Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
16,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, at the moment, the kid is being made to look like a star

more than that - everybody wants him to be part of their group - Sydal wanted him, Lio wants him, Taz wants him and the Acclaimed wanted him

that is a lot of kayfabe feathers in his cap

What is in your mind the preferred or natural end of all of this though

I would like it if he goes down a darker path for a bit, corrupted by Lio or another - and then only for his brother to return and remind him that they are a team and basically good guys

then they go it alone and long term go after the tag titles

all in all - this is a nice little story they are building with Dante which can go in many directions

any thoughts?

·
Angry at refs
5,686 Posts
There's only one path for the kid. He needs to join Jurassic Express and he needs to wrack up wins.

Ultimately, the AEW World Champion (Marko Stunt) will get nervous and will start to throw a spanner into it all, having the rest of JE turn on Dante akin to Evolution turning on Randy Orton. Of course we'll go the same direction, where the World Champ Marko Stunt (HHH) buries Dante Martin (Orton) in a quick 2m squash.

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
We don't know yet, beyond him eventually going over Lio.

That's the beauty of it.

A run at the TNT Championship is probably in the cards at some point though.

Now, if the House of Black idea gets off the ground they might want to turn him heel and put him in there, and then let him eventually explode as the top babyface out of that stable.

Lots of different ways to go. Just sit back and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
He keeps getting pulled in various directions from different potential managers/groups. He finally tells them to all fuck off because there is only one person he can put his trust in, Darius Martin. They re-form Top Flight and go on a strong tag run. This isn't what I would do, but it is what I think will happen.

Personally, I would extend the Lio stable. Have him poach Hobbs from Taz. Lio signs Keith Lee and calls him his limitless moneymaker. Finally, he brings back Darius to pair with Dante. Lee is your main eventer, Hobbs is your TNT title contender and Top Flight are the tag team. Maybe even add a women like Jade, Athena (Ember Moon), Leyla Hirsch, or Rok-C (ROH women's champ).

·
Registered
16,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He keeps getting pulled in various directions from different potential managers/groups. He finally tells them to all fuck off because there is only one person he can put his trust in, Darius Martin. They re-form Top Flight and go on a strong tag run. This isn't what I would do, but it is what I think will happen.

Personally, I would extend the Lio stable. Have him poach Hobbs from Taz. Lio signs Keith Lee and calls him a guy with limitless earnings potential. Finally, he brings back Darius to pair with Dante.
Lio + Hobbs will be golden IMO

their personalities will mesh well

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Wouldn't it be apropos if Dante got into a feud with someone and it culminated in an inferno match? 😂

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I would like a feud with his brother (he returns envious) letting Dante go over and exposing his brother again after so many months injured. After that they conclude that they are better together and have a strong tag team push.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Dante basically said after Full Gear that Top Flight will be a thing again when Darius is healthy. Darius was better than Dante before his injury, though Dante has come along so well since then. Still no return date for Darius, but he's been out since February so it can't be too long. These two could perhaps become the Hardy Boys of AEW.

·
Registered
184 Posts
hopefully it ends with him learning how to cut a promo and carrying himself with a little more swag. hes a good kid and has cool moves and he can fly, but he seems like not a natural in front of the camera.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I think Lio will start to show his dark side more and will slowly try and pull Dante into a more sinister direction, maybe even go so far that we will see Darius try and get him back, leading up to a match between the two, where Dante realizes that his brother is more important than Lio and money, causing a rift between Lio that recruits an enforcer like Hobbs and goes into a feud with Top Flight.

·
Registered
329 Posts
When is his brother supposed to be back? That’ll be an interesting fork in the road for Dante. Will he become enamored with the spotlight and crave it all his own? Or will he be willing to go the tag route with his brother once healthy?

·
Registered
377 Posts

Personally, I would extend the Lio stable. Have him poach Hobbs from Taz. Lio signs Keith Lee and calls him his limitless moneymaker. Finally, he brings back Darius to pair with Dante. Lee is your main eventer, Hobbs is your TNT title contender and Top Flight are the tag team. Maybe even add a women like Jade, Athena (Ember Moon), Leyla Hirsch, or Rok-C (ROH women's champ).
I freaking love this idea, I would love if this happened. Lee, The Martin Bros, Athena or Rok-C, and Lio, you have an impressive title contending stable.

·
Registered
536 Posts

and then they can com out to the nations theme, Hobbs can be Kamala and shout “power to the nation by any means necessary”lmao

·
Registered
533 Posts
I think Lio will start to show his dark side more and will slowly try and pull Dante into a more sinister direction, maybe even go so far that we will see Darius try and get him back, leading up to a match between the two, where Dante realizes that his brother is more important than Lio and money, causing a rift between Lio that recruits an enforcer like Hobbs and goes into a feud with Top Flight.
just quoted you to let you know how fucking sick your avatar is...LOVE the king and MF!

·
Southern Pride
Bless Your Heart
6,002 Posts
Ultimately Dante will end up back with Darius as a tag team. I really don't expect Dante to hold the TNT title or anything until then. He will just keep getting opportunities in the ring and out of the ring. Hopefully that once Darius is back they will focus on giving Darius plenty of time on his own as well in between of their tag team matches so that it doesn't become "Dante and his brother".

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I can see a heel turn coming from a mile off (joining the House of Black as mentioned above is genius).

Then, I can see him growing tired of people trying to "manage" him, where he then turns face down the line.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts