Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's a bit confusing at times.

You can sometimes choose another partner such as Chris Jericho when Edge got injured when he chose The Big Show as his partner or in examples from TNA when Matt Morgan held the tag titles and looked for different partners or the titles are vacated like when Awesome Kong was released from TNA when she was partnered up with Hamada they vacated the titles, instead of letting her choose another partner.

So what is the more general or correct way to handle the championships when a partner is injured or released from a promotion? I tried to look it up online but not much info came up and it left me even more confused than before.

I hope someone can finally clear this up for me, thank you in advance and I wish you all a good day.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Re: What is the general rule when you lose a tag team partner while being the champio

they get replaced or are defended by the sole survivor in a two on one match although they should be vacated then have a tourney

·
Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,101 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Re: What is the general rule when you lose a tag team partner while being the champio

Nowadays the general rule when you lose a tag team partner while being champions is that one of you turns heel while the other gets future endeavored.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts

Whatever booking wants?
This, obviously.

·
Registered
727 Posts

they almost always feud with one another. the one with less talent jobs, thats the rule.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

All right thx everyone for your input on the matter.

I needed this info for a future BTB project where I plan to break up a tag team during their title reign due to an injury and wanted to be sure I was as realistic as I could be in that situation. The guy who stays will either stay champion with a new partner or lose the titles those are my 2 best options.

Thx again everyone you've been very helpful.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts

You can really do anything you want.

Plenty of guys have replaced an injured teammate. Jericho replaced Edge with Big Show, Sam Anoia replaced Sika in the Wild Samoans, etc. etc.

Other teams have been stripped of the title when one can't compete.

Others have been stripped when the other guy already is (Bob Backlund) or becomes (Diesel) world champion. Other times, the world champ has been allowed to have two titles (John Cena).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts