Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
#OVER
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd love for someone to explain to me what the fuck Dolph Ziggler has done wrong to deserve the treatment he's receiving. At the start of the year it looked like they were grooming him for the main-event, with a title match at the Rumble and several big matches on RAW with the likes of Punk, Orton and Cena. He's performed brilliantly whenever given a chance and has improved drastically on the mic to the point that he's now one of the better talkers on the RAW roster.

Yet ever since the Road To WrestleMania began he's become a complete afterthought, despite the fact he's at the peak of his abilities. He was in a lame multi-man match at Mania and ever since then his only TV appearances have been jobbing like a GEEK to Brodus. You'd have to be blind to not see how fucking talented this guy is and yet they seem to have gone off him again, through no fault of his own.

Last night was the fucking lowpoint as well. A Beat-The-Clock challenge included Khali, Lawler, Santino and Swagger but not Dolph? Bullshit.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Isn't Dolph dating one of the Bella's? If so he could be suffering from what JoMo and Miz have been through (girlfriend leaves then your forced to job) if this isn't true then I'm not sure what's going on with Ziggles I just hope he picks his momentum up again in the next few months as it back in the title picture soon

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
He had a WWE championship feud this year in which he beat the WWE champion CM Punk 4 times in a row.
Hes ok and doing fine, its just not his time at the moment, but with all the feuds ended and the new ones expected to be announced next week I think we could see him face of against one of the following Chris Jericho, Sheamus, Randy Orton, Christian, The Miz, Alberto Del Rio or Kane.

Although I think his first feud should be against Swagger in which he goes over and on to one of the above mentioned guys, free from Vickie and Swagger.

Vickie goes on to manage some other new up and comers

·
#OVER
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He sells too well.
I did think about this. He's a victim of his own ability to make others look good. I mean, whenever Dolph is given more than 3 minutes to wrestle you can be sure by the end of the match (if he's losing to the babyface) that the crowd will be loud, get into the nearfalls and go nuts for the finish. He's too good at selling and I fear they'd rather use him to put over talentless goofs like Brodus.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
His problem is that he's so damn good in ring so he can make a lesser opponent look like gold. That's why he gets to job against Brodus recently. Just compare a Brodus vs random jobber match and Brodus vs Dolph, in one he looks sloppy and in other he looks like a mean dance machine.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
He's still young. His time will come.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Ziggler just needs mic time and a promo to show what he can do, rather than pointless and irregular feuds against jobbers or brodus clay.

WWE needs to let him free for jack and vickie, give him a feud with someone like Jericho or even Orton and watch him shine.
He just needs a story line.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Isn't Dolph dating one of the Bella's? If so he could be suffering from what JoMo and Miz have been through (girlfriend leaves then your forced to job) if this isn't true then I'm not sure what's going on with Ziggles I just hope he picks his momentum up again in the next few months as it back in the title picture soon
D-Bry is currently dating a Bella twin, and he's competing for the company's top title. I think the Bella twins left amicably, so I think Dolphin should be straight. It's just that creative has nothing for him at the moment, but I think he'll get his due by MITB.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i gotta agree theres nothing wrong with Dolph, they just dont have enough spots or a storyline to put him in in the upper midcard right now. Hopefully he will be fueding with someone by the summer for the US or IC title, cus as long as Lesnar is around he won't be back in the main event for a while.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I don't know but it is as if WWE only trust Dolph Ziggler as a main event filler feud who can have a great match with the WWE/World champion on the way into a major PPV as seen with his feuds with Edge and CM Punk in the lead up to WrestleMania and his mini feuds with John Cena and Randy Orton spread out over Raw and SmackDown. The main problem right now though is WWE pushing monster heels again like Brock Lesnar, Albert/Tensai and Mark Henry instead of great wrestling heels like Dolph Ziggler and because of how lopsided the face/heel ratio is when it comes to the main event this isn't likely to stop anytime soon.

As seen at the start of the year and the start of the previous year Dolph Ziggler can more than hold his own in the ring against the top guys and when given a chance is a decent enough mic worker but what he needs it a feud to help make him. Even the biggest stars ever needed it like The Rock, Triple H, Randy Orton and Edge all had with Mick Foley whilst Stone Cold Steve Austin had it with Bret Hart and then Shawn Michaels whilst over in NWA/WCW we saw Ric Flair have Harley Race and Dusty Rhodes before Sting had Ric Flair.

What Dolph Ziggler needs is something similar and this is why WWE should have gone with Foley/Ziggler after teasing it because simply put Mick Foley is the single greatest talent enhancing wrestler of all time and even at this stage of his career could do wonders for someone like Dolph Ziggler or Cody Rhodes. It has come to the point where Dolph Ziggler is too good for the US/Intercontinental title scene and comes across as too dominant yet doesn't seem yet believable in beating the likes of John Cena, CM Punk, Randy Orton or Triple H so maybe a winning feud against Rey Mysterio and then someone like The Big Show would elevate him enough to be believable in beatint the top guys.

·
Its Yer'sel
6,148 Posts
I think its a bit of both, the fact that most of the major players are tied up with each other, and he can sell with pretty much anyone you put him in with giving the new guys a good foil. I would expect him to get into tangles with all the new guys coming in, once they find their character bases, and the E has an idea of who's going where.

Saying that, if Punk/Bryan, Sheamus/ADR is the angle we're going, with Jericho supposedly off on tour, Orton is free. so is Cody. There's a triple threat match for the IC right there.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Ziggler is quickly becoming the next Christian in that WWE refuses to push him above a certain position. His booking defies logic and WWE only views him as a midcard jobber heel.

·
The Power Of Three Will Set You Free
4,022 Posts
He gets a match on a PPV, I dont see anything wrong with him. Sure he lost but at least he is on PPV. Miz could not get on PPV.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Move him to Smackdown and put him in a feud with Orton.

Dont buy this thing about WWE having nothing for him to do so they are jobbing him out and ignoring him.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts