Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I've joined this site back in August, I have seen a lot of Miz hate on here. Now, I know that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. But here is what I'm not understanding:

People say that The Miz LOOKS like a joke. What does that even mean? What look is he suppose to have? People say he looks like a joke but then root for Daniel Bryan to be pushed...have you seen Daniel Bryan? He doesnt necessarily have world champion written all over him either. I know that Daniel Bryan has vastly superior wrestling skills so that gives him the edge, but honestly, what LOOK is The Miz suppose to have?

People knock him for coming out in suits. Really? When Chris Jericho did the same thing everyone thought it was brilliant. Nobody seemed to mind when Batista would come out in suits. What is the problem with wearing a fucking suit? If anything it makes him look more professional.

People complain about his mic skills. He gets major heat every week. He is doing his job. What specifically is wrong with his mic skills?

His in ring skills arent great, but what do you expect? Most of the really good wrestlers started wrestling at least 10 years ago. Miz probably started wrestling like 8 years ago at most. The fact that he can hang (for the most part) with some of these guys is pretty impressive given his background. You dont have to see CM Punk or Daniel Bryan status everytime, IMO.

His title run is viewed as a joke. That's the bookers fault, not The Miz's. I'm pretty sure he didnt go to WWE Creative and say "I suck, so have me wrestle Jerry Lawler." WWE booked it, and booked it so that he would have a hard time against him. Again, he did his job. Didn't Chris Jericho get beat up by some HOFers a couple of years ago as well? Ric Flair went over many superstars that he shouldnt have.

Anyway, I've given my opening argument. Im not a Miz worshiper, but I think the amount of flak he has been getting is probably biased and unfair. So I would like to know what SPECIFICALLY is wrong with The Miz. And dont give a bullshit answer like "because he sucks in the ring." Give me an actual reason. An actual argument.

· Banned
178 Posts
He's an awful wrestler,he doesn't have the looks or the unique appereance to cover his wrestling inability,his character is generic as fuck and made to look unbeliveably weak and undeserving of the position he's been given,his lame finisher is holding him back (same with Ziggler,Barrett)-people overlook that these days,what would Stone COld be without Stunner,Taker without Tombstone and HHH without Pedigree?

· Registered
1,078 Posts
He is a great talker, BUT his overall in ring skill is a little less than mediocre, his look although good, is not main eventy, and his finisher not only sucks but takes too much time to set up for the anticlimactic outcome.

· Lucy Snorebush
2,166 Posts
He's an awful wrestler,he doesn't have the looks or the unique appereance to cover his wrestling inability,his character is generic as fuck and made to look unbeliveably weak and undeserving of the position he's been given,his lame finisher is holding him back (same with Ziggler,Barrett)-people overlook that these days,what would Stone COld be without Stunner,Taker without Tombstone and HHH without Pedigree?
This last line is silly. Stone Cold didn't need the stunner to be as over as he was, one finisher doesn't label you as potentially the best of all time. Taker without the Tombstone? He basically went 4 years without it during the ABA era, using The Last Ride instead. As for HHH, sheer talent or backstage politics, or perhaps a mixture of both got him to the position he was in.

· Registered
5,747 Posts
He represents sports entertainment far more than pro wrestling and fans of what they grew up with are terrified and lash out with anger and hate. Shrug.

· Registered
1,343 Posts
I really couldnt tell you whats wrong with the Miz. I started skipping segments he was in a few years ago and ive just not managed to break the habit. Does he still suck these days? Im guessing yes.

· Registered
3,493 Posts
He doesn't have main event level matches unless it's gimmicked or with Daniel Bryan, his promo's are pretty much all the same which is partly because his current character has been done to death (cocky young heel is going to be the future). He does however deserve to be recognised for his dedication to get where he is now. He's a hard worker and at least he is mediocre instead of awful. Plus he was built up correctly over a few years, more out of accident than design. I don't like him because he is not very good but I give him credit for being bearable thesedays.

· Banned
178 Posts
This last line is silly. Stone Cold didn't need the stunner to be as over as he was, one finisher doesn't label you as potentially the best of all time. Taker without the Tombstone? He basically went 4 years without it during the ABA era, using The Last Ride instead. As for HHH, sheer talent or backstage politics, or perhaps a mixture of both got him to the position he was in.
What i meant is that is that a good/great finisher helps alot,especially if you're a below average wrestler like the Miz.And i fully stand by my opinion that without Whipwreck's Stunner Austin would never be what he is.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,225 Posts
If The Miz is such an awful wrestler then why does he consistently have good matches with everyone not named Randy Orton?

