Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Stone Cold Steve Austin's podcast a while back Vince said that Cesaro, a great worker and a fan favorite in the IWC lacked "IT". Cesaro was hot after being in the Real Americans, the Cesaro Swing was over. The guy won the first ever Andre the Giant Battle Royal at the Granddaddy of them all, he was made into a " Paul Heyman guy" and soon thereafter pushed into the depths of the lower midcard. He had it all, and is now a part of a tag team with Tyson Kidd. How could Cesaro fall so far? Simply because he lacks "IT".

As much as the majority of the IWC dislikes Roman Reigns there is no denying he has " IT", the guy can't talk about the coming of Jesus and make it interesting, but somehow he possesses "IT". You can see "IT" whenever he's on screen. But why?

So I ask, what is "IT"? How does one gain " IT"? Who in the 'E processes the power of "IT"?

·
Registered
443 Posts
That's an easy question. "IT" = DA LOOK! BELEE DAT! Sorry Wyrm I just had to hehe. :p

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
In Stone Cold Steve Austin's podcast a while back Vince said that Cesaro, a great worker and a fan favorite in the IWC lacked "IT". Cesaro was hot after being in the Real Americans, the Cesaro Swing was over. The guy won the first ever Andre the Giant Battle Royal at the Granddaddy of them all, he was made into a " Paul Heyman guy" and soon thereafter pushed into the depths of the lower midcard. He had it all, and is now a part of a tag team with Tyson Kidd. How could Cesaro fall so far? Simply because he lacks "IT".

As much as the majority of the IWC dislikes Roman Reigns there is no denying he has " IT", the guy can't talk about the coming of Jesus and make it interesting, but somehow he possesses "IT". You can see "IT" whenever he's on screen. But why?

So I ask, what is "IT"? How does one gain " IT"? Who in the 'E processes the power of "IT"?
I would say in a large way that it goes back to the ability to connect to the crowd and have the crowd become emotionally invested in a wrestler. Furthermore to the point where such wrestler makes the person to not miss watching such wrestler.

·
Banned
3,087 Posts
Goldberg had "IT" since he didn't have a whole lot else. A combination of intensity, charisma and look/presence.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
It exists everywhere, It is essentially why people with little talent become popular, not just in wrestling. The Ultimate Warrior, Goldberg, Batista, Hulk Hogan, John Cena, Brock Lesnar and Kevin Nash (I think) were all people who were helped by it, some more than others. Most were lacking in important areas but their aura made up for it. We being hardcore fans, see through it and judge on talent. The general public does not care judging by terrible singers becoming popular. Just because Vince does not think Cesaro has it does not mean it is ruining the business, this just means Vince McMahon is ruining the business.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Sadly, that's a feeling that most part of the IWC can't understand
What a lot of the IWC especially the younger and newer fans don't seem to understand is that what makes professional wrestling great is when there are all types of styles and sizes of wrestlers. Wrestling cannot just have continuous chain wrestling and that be it. What it needs is true technical wrestling, the power brawlers, the just straight up big wrestlers and the combo power/technical guys. Wrestling has to have variety. However, the most important element is the ability of a wrestler to tell a story that the crowd cares about. This is nothing new but something that was paramount even in the NWA territories.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,349 Posts
"IT" is just an excuse to pick and choose who you want. Honestly most wrestlers have "IT" or else they wouldn't be wrestling on TV. Some people have different kinds of "IT", Roman has "IT" in a way but not overall like SCSA, Rock, Taker or even Cena. Maybe he will but the people claiming the "IT" factor will eventually get bored of a guy who isn't good at much of anything he currently does.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
No no no, I think most people really don't get it. "It" isn't the look. When they say "it", it really just means the ability to connect with a crowd, and it's not just pro wrestling. Showmanship, charisma, working a mic, working a crowd. Stand up comedy guys have "it". When you have "it" backed with great athleticism and wrestling ability, like Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, or The Rock, it's what makes a great professional wrestler.

/thread

EDIT: Lol, I definitely wouldn't say Roman Reigns has "it". He has "the look". Once an experienced pro wrestler sees Roman Reigns work alone in the ring and on the mic, he would realize that Reigns doesn't have "it", at least not yet.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I can't figure John Cena having "it", if he actually had it.... He fucking lost that a long time ago.
John Cnea is an incredible solid performer all around and is defiantly the face of the company. h e is another guy you could say WWE handled poorly, only this time by overpushing him instead of the usual underpushing. Just because you do not like him does not mean he does not have it. I'm not a fan of Goldberg or Sting really, but I can admit that they have a special attraction to the majority.

·
Premium Member
17,744 Posts
IT is the ability to connect and have people interested in you. Mick Foley had IT and didn't have exceptional in ring ability, mic skills, or the look.

As for Cesaro, he definitely has wrestling skills. And I thought he had IT when the crowd went ape shit for him after Mania (and consequently that Vince was lying and purposely screwed him). But at the same time, he didn't have mic skills to fall back on. They have to be able to do everything good enough and then have something exceptional. I think many people have the IT factor though and WWE passes over them.

·
Banned
754 Posts
John Cnea is an incredible solid performer all around and is defiantly the face of the company. h e is another guy you could say WWE handled poorly, only this time by overpushing him instead of the usual underpushing. Just because you do not like him does not mean he does not have it. I'm not a fan of Goldberg or Sting really, but I can admit that they have a special attraction to the majority.
Stop reading at "John Cena is a solid in ring performer".

·
Kerser is the sickest.
1,506 Posts
'It' is where you just know someone is something special. Outside of wrestling examples (because some of them have been shocking that I've seen) Michael Jackson had 'it'. To me Stone Cold would be a Michael Jackson someone with talent and charisma that connects with the crowd and Cena would be a Bieber - someone who doesn't really have 'it' but is marketed and shoved down throats of kids to the point they're considered 'successful'.

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
IT is the ability to connect and have people interested in you. Mick Foley had IT and didn't have exceptional in ring ability, mic skills, or the look.

As for Cesaro, he definitely has wrestling skills. And I thought he had IT when the crowd went ape shit for him after Mania (and consequently that Vince was lying and purposely screwed him). But at the same time, he didn't have mic skills to fall back on. They have to be able to do everything good enough and then have something exceptional. I think many people have the IT factor though and WWE passes over them.
Foley is an all time great mic worker.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts