Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What to do with Josh Alexander if Page is really leaving.

My Pitch is to get him Heel manager and let him be monster heel.
He is great in ring but lacks a mic skill a bit.
Maybe pair him up with Josh Matthews he can deffinitly talk andcan drove some heel.
Or maybe pairing him up with Ken Shamrock as a Mentor t he can become beast in both ways.
Or maybe another tag partner what do you think guys ? :)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Hopefully a Samoa Joe push in that he has a long undefeated streak and maybe even target X division come BFG. A nice reign as X division champ where he wants to focus on suplex rather than flips would make his #1 target for most of roster and can hopefully build up a new x division ace is the process e.g Blake Christian (if he signs exclusive) a strong reign would also put my eyes on Josh so post reign, he can move up the card to potential world title shot, a feud vs Eddie Edwards in between would be perfect to.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
What to do with Josh Alexander if Page is really leaving.

My Pitch is to get him Heel manager and let him be monster heel.
He is great in ring but lacks a mic skill a bit.
Maybe pair him up with Josh Matthews he can deffinitly talk andcan drove some heel.
Or maybe pairing him up with Ken Shamrock as a Mentor t he can become beast in both ways.
Or maybe another tag partner what do you think guys ? :)
Exactly like you said, get him a manger to do the talking, have him be a silent killer and release him on the X-division and run through that for awhile, dropping the belt in ultimate x then move him into a new tag team or give him a faction. I think putting him straight into a new team would be a mistake though, unless they're someone who'd go together really well with him it will just feel like a lame replacement. Regardless i hope he doesn't get wasted jobbing out or leaving as he is good in ring.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hopefully a Samoa Joe push in that he has a long undefeated streak and maybe even target X division come BFG. A nice reign as X division champ where he wants to focus on suplex rather than flips would make his #1 target for most of roster and can hopefully build up a new x division ace is the process e.g Blake Christian (if he signs exclusive) a strong reign would also put my eyes on Josh so post reign, he can move up the card to potential world title shot, a feud vs Eddie Edwards in between would be perfect to.
The thing is
X div is strong enough Impact needs to boost heavyweight division
I Can see Ace Austin,Chris Bey and guys like Cousin Jake as X division future
But impact lacks heavyweight talents if Impact willl use Moose,Josh,Joe Doring right it could be cool

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exactly like you said, get him a manger to do the talking, have him be a silent killer and release him on the X-division and run through that for awhile, dropping the belt in ultimate x then move him into a new tag team or give him a faction. I think putting him straight into a new team would be a mistake though, unless they're someone who'd go together really well with him it will just feel like a lame replacement. Regardless i hope he doesn't get wasted jobbing out or leaving as he is good in ring.
True we will se but i would rather seen him not waste time on X division
Impact needs to build Heavyweight division there is only Moose wich is kind a heavyweight and he has to wear fake title cuz there is no way to build up secondary belt or evene matchup for him
and with Doring maybe the Mack we impact have amazing heavyweight div.
We will see :)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
True we will se but i would rather seen him not waste time on X division
Impact needs to build Heavyweight division there is only Moose wich is kind a heavyweight and he has to wear fake title cuz there is no way to build up secondary belt or evene matchup for him
and with Doring maybe the Mack we impact have amazing heavyweight div.
We will see :)
I think if your gone put him in the heavyweight title scene then he needs to be built up a bit first, after all i don't remember him winning any single match's he had in impact since he mainly been a tag team player. Have his manger talk about how he now a focused weapon, to explain why he now eating people up in the ring with his skill then build up the opponents he beating until he's ready for a shot at the big belt.

Tbf to Impact heavyweight division it has heated up recently, with Omega chasing the belt, Moose ready to be pushed to the moon after his slow build over the last half year and if Sami wins at the weekend you got to think he''ll be looking for a title shot against Swann so they're no rush to instantly make Josh a heavyweight, it be kind of like they did with Sabin which didnt work out well. Instead do a Austin Aries, build him up and then when he ready strike with him.

TL/DR build him up like Aries, not Sabin

Reactions: Kowalski's Killer

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think if your gone put him in the heavyweight title scene then he needs to be built up a bit first, after all i don't remember him winning any single match's he had in impact since he mainly been a tag team player. Have his manger talk about how he now a focused weapon, to explain why he now eating people up in the ring with his skill then build up the opponents he beating until he's ready for a shot at the big belt.

Tbf to Impact heavyweight division it has heated up recently, with Omega chasing the belt, Moose ready to be pushed to the moon after his slow build over the last half year and if Sami wins at the weekend you got to think he''ll be looking for a title shot against Swann so they're no rush to instantly make Josh a heavyweight, it be kind of like they did with Sabin which didnt work out well. Instead do a Austin Aries, build him up and then when he ready strike with him.

TL/DR build him up like Aries, not Sabin
Absoloutly true but at the same time i dont want to waste X div stars to be meat for Josh

Thaths why i would love to pair him with heel manager and be use him like Sami he dont need title to be revalant same with Eddie it was long road for them but look their 2019-2020 its just amazing.
But true go trough X Div would be easier build up at the same time not to waste talents like TJP Bey n Austin
We will see anyway thanks for chatting this is my first discussion im really happy i fould some cool guys here ! :D

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Absoloutly true but at the same time i dont want to waste X div stars to be meat for Josh

Thaths why i would love to pair him with heel manager and be use him like Sami he dont need title to be revalant same with Eddie it was long road for them but look their 2019-2020 its just amazing.
But true go trough X Div would be easier build up at the same time not to waste talents like TJP Bey n Austin
We will see anyway thanks for chatting this is my first discussion im really happy i fould some cool guys here ! :D
Tha'ts a fair point, but i think with careful booking they could still build up some of the x division stars without burying them, long as they put on good match's lose to josh wouldn't hurt them, it didn't when Joe and Aries ran through the x-division. Hopefully the new talent that been on impact will help rebuild the Xdivision as it does need some love if its gone get anywhere near it's former glory days.

Also any time you want chat feel free to message dude, always up for chatting wrestling. Hopefully you stick around =)

Reactions: Kowalski's Killer

·
Registered
805 Posts
I really hope they push him as a singles star. I like the Shamrock mentor idea. Personally I would like to see him destroy everyone. It does not matter if they are part of a tag team, x-division, or heavy weight. No one is safe. But for some reason I got a feeling he and Meyers will end up as a tag team. Hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really hope they push him as a singles star. I like the Shamrock mentor idea. Personally I would like to see him destroy everyone. It does not matter if they are part of a tag team, x-division, or heavy weight. No one is safe. But for some reason I got a feeling he and Meyers will end up as a tag team. Hope I'm wrong.
Aaa u tottaly ruined my day :D
Ofc they gonna pu theese two togetger
I hope not but i didnt think about it that way
seems to me from the beginning they have no plan for Meyers.
And now when Josh is whitout partner they gonna merge theese two
Well nothing againts Meyers i liked him since his debut alongside Zack but i would love to see single beast run for Josh!

·
Registered
440 Posts
I dont know but I feel like without the ability to cut a promo hes gonna struggle big time.

He either needs to be in an enforcer type role for someone where he can be built slowly up or have a manager.

Who do Impact have that could manage him?

Josh Matthews
James Mitchell

I cant see either and nobody else comes to mind.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I dont know but I feel like without the ability to cut a promo hes gonna struggle big time.

He either needs to be in an enforcer type role for someone where he can be built slowly up or have a manager.

Who do Impact have that could manage him?

Josh Matthews
James Mitchell

I cant see either and nobody else comes to mind.
Unless he joins Eric Young's group and let EY do the talking for all those guys.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Unless he joins Eric Young's group and let EY do the talking for all those guys.
Wouldn't be a bad fit tbf, could see how he'd fit the looks and style with a few tweeks. Would also mean at least half the group hadn't been KO tag champs lmao

Reactions: BigCy

·
Registered
28,047 Posts
Don't watch Impact regularly but from what I've seen of Alexander I like. I hope he can get some sort of solid push.

Though I will ask this, how much longer is Alexander under contract? Because he's at his best with Ethan Page who's now gone. And if his contract is up sometime this year, wouldn't shock me to see them in AEW or NXT together at some point.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Don't watch Impact regularly but from what I've seen of Alexander I like. I hope he can get some sort of solid push.

Though I will ask this, how much longer is Alexander under contract? Because he's at his best with Ethan Page who's now gone. And if his contract is up sometime this year, wouldn't shock me to see them in AEW or NXT together at some point.
I think Josh Alexander could be a singles star with the right booking and maybe a slight character tweak and I like the idea to put him with Shamrock. If they don't want him singles then a new tag team with maybe Bryan Myers, EY or Doering if he joins that group, or put one of the newer up and comers with him. He has upside and they would be foolish to waste him doing nothing of note.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I do like the idea of Josh joining EYs Violent by Design group as its like a hybrid of NXTs Sanity and TNAs World Elite. Josh and Doering would be the muscle, EY the veteran and Deaner being the groups pinfall guy.

In the group, Josh would have opportunity to dominate any division as with Doering its a monster team, with EY you'd have 2 past tag champions whilst with Deaner it's the classic big man with smaller guy. With X division, mentioned before, he can have a Joe run and if they want to build him up straight away towards world title, give him EY as mouthpiece.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts