Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
I'm going to Disneyland!
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been a lot of John Morrison threads lately about who likes him and who hates him and rate him/10 and lots of other pointless ones.
I'll start off by saying that I like his wrestling ability + style and should be given more mic time to prove himself. Personally, I like him as a face - but one who actually wins.

But this thread is about JoMo's recent allignment changes.
First of all, he is in MNM as a very strong tag team, and also as WWECW Champion. Heel
Then, he is the "prince of parkour" who was made into a glorified spot monkey. Face
Then he gets sprayed by CM Punk and becomes "angry JoMo" and looks more dark and twisted. Going places. In Elimination Chamber. Tweener
Around 2 weeks later this whole feud has been dropped and he is back to "lovable" prince of parkour and is in an intergender tag match with Snooki at WM. Face

Not only am I angered by Creative's allignment changes of JoMo, but I think they have lost direction with him which would be a massive waste of talent. Discuss.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
im not a fan tbh the only thing he does great is a few flips its really the only reason anyone notices him .

·
Registered
197 Posts
To me, the only thing holding Morrison back are his mic skills. His voice and delivery is anticharismatic. It's a shame too.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Morrison is in the same boat as Kofi. They're both extremely athletic talents who the WWE just wont get behind to push them to the next level.

Oh, and they're both over as fuck too.

I know nothing of the business, but to me if someone is over enough you push them. Why the WWE hasn't pulled the trigger on Jomo or Kofi is baffling to me.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
High five! I don't understand why everyone overrates the spot monkeys wrestling ability
The guy is more than just a spot monkey. He has good matches almost every week (not counting this weeks horrible intergender tag). A far greater in-ring worker than Miz. Unfortunately that seems to have very little influence in WWE these days. They just want people who can talk on the mic and they will push them to the moon.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
LOL at the thought of Morrison being a tweener. People are so desperate to try and make the wrestlers they like seem 'cool' in their own heads.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
jomo does always seem to have above average matches,,,but his lack of mic skills is really holding him back IMO..

i don't think the miz is all that great in the ring,,i prefer watching jomo,,but what he does have is good mic skills and is good at talking...morrison might not ever get past the upper mid-card without being able to be at least average on the mic.

a wrestler who is just o.k in the ring and is a good talker will always get further than a guy who is good in the ring but has really poor mic skills.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
High five! I don't understand why everyone overrates the spot monkeys wrestling ability
me neither but IWC nerds think that just because they can do flips that makes them a better Wrestler like to see how JoMo would fair if he couldnt do any of his spots and the truth is no one would give a crap about the guy .

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Don't think Morrison is terrible on the mic. He is average, just a touch below someone like Orton. If he can improve a bit more in that area, he should be fine being a talent like Jericho (gets the occasional title reign but is mostly used to put people over).

·
FEED ME LESS!
3,834 Posts
me neither but IWC nerds think that just because they can do flips that makes them a better Wrestler like to see how JoMo would fair if he couldnt do any of his spots and the truth is no one would give a crap about the guy .
your calling us nerds? when all you mark for is the miz and anything thats hadto do with wade barret? I mean come on, zeke? lets be serious.

Jomo isnt a god send by any means the IWC does indeed overate him, but they also underate him as well. He does put on very good matches, his mic skills however are not so hott.

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
The guy is more than just a spot monkey. He has good matches almost every week (not counting this weeks horrible intergender tag). A far greater in-ring worker than Miz. Unfortunately that seems to have very little influence in WWE these days. They just want people who can talk on the mic and they will push them to the moon.
I wouldn't even say he is 'much greater' in ring worker than Miz, though he is better.

Miz on the mic >>>>>>>>>> morrison in the ring

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
your calling us nerds? when all you mark for is the miz and anything thats hadto do with wade barret? I mean come on, zeke? lets be serious.

Jomo isnt a god send by any means the IWC does indeed overate him, but they also underate him as well. He does put on very good matches, his mic skills however are not so hott.
i acknowledge Superstars that impress me i dont hate JoMo i just think he is overrated by lot of people in the IWC which he is he gets by by doing flips and Parkor that went out of style nearly a decade ago.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
JoMO <3
Pay him a couple of acting classes or drama classes or whatever...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
If The Miz couldn't talk no one would give a crap about him either, but this is also not a good argument because both people have their respected talent. If you take their specialties away and say that they are not good, that means that with their talents they are good. So, technically speaking, you just called Morrison good.

Reactions: kiss the stick

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
If The Miz couldn't talk no one would give a crap about him either, but this is also not a good argument because both people have their respected talent. If you take their specialties away and say that they are not good, that means that with their talents they are good. So, technically speaking, you just called Morrison good.
nope Miz get by by have great mic skills and having solid matches JoMo lacks mic skills and his matches rely heavly on high risk spots .

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.