*In before "He woz carried in dem matches"*
The answer to that question is that in many of those mtches his opponants sell better than Orton does. Many people, including myself for a long time, get into the mindset where we think that the face should look strong when the heel is getting his offense in. This is simply not true, what it actually does is make the heel look weak and kills the match.

The face should sell, sell, sell when he's being beaten down by the heel. He has to look hurt so that when he makes his comeback in the closing minutes it means something. When top faces like Orton, Cena and Triple H don't sell enough the crowd don't boo the heel because they don't care nor, when the face mounts a comeback, will they cheer for the same reason.

For the record, Miz actually plays his part pretty well. Sure, he may not have the skills of a Benoit or a Danielson but that doesn't matter too much, he's able to put in decent looking offense that flows fairly well. Once again for emphasis, the problem is that top guys don't sell it so it means nothing and makes him look far worse than he actually is.

· Premium Member
24,366 Posts
His wrestling could improve, but he's showed he can be carried to a decent match at least. Some aren't even capable of that. He could use more creativity/better material. Idk how much freedom they give him with his promos, but they are all pretty much the same. I don't mind having catchphrases, but sometimes i feel like that and cheap heat is all he has. Idk if that is all he allowed because it seems he's very capable of being unlikable and speaking so he could use some better material.

· Registered
4,669 Posts
Nothing. Internet marks just get confused when a heel succeeds in making them hate hate him because he's so good at looking like, sounding like and being a douchebag. They have to pretend to dislike him on some deeper meta level to protect their smark cred.

· Registered
10,981 Posts
He's just too damn generic!

He has the most generic look I have ever seen. Wow the skinny dude with spiky hair, that look is so hard to pull off. The entire Jersey Shore casts already pulls off that look.

And he just doesn't have any presence. You don't get that WWE Champion presence from him. If he didn't have the title with him I might even forget he's champion or was a champion when he loses it.

· Banned
178 Posts
Nothing. Internet marks just get confused when a heel succeeds in making them hate hate him because he's so good at looking like, sounding like and being a douchebag. They have to pretend to dislike him on some deeper meta level to protect their smark cred.
That's the problem,he doesn't make me hate him in a way that i boo him because he's a great heel,he makes me hate him in the way i switch the channel kind of hate.There is a big difference between hating someone because of how goood he is at his role and hating someone simply because he sucks.Or in even in a worse case then that he simply makes me indifferent.I just don't care.If he didn't have that belt i couldn't even remember he's the champ.

· Registered
3,967 Posts
If The Miz is such an awful wrestler then why does he consistently have good matches with everyone not named Randy Orton?

*In before "He woz carried in dem matches"*
He doesn't. His matches with Cena weren't that good, nor with Mysterio, nor with Edge, or Lawler or most of his matches. The only good matches were with Morrison and Bryan, two excellent, great in ring workers. And btw he's had a pretty good match with Orton on Smackdown.

The answer to that question is that in many of those mtches his opponants sell better than Orton does. Many people, including myself for a long time, get into the mindset where we think that the face should look strong when the heel is getting his offense in. This is simply not true, what it actually does is make the heel look weak and kills the match.

The face should sell, sell, sell when he's being beaten down by the heel. He has to look hurt so that when he makes his comeback in the closing minutes it means something. When top faces like Orton, Cena and Triple H don't sell enough the crowd don't boo the heel because they don't care nor, when the face mounts a comeback, will they cheer for the same reason.

For the record, Miz actually plays his part pretty well. Sure, he may not have the skills of a Benoit or a Danielson but that doesn't matter too much, he's able to put in decent looking offense that flows fairly well. Once again for emphasis, the problem is that top guys don't sell it so it means nothing and makes him look far worse than he actually is.

No, no one in the WWE except maybe John Morrison sells better than Orton. He's one of the best sellers of all time, don't hate on such an astronomical level that you can't give Orton his due.

And Personally, I think Miz is very boring, and his mic skills are lackluster. And imo he doesn't get a lot of heat tbh. Also Wrestling is supposed to be at least partly realistic and Miz being champion and beating anyone is highly unrealistic as he looks like the kind of person that gets bullied and picked on.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.