Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many people are going to disagree with me but I find the Peoples Elbow to be just that - an Elbow Drop. Albeit with a bit of the Rock thrown in. Ok he throws his elbow pad into the crowd does a weird pointy thing and then drops an elbow. Hardly devastating, hardly electrifying. How we were supposed to "believe" that an Elbow Drop was electrifying I don't know.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
If someone else was doing it? agree, The Rock doing it? electrifying.
the crowd reaction for every PE since mid 98 needs to tell you...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I can see that he gets pop when he stares at the crow with his opponent on his back. But an Elbow Drop?! Such an anti-climax.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Its because its a long drawn out finisher, so the crowd has plenty of time to anticipate whats coming, and of course cheer along with every stage. Its basically Rock conducting an orchestra, effectively.

·
Registered
15,836 Posts
I have to say I hated the elbow as a finisher... at least the Rock Bottom was easier to believe as one.

·
Know Your Worth
10,729 Posts
It's just a finisher.. like the FU is just a fireman's carry, yet it is considered a devastating finisher.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
The little dance he does before landing it 8*D

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
The way he presents it and how much energy he has while doing it is what puts it over. It was never looked as a serious finishing move that knocks people the fuck out as there has been people who have kicked out of it several times before but it's just an add on to the Rock Bottom and gets the crowd involved more. I would say it's a hell of a lot better than Hogan's lame legdrop.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts