Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im totally lost on what most of you think is good blending? i thought it was slowly fading into the background, but most of you say thats bad blending, and the stuff you say is good just looks like cuts on top of one another, so could someone explain this to me a little better?

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
This doesn't look like the graphics section to me... Moved.

To put it short and simply, blending is when you incorporate images or text into the banner to make an all-over good look. Look at your banner you have right now. See the skanks in it? They're blended in the banner so they look natural and decent. However, the font/text does not blend well. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

Blending doesn't necessarily mean just fading an image into a background. Blending is just incorporating stuff into a graphic, and making it nice and smooth looking. I can't explain it any more simply. :)

I'm sure the "GFX Pro's" will have a different view on blending, but that's the way I see it. Yeah.

Edit: Oh, Lee beat me to it. Hot.

·
Section.80 Baby
3,207 Posts
^ Nicely put.

Just mess around with the Modes (i.e OverLay, Screen, Soft Light ect) When you have your BG and you place a pic over it, if its a good enough BG it will blend nicely. I use "Screen" for my blendings. The wrong thing to do is trying to blend with Opacity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts