·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering what this forums thoughts were

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
It's hard to say whats the best TV match ever, but I can tell you at least 2 of the best I've seen myself at the time that they happened. Both of them were Owen Hart vs. The British Bulldog, and both were on RAW. The first one is a qualifying match for the '95 KOTR in which went to a time limit draw(I can't find this match). The second is of course the finals of the European Title Tournament.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I don't know that it was the best TV match from a wrestling standpoint but the TLC on Raw where Kane defended the Tag titles by himself was probably the one I enjoyed the most. Wrestling-wise, I would have to say that any match featuring Benoit and Angle has to be pretty high on the list.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Benoit/Jericho vs. Triple H/Austin for the Tag Team Titles on RAW in 2001 was certainly a memorable match.

TLC 3 on SmackDown! in 2001 was EPIC.

They're the two that stand out to me.

·
He's from Winnipeg you idiots!
433 Posts
Owen Hart vs Davey Boy Smith in the European championship finals is one that sticks out. There have been so many good tv matches that it's hard to pick and so many that it is hard to remember some.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle 60 Minute Iron Man Match Sept 18 2003
John Cena vs Shawn Michaels April 23 2007. Match went 40 mins

·
Registered
97 Posts
I enjoyed Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair from WWF Primetime back in the day. I saw that when i was like 7 and realized that Michaels was my favorite wrestler. He lost by countout i believe.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
I'll mention a few:

-Shawn Michaels vs. Davey Boy Smith in early March of 1995, I believe, in the weeks leading to Wrestlemania XI. Just a very well-realized match from both men.

-Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Kurt Angle, January 8, 2001 from San Jose. I was there and it's a highly underrated, almost forgotten classic. Angle suplexes Austin nearly to death.

-Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H vs. Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho, May 21, 2001 from San Jose. Was there again. Completely blown away.

-Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena, April 2007 from London

-Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger, September 17, 2010 Smackdown; just watched it again and still think it's marvelous

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I'll mention a few:

-Shawn Michaels vs. Davey Boy Smith in early March of 1995, I believe, in the weeks leading to Wrestlemania XI. Just a very well-realized match from both men.-Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Kurt Angle, January 8, 2001 from San Jose. I was there and it's a highly underrated, almost forgotten classic. Angle suplexes Austin nearly to death.

-Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H vs. Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho, May 21, 2001 from San Jose. Was there again. Completely blown away.

-Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena, April 2007 from London

-Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger, September 17, 2010 Smackdown; just watched it again and still think it's marvelous

This match crossed my mind when I first posted. I remember it like yesterday, the same night that HBK brought Sid in as his Bodyguard.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
This match crossed my mind when I first posted. I remember it like yesterday, the same night that HBK brought Sid in as his Bodyguard.
Yep, it was a great match. Very memorable, in part for the reason you mention.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Jeff Hardy Vs. Rey Mysterio Vs. Chris Jericho Vs. Kane (Fatal Four Way match) on Smackdown.

Fantastic TV match.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I very much liked RVD vs Eddie Guerrero ladder match. That was an insane bout. They both gave it their all (as usual with these two)

ALso worth mentioning is the Angle vs Benoit cage match.

And idd Power trip vs Jericho en Benoit !

I also remember me enjoying an extremely good fatal four way Edge vs Rhyno vs Benoit vs Jericho dating from 2001 on smackdown.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
In no particular order

Austin and Triple H vs. Jericho and Benoit
Jeff Hardy vs. The Undertaker - Ladder Match
Michaels vs. Cena
four Corner TLC match on Smackdown - Jericho and Benoit v.s Dudleys vs. Hardys vs. EC
Angle vs. Lesnar - Ironman
Punk vs. Morrison - ECW - 15 minutes of fame

There are probably more but I don't remember them.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Kinda surprised nobody has yet mentioned Shawn Michaels vs Shelton Benjamin Gold Rush Tournament. Just one of those Matches that i will remember forever as Eddie vs RVD Ladder and Angle vs Lesnar Ironman.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Kinda surprised nobody has yet mentioned Shawn Michaels vs Shelton Benjamin Gold Rush Tournament. Just one of those Matches that i will remember forever as Eddie vs RVD Ladder and Angle vs Lesnar Ironman.
I went post for post because I didn't want to mention this match, then got to the last one and it's there haha, agree with that one.

Foley winning the title wasn't a great wrestling match, but it was terrific television.

I remember being very impressed by a Kane and Kurt Angle match some years ago.

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
I think my all time favorite was Shawn Michaels Vs. Triple H at the tail end of 2003. Hell of a match.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts