Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't just limited to WWE/WCW/TNA and other promotions in the United States, but it can also include promotions in Mexico, Japan, Canada and Europe.

So which match do you feel best fits that title?

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
My personal favorite is the 4-Team Elimination match from Victory Road in 08.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
To me no doubt Halloween Havoc 97: Rey Jr. vs Eddie Guerrero. Just a great everything perfect match with a Story behind it,unlike most CW Matches.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I can't remember the promotion, but Y2J vs Ultimo Dragon is pretty fantastic. It's on his DVD I think, or kicking around the multimedia forum.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
If only 2 cold scorpio was about 10 lbs lighter and was classed as a cruiserweight, I'd say his match vs Eddie Guerrero, EG's debut in ECW, for the TV title. Some of the pure wrestling is breathtaking.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Probably Eddie vs Rey at Halloween Havoc. It was tremendous. That or a random Eddie vs Malenko match.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good mentions in here.

If only 2 cold scorpio was about 10 lbs lighter and was classed as a cruiserweight, I'd say his match vs Eddie Guerrero, EG's debut in ECW, for the TV title. Some of the pure wrestling is breathtaking.
Close enough. You could go with that.

·
Custom User Title
15,232 Posts
Cicloncito Ramirez vs. Damiancito El Guerrero CMLL 7/1/97. There'd be a link of it floating around somewhere, I think in the puro match/dvd/show thread.

Best one I've seen, anyway. Both of those guys are around 5'4"-5'5", but I've seen better matches from guys in Mexico that aren't THAT much bigger, but aren't classified as "minis" (Cicloncito and Damiancito are based off of other wrestlers, like there's an Ultimo Dragoncito), and are in main level "heavyweight" matches.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I really liked the Title vs Mask Chris Jericho/Juventud Guerrera match at SuperBrawl VIII. That was one I really enjoyed watching back in 98 and even on the Rise & Fall of WCW DVD.

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
Eddie Guerrero and Art Barr vs. El Hijo del Santo and Octagón was rated a 5 star match. I watched it a few months back and it was rather good. I think it was best 2/3 falls and was amazed how good it was.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Definitely Eddie vs Rey at Halloween Havoc. It's not just the best Cruiserweight/Light-Heavyweight match ever, it could make a case for being the greatest match ever. Period.

Eddie and Rey do things in that match that have never been done, and will never be done again.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Eddie/Rey from Halloween Havoc is probably the best I've seen, but another WCW classic that's almost as good is Pillman/Liger from Superbrawl II. I know it actually gets plenty of recognition among fans, but for some reason I feel like it always gets forgotten.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts