows are more kid friendly. Punk being a top face means catering to kids at events to win them over.

I'm stating the truth. The WWE is pathetic now. They lost their edge. I thought they were getting it back with Punk. But they started making him respect HHH and Cena. After all that shit he said, now he is shaking their hands. Now he is tag teaming with HHH/ I mean, what is creative doing?

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
First of all, to the dbags who are like actually trolling right now about what I said. STFU!! Do you know what I got this story from??? http://www.wwe.com/inside/overtheropes/cm-punk-nick-kids-choice-australia The headline read, "Punk gets slimed at Nickelodeon awards"

And that clearly shows how the WWE's vision is now. Since the top faces are kid favorites mainly now...since the WWE shows are more kid friendly. Punk being a top face means catering to kids at events to win them over.

I'm stating the truth. The WWE is pathetic now. They lost their edge. I thought they were getting it back with Punk. But they started making him respect HHH and Cena. After all that shit he said, now he is shaking their hands. Now he is tag teaming with HHH/ I mean, what is creative doing?
You look like you lost your memory. Punk had already said in these past few months he respected both HHH and Cena. Just because they are teaming doesn't mean they are best friends but they have a bigger enemy.

And yes Punk got slimed, are you late? They nominated him for Big Baddie lol. Punk is being a top face so everyone loves him, not just the older males. If the older males just cheer him and the women/kids boo him, how is that going to help him become the top face? You like a number of people are overreacting.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Hey let's all make a big deal over nothing. Everyone seems to be good at that anyway.

·
KO
5,346 Posts
Hey let's all make a big deal over nothing. Everyone seems to be good at that anyway.
This isn't nothing though... yes, people tend to overreact, but this time, they're not reacting enough. Punk's character has become sooooo watered down it's not even funny anymore. He's basically following in Cena's footsteps, kissing ass, being kid friendly, loyal to the man who beat the shit out of him, etc. It's like they did a 180 on his character. On TV, off TV, on RAW, on other shows. Everything matters, and if you think it doesn't, you're delusional.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
This isn't nothing though... yes, people tend to overreact, but this time, they're not reacting enough. Punk's character has become sooooo watered down it's not even funny anymore. He's basically following in Cena's footsteps, kissing ass, being kid friendly, loyal to the man who beat the shit out of him, etc. It's like they did a 180 on his character.
They're trying to make him kid friendly at the moment to put him over as a top face. Once he's at the pinnacle, he'll have more freedom with his character. This is more or less how they build faces these days. Plus his character is still a sarcastic fuck that isn't really buddies with Cena or Trips. He admits he respects them but they're not making him hang out with them on screen or anything. If anything they made his character smart recently by him dropping the Trips stuff.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.