Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
9,089 Posts
Hea the biggest name they have and it would be good business to have Moxley or Omega chase the world title and have one them eventually win it. No question in my mind that Jericho should be the first AEW world champion.

·
Registered
500 Posts
He's a 50 year old slob with a beer belly. That's not the right kind of person to build your company around.
Well then good thing they’re not building the company around him.

He’s 48 btw, and still more over than anyone in the WWE and still puts on great matches.

·
Bless you.
1,791 Posts
He has 3 million followers on Twitter and I'm sure just as much on Instagram. Yet not one of the AEW videos about DoN on YouTube pages directly connected to the company have over a million views. So if he can't even bring them a million views on YouTube how many folk do you think will be turning in on TV because Jericho is there?
What a nerd. Isn't this thread about Jericho himself? He creates buzz and brings credibility to the table.

·
Registered
21,414 Posts
What a nerd. Isn't this thread about Jericho himself? He creates buzz and brings credibility to the table.
nerd? You're the one who brought up his social media following. AEW is built off of using social media, yet having the buzz and credibility of Jericho isn't even getting them to crack a million views even in videos with him. Which kind of makes the whole "well Jericho has all these followers on social media that will follow him" comment you made pointless.

·
Banned
8,928 Posts
If you've been watching arq sofar you would know. Which makes me think you have not. The guys got one of the much better characters going in wrestling today te inventing himself playing avery good heel

·
Registered
21,414 Posts
If you've been watching arq sofar you would know. Which makes me think you have not. The guys got one of the much better characters going in wrestling today te inventing himself playing avery good heel
I wouldn't say Jericho reinvented himself. New wardrobe sure. But the last time he truly reinvented himself is when he wore the suit and got serious. This is just typical insanely huge ego heel Jericho

·
Registered
12,648 Posts
I think Jericho is a great signing for AEW. The known name that brings then much needed exposure.

That said.....I have ZERO interest in him being the champion of the organization. Hoping and praying to every god there is that Hangman wins the title.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
His name.

Maybe he can cut some good promos and help create some good angles.

Definitely not his work rate anymore.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Jericho needs to be to AEW what Terry Funk was to early ECW: the guy who goes through the locker room putting people over to make them and legitimize them.

Some of them are complete unknowns except to truly hardcore indie fans. Some of them are known to non-casuals who are into the indie scene. But apart from Jericho, Cody and Mox, they aren’t known to casuals and you’re going to have to find that broader audience to make it on television.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts