Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Right is this not the part when the OP starts going on about "indy geeks", "vanilla midgets", "flippy guys" and how Roman Reigns is the answer to all of wrestling's problems but it's because of "da smarks" that he isn't a megastar like The Rock and Austin???
His a Lesnar mark not reigns mark. Oh and KO. Yet he makes fat jokes about Jericho

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,978 Posts
Cool Dad is a "name" being used to bring eyes to the company. As soon as they're established in a year, he fucks back off to his shitty band and WWE.

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Right is this not the part when the OP starts going on about "indy geeks", "godly wrestlers", "flippy guys" and how Roman Reigns is the answer to all of wrestling's problems but it's because of "da smarks" that he isn't a megastar like The Rock and Austin???
His a Lesnar mark not reigns mark. Oh and KO. Yet he makes fat jokes about Jericho
Kevin Owens is a legitimate badass and one of the toughest guys in wrestling. Jericho is not. He's such an old, out of shape slob. Big difference.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
I'm not a AEW fan(not a hater either) but I'm just glad to see he is still healthy and can make a living doing what he is obviously still passionate about, and based on past actions he is definitely a guy that would eat a pin if it makes someone else look better for it, they are just establishing him as a big deal so that when he does lose to someone it is a big deal.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Right is this not the part when the OP starts going on about "indy geeks", "godly wrestlers", "flippy guys" and how Roman Reigns is the answer to all of wrestling's problems but it's because of "da smarks" that he isn't a megastar like The Rock and Austin???
Kevin Owens is a legitimate badass and one of the toughest guys in wrestling. Jericho is not. He's such an old, out of shape slob. Big difference.
Wait Owens is a bad ass?? Why do you say that?? Jericho is well know for calling guys out and fighting guys who are twice his size?? Both Goldberg and lesnar have had to step to jericho

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Jericho take down Goldberg and also train in the hart dungeon which is one of the toughest places in wrestling?

Does that not prove his toughness credentials or were Bret and Lance storm severely downplaying the dungeon? And did he only beat goldberg to a standstill due to Goldberg being nice ?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Jericho take down Goldberg and also train in the hart dungeon which is one of the toughest places in wrestling?

Does that not prove his toughness credentials or were Bret and Lance storm severely downplaying the dungeon? And did he only beat goldberg to a standstill due to Goldberg being nice ?
The OP is more than likely a Smarkbusters Stan, and those two creeps always shat on the Dungeon. So you're wasting your time bringing it up as a way to prove Jericho's toughness.
Yeah, but Jericho took down Goldberg with ease and kept him down with ease as well.
I've never heard any stories about Kevin Owens being a legit tough guy.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,130 Posts
The money is in the chase. Jericho's already talking a ton and giving himself all of the credit for how well they're doing. Give him the title, let his ego get worse and worse, and then let someone take the title off him. Throw in that he's the most recognizable name they have and it makes sense.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Jericho can get a fucking clipboard over with crowds, and the Japanese fans have been hot for him consistently.

He's still got it. Now long-term should they build around him, no of course not. But to start off with to get eyes on the product and then build someone else up to take him down, yeah sure.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Jericho is the main reason why I started to get interest in AEW. By the way, he is the best heel in the whole wrestling world right now.
Same. Haven't watched weekly wrestling since Jericho left. I've given AEW a shot because of him and I've since become a fan of many of their other wrestlers

·
Attending Chris Jericho's Rager with Scott Steiner
6,418 Posts
Wait Owens is a bad ass?? Why do you say that?? Jericho is well know for calling guys out and fighting guys who are twice his size?? Both Goldberg and lesnar have had to step to jericho
I'm sure OP will get back to you promptly about why you are totally not correct. :eyeroll2

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
They've had two shows and a third one already announced.

If I'm new to wrestling and I see an old, fat, drunken, slob as the centerpiece of the company, more than likely I'm not going to be interested. Jericho should be not be in a top position in AEW. It's that simple.
Except they aren't going for new fans currently. They are trying to get the old fans back. Everyone that has been a wrestling fan since about 96 will know who Chris Jericho is. WWE has lost about 3 mil fans tuning into Raw since the AE. They are the target.

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

That was 16 years ago dude. I liked the Jericho of 2003. The Jericho of 2019 is a fucking joke. Kevin Owens is the future and is one of the best in the world right now.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
nostalgia sells, that's why no-one minds Glacier or Dan Severn making cameos on the indy scene

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Pretty fkn obvious PR reasoning isn't it???

MAINSTREAM MARKETABILITY

Normal people who aren't wrestling marks actually know who he is....gives the company notoriety out the gates.

·
Don't Feed The Troll!
742 Posts
To answer ops question, Jericho isn't the focus, it's Omega. Jericho is there to get Kenny to a mainstream US audience and build the brand.

41 - 60 of 114 Posts