Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously, the feud between Zayn and Owens will probably be prolonged as long as it can be, perhaps into the summer, not to say there isn't good reason to. It's gold after all. Milk that thing for everything it's worth, I say.

However, Finn Balor is the number one contender and pretty much has a rocket strapped to his back at this point, according to the previous episode of NXT, it appears there is a special at the end of March where he will face Owens....

My question is.....what happens here?? He has to lose and look strong simultaneously, right?? He is not going to win the title without the Zayn vs Owens program for the title being realized in it's totality.

Do you think Rhyno will interfere and he will be in a feud the "Man Beast"......Man Beast vs Demon King?? Do you guys think that would be a good feud??

Will he have to fight with the undefeated, super boring, Baron Corben??

Will he be called up to the main roster?? He is a bit older then a lot of the other talents after all, and it's not that 33 is old by any means, but for a professional wrestler, it's basically the beginning of the end of your prime.

Will he get buried? Abducted by aliens? Be repackaged into a pixie leprechaun??

Tell me guys, what is going to happen!!!

·
There are three guarantees in life... DEATH, TAXES
188 Posts
Adrian Nevile

Finn Balor
NXT Tour line up for wwe in ireland, unless it has nothing to do with the Nxt storyline and is just to showcase nxt off. there is a possibility for Nevile to get involved

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NXT Tour line up for wwe in ireland, unless it has nothing to do with the Nxt storyline and is just to showcase nxt off. there is a possibility for Nevile to get involved
Is that really going to be feud though, or are those just matches that they are going to work for house shows. I am not sure how that stuff works.

I am not sure if I like heel Neville, but I do like them two in a match. I approve!!

·
There are three guarantees in life... DEATH, TAXES
188 Posts
Is that really going to be feud though, or are those just matches that they are going to work for house shows. I am not sure how that stuff works.

I am not sure if I like heel Neville, but I do like them two in a match. I approve!!
See thats what i was thinking. However Zayen and Owens are freatured on the other card for a wwe event that is on on the same night,so that is my reason to believe that it could be a possible fued

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,665 Posts
He's going to join Cirque du Soleil where he can pursue his true passion: interpretive dance. Seriously, am I the only one who finds his entrance corny?

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Not saying this will happen but, Zayn vs. Owens doesn't need the title. I'm not sure if Zayn being a 2-time developmental champion works at all... Balor may actually win the belt.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I think he'll put on a hell of a match with Owens with both men being pushed to the limit but he'll ultimately lose. This sets up Zayn vs. Owens with Owens being the undefeated monster.

·
Banned
4,498 Posts
Losing to Owens doesn't necessarily make you look weak. He is the NXT champ and fastest rising star in NXT history. I wouldn't worry about it. I think Sami Zayn and Owens are getting called up very soon so they can resume their feud there. I think a feud of such high quality and great matches like that belongs on the main roster anyways.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
As good as a feud as this inevitably will be why give Zayn a run with the belt for a couple of months to run with Owens vs Balor?

They should have milked the titties dry of that feud first before moving on imo.

Owens and/or Balor will be fast-tracked to the main roster.

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
I see one of these three scenario's happening.

1.May Takeover is a continuation of Zayn/Owens whilst Balor takes on Rhyno (it's the only other big match they could do with Balor that doesn't involve the title as he's already faced Itami and Neville already.)

2. Triple threat with Owens/Zayn/Balor for the title, while Itami takes on Rhyno.

3. Zayn/Owens continues, Itami/Rhyno, whilst May Takeover is sort of a stop-gap for Balor and they put him in a match with Tyler Breeze, It's not a huge match but it'd be an entertaining one for sure. Then Balor can go on to do something more important for the September Takeover.

Personally I think the triple threat is the best idea, establishes Balor as a main event guy while also prolonging the Zayn/Owens feud (I could see them being able to stretch that feud out until the September PPV in a stipulation match like a steel cage or last man standing match.) This way you also get to keep Itami in the mix in a big match, (plus how awesome would itami/rhyno be?!)

I think the more likely one though is zayn/owens and Balor/Rhyno, Balor and Rhyno had that little staredown a few weeks ago which must be leading to something. And I see Itami being less of a commodity at this moment in time. He'll probably work his way back up to a more prominent member of the roster after Zayn or Balor leave...unless they wanna turn Itami heel?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I really think people aren't seeing the point of NXT. NXT is supposed to be developmental. It's supposed to develop guys untill they're ready to go to the main roster. Now, Zayn has proven that so he should be called up. No need for him to stick around in NXT any longer. Give the main event to a guy that hasn't had it, in Balor. Now we all know Balor is going to ace it, and when he does that repeatedly (like Zayn) he too should be called up.

NXT doesn't need to be a good product, NXT needs to develop guys that can make the main roster shows and PPV's a good product.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Obviously, the feud between Zayn and Owens will probably be prolonged as long as it can be, perhaps into the summer, not to say there isn't good reason to. It's gold after all. Milk that thing for everything it's worth, I say.

However, Finn Balor is the number one contender and pretty much has a rocket strapped to his back at this point, according to the previous episode of NXT, it appears there is a special at the end of March where he will face Owens....

My question is.....what happens here?? He has to lose and look strong simultaneously, right?? He is not going to win the title without the Zayn vs Owens program for the title being realized in it's totality.

Do you think Rhyno will interfere and he will be in a feud the "Man Beast"......Man Beast vs Demon King?? Do you guys think that would be a good feud??

Will he have to fight with the undefeated, super boring, Baron Corben??

Will he be called up to the main roster?? He is a bit older then a lot of the other talents after all, and it's not that 33 is old by any means, but for a professional wrestler, it's basically the beginning of the end of your prime.

Will he get buried? Abducted by aliens? Be repackaged into a pixie leprechaun??

Tell me guys, what is going to happen!!!

If you REALLY want to know read our BLOG!

warning

WARNING

WARNING

SPOILERS

READ EPISODE 4 AT YOUR OWN RISK!
http://masonsringsideview.blogspot.com/2015/02/nxt-full-sail-tv-taping-2-18-15.html

but really read at your own risk!

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
I really think people aren't seeing the point of NXT. NXT is supposed to be developmental. It's supposed to develop guys untill they're ready to go to the main roster. Now, Zayn has proven that so he should be called up. No need for him to stick around in NXT any longer. Give the main event to a guy that hasn't had it, in Balor. Now we all know Balor is going to ace it, and when he does that repeatedly (like Zayn) he too should be called up.

NXT doesn't need to be a good product, NXT needs to develop guys that can make the main roster shows and PPV's a good product.
I'd say that it's going beyond just developmental, it's a show that caters to hardcore wrestling fans. It's obvious that HHH knows his audience and aside from the PPV's for cheap, NXT is the show that sells the network to those hardcore audiences.

And as for 'it doesn't need to be good'. I think that's the thing it needs to be first and foremost. If the talent can't make a developmental show good and entertaining, then how the hell can they be expected to make the main roster entertaining?

Plus, with Vince fucking up most of the call-ups so far, you have to feel like HHH is protective of 'his guys' and wants to give them the showcase and chance to have the epic feuds and matches that they deserve to have. I sincerly doubt we're going to have matches like zayn/owens or balor/itami like we had on NXT this year so far.
So it could be a case of Vince saying "let's bring up that zayn kid" and HHH saying "okay, lets' just have an extra month so he can finish this feud" or "put ____ over at Takeover"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts