What do you think is next for AJ after losing
the tv title?

Is a face turn on the works?

I would love AJ feud with Jeff Hardy forctgw WHC

Thoughts

·
Registered
919 Posts
AJ Styles shouldn't turn face yet there's been too many turns in the past months.
They should save it for a good feud instead.

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
I could see AJ turning face, even though I think he sucks as being a top babyface in the company. He can't leave Fortune right now though, because then they would have only 3 members which wouldn't make them credible.

AJ as a heel is awesome, but maybe this will elevate him into the ME scene now that he has dropped the Legends....aka TV Title.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I reckon AJ will be kicked out of immortal.

Flair could always recruit someone else to take
AJ's spot.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The idea is to turn him face when the crowd loves him too much to be a heel, ala Mr Anderson. The cheers he's been getting so far don't count because he's never had proper heel heat and up until a couple of months ago he still played to the crowd like a face.
Plus, despite my own opinion of him, he is one of the true faces of TNA. His turn has to be a massive deal in itself, mixing it up with the Immortal angle would not be a good idea (see Austin/Alliance).

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
The thing about AJ is that he, as Cornette pointed out when he first turned heel and became Flair Jr, is the exact opposite of Ric in almost every way. When he said this I immediately began to think about how the story would develop, my thoughts ran along the lines of AJ using Flair to learn how to carry himself as a champion (which is similar to the way WWE billed the Flair/Triple H relationship) before his own personality began to gain hold once more, Styles eventually becoming the new Ricky Steamboat going up against the real Flair apprentice, whoever that might turn out to be.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Hopefully he doens't turn face, I think he is 100x better as a heel.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hopefully he doens't turn face, I think he is 100x better as a heel.
I like him as a heel too but I have a feeling that AJ will be turning face very soon.

Maybe immortal and fortune will feud and fortune maybe will turn face but to be honest I dont see that happening.

I could possibly see AJ vs Jeff Hardy for the title - that would be awesome.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Eventually we will see AJ Styles slowly turn face and then feud with Fortune and then most likely with Immortal if they are still going by then, as good a heel as AJ Styles has now become since his alliance with Ric Flair the reality is that he is the face of TNA and the company golden boy just as John Cena is for WWE although not the same kind of draw and that means that when AJ Styles does turn face there has to be a big storyline added to it and for the turn to occur on a major stage because it would be a waste otherwise.

I read that originally AJ Styles was going to turn face in a few months but because they had to turn Matt Morgan due to Jeff Hardy taking Mr Anderson with that real chair shot to the head they nixed the face turn for AJ Styles which in all honesty was good because it would have just been a rushed face turn and meaningless. It will happen eventually and we'll see AJ Styles feud with Frankie Kazarian first before a big PPV payoff match against Ric Flair which will then probably see AJ Styles go up against Immortal and then Jeff Hardy for the title should he still be champion.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
He should stay heel in 2011, that's for sure. I would like to see him in another feud with Pope, but before that I would like to see AJ/Doug rematch.

·
Tiger Driver '91
2,643 Posts
Fortune could easily all turn face. They are so over with the IZ, well everybody but Kaz. All of Flair, AJ, Roode, and Storm are loved by the crowd. They cheer their every move, it's really weird considering they are heels. Face turns for them to battle Immortal would be almost seamless transition.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts