Wrestling Forum banner

Do you read spoilers for WWE programming?

• Yes; I read spoilers.

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • No; I try not to read spoilers.

Votes: 26 55.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple years ago I was way into spoilers. I looked wanted every bit of the show I could get as soon as I could get it. But now I try to steer clear of spoilers. It gets crazy tempting to look, but I find myself enjoying it more without peeking at the outcome. Anyhow, I was wondering what other peoples reasons for looking at spoilers were, and if you don't look at them, why not?

·
Registered
813 Posts
I read full spoilers if I know I'm not going to be able to catch a show and there's no harm.
I read partial spoilers - like a match listing - to know if I'm going to be interested in watching Superstars or Smackdown that night.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
I look at spoilers but because it's so tempting that I just do it.

I do it for Smackdown & TNA just because they're there.

But sometimes spoilers can be a good thing for me, because it want to tune in to see how the stuff unfolds.

For example when I read an Impact spoiler saying that the EV2.0 guys invaded TNA and a massive brawl broke out between the EV2.0 guys and the TNA roster, I tuned into see (although I was disappointed).

But all in all, if spoilers never existed I really wouldn't care, it's just that because they're there I read them.

·
Asuka
96,366 Posts
It's tempting, but beyond that, it's worth it to know if what happened on the show is worth watching. I don't want to invest my time into a show if it's gonna be ASS. And I don't care about the "surprise factor" or whatever, doesn't bother me, so I'd rather read them.

·
Registered
395 Posts
The purpose of reading spoilers is to find out whether or not it will be a waste of 2 hours or not. I mean, in the middle of juggling Uni with its assignments, other pursuits and hobbies, you'd want to be sure that you're not using up 2 hours just to watch trash.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
you just reminded me i need to read the smackdown spoilers!

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
It's hard not to read them and also it lets you know whether to stay home or not

·
Premium Member
16,993 Posts
I'm always busy on Friday nights, I never get to catch Smackdown when it airs, so I just check out the spoilers on Tuesday.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I try as hard as possible to not read spoilers, but it's impossible for PPVs. Like, after HIAC, I was looking for an upload of it. I came on here, and I see the latest post in the Raw section is "Cena fans: U MAD???" or something like that. It pissed me off so much that some people don't know how not to spoil it for those of us who download it the next day.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I read spoilers for the weekly shows. With SD, I only really watch it 25% of the time, so it actually kind of helps me keep up with what's going on.

When it comes to PPVs though, I make sure to steer clear of spoilers (and WF) because that's when the big stuff happens and I don't want to know the results.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I read spoilers because when Smackdown or Superstars is on theres a high chance I'll be out doing something else and will miss them anyway?

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
I try to avoid them. Usually I read threads with "possible spoilers" in the title aka dirstheet bullshit, but not results for the TV shows.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I read the Smackdown spoilers because I wanna know if it's worth watching. Yeah, the "surprise" is gone, but I rather am not surprised then dissapointed in a bad show. Same goes for most of the PPVs, since over here in Austria, it's rather complicated to watch PPVs on your TV set (let alone watch them live), so I have to download them or watch them online or something the next day. The only PPVs I would never spoil to myself are the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts