Wrestling Forum banner

What is the purpose of this show?

1902 Views 15 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  StylinProfilin
NXT should have lasted for one season. It served its purpose to make Nexus.

However, the show has continued. These wrestlers have NOT made any impact in the WWE. Unlike the original NXT group, these new wrestlers do not appear on the other brands. They don't get any exposure to the WWE fan base.

I strongly believe this show should have only lasted for one season. It has overstayed it welcomed.
Reactions: Chicken Dinner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
14,070 Posts
Nexus wasn't even the purpose of the first show.

it's a tryout method, it serves its purpose fine for those that actually care and watch it.

· Registered
861 Posts
It's a tryout that has fewer strings attached than ECW but gets more limelight than FCW.
Yes, it's becoming a joke, but I think it still acts as a reasonable springboard for any 'rookie' that makes a reasonable impression.

· Crazier than Santorum and Bachmann's love child
7,935 Posts
It has no importance; it never really did (everyone on season 1 ended up in WWE, and seasons 2-4 were jokes). As for why it stuck around, its mainly because WWE has/had contracts with various networks and they needed to put some programming there.

· Registered
957 Posts
Can you imagine if they had this show in 1996?

Triple H, Austin, Rock, Mankind all debut on it. They have them competing in "catch the t-shirt" contests and push the midget round the ring events.

· Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,967 Posts
Can you imagine if they had this show in 1996?

Triple H, Austin, Rock, Mankind all debut on it. They have them competing in "catch the t-shirt" contests and push the midget round the ring events.
Christ... society has changed. Nowadays we look at these rookies do all those crazy contests and we're pretending like it's not going to matter once they Main Event WM... Guess NXT is the equivalent of Hog Pen Matches for someone like HHH though.

· GOAT
4,573 Posts
Basically to give the younger FCW guys a way into the main roster, such as the original Nexus, Harris & McGillicutty, Kaitlyn (or not lol)

I haven't really been following season 4 like I said I would, but I'm sure there'll be a few brought into the main roster after the season ends, such as Brodus Clay (who I've heard may feud with DiBiase)

· Registered
1,313 Posts
Put the right group on for Season 5 and this show will shine.

Tyler Black, Dibiase's brother, Steamboat Jr., etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.