Wrestling Forum banner

What is the worst segment of the last 12 months?

• 'This is your life' - Alexa Bliss

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Michael Jackson promo - Nakamura, Ziggler

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Old Day segment - The Club, The New Day

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.3%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was going to do one of 2017 only but I decided to change it to 12 months so the Old Day could squeak in.

For me there are only three contenders. The Old Day segment, the Ziggler-Nakamura Michael Jackson promo and the 'This is your life' promo.
Here are the three videos to refresh your memory (good luck to anyone watching all three of them in a row :lmao)

The Old day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euu6Pio5VKY
Ziggler-Nakamura segment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGfqypdz8vM
'This is your life' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sryFhBwneQ

They're almost too close for me. I'm sweating just thinking about it.

At a push I'm going to say Ziggler-Nakamura because that Michael Jackson part was some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard and Nakamura came back with some random Japanese and got 'What' chanted. The Old Day and 'this is your life' were really, really stupid but at least you could kind of understand what they meant by them

·
Madness is the emergency exit
2,826 Posts
Re: What is the worst segment of the last 12 monthss?

Between those 3 I'd say that the Naka Ziggler one doesn't fit. It was bad, but it wasn't a train wreck while it happened. The other two were. And to New Day's credit the week after they came out and admitted it sucked and we'd never see it again.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

this is your life was awful. so awful.

and i bet they sent bayley out early because it was bombing so bad.

·
Registered
25,252 Posts

I’ll be honest, I didn’t watch segment last night. As soon as I saw that this was “This Is Your Life”, I knew it would suck. Almost every time they try to replicate something that worked once, it bombs. So I didn’t watch it. And I never will watch it.

The Nakamura/Ziggler segment was bad but ultimately harmless.

For some reason I did subject myself to watch the entire Old Day segment and I felt myself age as much as the “Old Day” in the ring while watching it. So, that one.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

this is your life was awful. so awful.

and i bet they sent bayley out early because it was bombing so bad.
You're telling me that there was a possibility that that segment would go on longer than 12 minutes?

Between those 3 I'd say that the Naka Ziggler one doesn't fit. It was bad, but it wasn't a train wreck while it happened. The other two were. And to New Day's credit the week after they came out and admitted it sucked and we'd never see it again.
It really was. Ziggler started waffling on about Michael Jackson and his life, which no one understood and then Nakamura came back with some Japanese bullshit that no one understood. And he got what chants

·
Banned
2,461 Posts

Even as an Alexa mark. I have to say that segment was utter shit. But I think the shinsuke-ziggler segment was worse.

·
Registered
996 Posts

I'll vote Old Day because I actually couldn't sit through all of it. As a dumb wrestling fan, even if an angle is bad I often have hopes it will end up satisfiyingly, but this one...meh. I'd rather have a match against New Jack.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts

It's too close to call between this is your life and old day. Both were so so bad.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts

Old Day. Definitely Old Day. I honestly didn't think that This is Your Life was THAT bad compared to other shit they've done.

·
Super Moderator
25,842 Posts

I need to see this Bliss/Bayley segment because of how everybody's shitting on it lol. Wish me luck fellas.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts

This Is Your Life. I literally had to stop watching cos it was so cringey at one point. Especially when the "childhood friend" and "ex-boyfriend" began making out. Like SERIOUSLY? What the fuck were they thinking???

·
Registered
1,625 Posts

This is your life is objectively the worst.

But the Bliss marks telling people to forget and trying to downplay it as having nothing to do with her are more entertaining than most of the WWE so there is a silver lining.

·
Super Moderator
25,842 Posts

Welp, just watched it and yeah, it's definitely the WOAT lol, haven't seen the other 2 but I don't need to quite frankly, this shit tops it. Man, USA needs to throw this show in the bushes already and replace it with 3 hours of Mr. Robot reruns or something. Thank goodness LU comes back tomorrow......

1 - 20 of 29 Posts