Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
XFL always seemed like a stupid idea at the time, even as a kid, and so it turned out. Couldn't see how they couldn't realize.

·
Banned
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
XFL always seemed like a stupid idea at the time, even as a kid, and so it turned out. Couldn't see how they couldn't realize.
I agree. Like Vince McMahon knows how to run a Football League, C'mon now. You know people thought it was rigged. Thats what happens when you let your ego get the best of you lol.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Fucking up the Invasion Storyline. They cost themselves miilons with that.

Also, Brawl for All was fucking moronic.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Bad
Hindsight is 20-20, but when Vince blew himself up before the Benoit fiasco. Extremely dumb.
Worse
Hornswoggle is pretty stupid and almost having him as Vince's son is almost worse.
Worst

Yeah that Hornswoggle thing was about the worst storyline ever. LOL two of these are from 2007-8ish...

I think the absolutely worst thing ever though was when Big Bossman fed Al Snow his dog.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Matt Hardy not being a 10 time World Champion really.

·
Banned
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not "gonna be", they actually went through with it. I'm pretty sure it was Mid 2007-Early 2008. It was supposed to be Mr. Kennedy but he got suspended so they thought "Hey, you know what'd be a good idea? Horswoggle!"
How incredibly stupid. Vince could've put someone over with that storyline.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
In defense of the XFL, at the time NBC had lost coverage of the NFL and they were looking for something to promote. They were pissed and Vince McMahon had this idea. To add more fuel to the fire at that time the NFL was in a ratings decline. Kind of hard to believe but they weren't pulling the numbers that they do today. Sure they were an absolute power house, but NBC saw a market and took a risk.

If Vince and NBC had treated the games more of a sport than sports-entertainment it might have worked. Had it tired harder at being great football instead of breaking unnecessary ground it might still be around today. The Arena Football league found success in creating an exciting sport, that could be enjoyed during the off-season of the NFL. If the XFL had followed this strategy without a doubt it could still possibly be a functioning league.

On a personal note. The dude at the car dealership where I purchased my ride was sporting an XFL mug. I almost shit my pants when I saw it lol.

As for the stupidest shit the WWE has ever done? Power-scripting the boys' promos. Just send them out with bullet points and let them sink or swim. Also removing the manager as the talking piece was pretty stupid, as some guys just can't talk but can go in the ring.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Teri Runnels Pregnancy and the D'lo story that followed after
Undertaker's sacrifices (Just smelt of trying to be controversial for the sake of it)
The fucking leprechaun
XFL....Sorry, I meant, 2"THIIIIIIIIS IS THE XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!"
Countless humiliations of JR and any rap segment with Michael Cole
The countless love stories for Kane and him constantly getting stabbed in the back, looking like an emotional idiot

·
Premium Member
17,272 Posts
Fucking up the Invasion Storyline. They cost themselves miilons with that.

Also, Brawl for All was fucking moronic.
can someone explain the whole invasion storyline to me, please? I wasn't watching till about late 08' so I missed some important things.

I'd say book a match a year in advance (WM 28). It went well, but it was so risky.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Shane buys WCW, Steph buys ECW...They invade the WWF, recruit Austin as their leader, goes on for 6 months, WWF win a winner take all match and with that, WCW and ECW are dead

Was utterly stupid...The Rock buried Booker T on the mic alot of times, Austin been a leader for WCW was so idiotic and they didnt have Goldberg or the NWO

·
Premium Member
17,272 Posts
Shane buys WCW, Steph buys ECW...They invade the WWF, recruit Austin as their leader, goes on for 6 months, WWF win a winner take all match and with that, WCW and ECW are dead

Was utterly stupid...The Rock buried Booker T on the mic alot of times, Austin been a leader for WCW was so idiotic and they didnt have Goldberg or the NWO
Well that sounds like they were worried about Brand Confusion so they rushed a story line. Not like they had years of wrestling history to study from or anything...

Live and learn hopefully.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,627 Posts
The Katie Vick storyline with Kane was stupid and ignorant to see. We all know what Kane has done in his past.
Giving The Great Khali the World Heavyweight Championship which to me was the worst title reign in WWE History.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts