Wrestling Forum banner

What is exactly so special about Chris Masters around here?

2034 Views 24 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  The+King_of_Kings
I’ve witness a lot of love around here for Chris Masters recently and some even say he should be pushed towards the World Championship scene. I get that he improved in the ring a little since returning but other then that fact-he still an ordinary generic big man with absolutely no charisma that can easily be replaced tomorrow with the snap of Vince fingers.

So I’m trying to figure out from his fans what is exactly making him worthy to even hold the Intercontinental title instead of just staying on Superstars and put guys over? cause I'm having a hard time figuring what most of you see in him that will make him stand out to be a contender for championship gold.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· FEED ME LESS!
3,867 Posts
the thing to me with masters is he kind of seems like the "super hero to take down all heel's" Kind of like when he was messing around with rhodes and the chair and what not. I could see him progressing into a face that beats down the smaller heels of the company.

· Registered
224 Posts
I like him as a mid carder. Reminds a bit of Batista, just in the way they look, and both made improvements in most areas with time (Chris Masters is not a franchise talent like Batista though don't get me wrong). He should turn heel, and give him the IC title for a bit .. not everyone who's a mid carder has to get the title to push them into the main event.

· Banned
1,143 Posts
Well simply because he's put in effort to improve his in-ring work, I think he should be rewarded with a small push to the IC Title.
I literally don't see any improvement in his ring work. Just because he got carried through a great match by Dolph Ziggler on NXT doesn't mean his in ring work improved. As far as I'm concerned, I find his matches in 2005 to be more entertaining than the matches he's having now a days.

· Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
13,078 Posts
He's worked his ass off and become a solid in-ring performer (top 10 or 15 in the company, if you ask me), and is getting the crowd to care about his matches without having much of a character or saying anything at all.

That's an enviable position to be in. He's already got a solid foundation that some main eventers (Miz included) have never had the privilege of having. If he actually gets pushed, he can easily take off.

· Registered
919 Posts
Maybe it's just me but I think Masters does have some charisma. He's also been putting on some solid in ring performances lately and has always had a good look. I don't believe he is ready to be pushed to the main event, but the guy deserves to be put in the midcard.

· I like me
425 Posts
He's improved a lot in the ring - I think a lot of it is to do with giving credit where it is due because he wasn't great when he first arrived.

In terms of Charisma and mic skills, he doesn't really get any time to say anything meaningful or non generic so it is hard to judge him. Part of being interesting is to be booked into something interesting, and as he isn't, it is hard to care about anything he says when he does say stuff. His heel gimmick back in the mid 2000's was different but I don't think he stood out in an amazing way.

· Premium Member
651 Posts
Maybe it's just me but I think Masters does have some charisma. He's also been putting on some solid in ring performances lately and has always had a good look. I don't believe he is ready to be pushed to the main event, but the guy deserves to be put in the midcard.
this..

dont be a blind hater..and fuck mvp

· Crazier than Santorum and Bachmann's love child
9,503 Posts
I would assume its because there are lot of homos who like to stare at his toned, muscular body on this forum. It certainly can't be because of anything he does in the ring or on the mic.

· Registered
5,163 Posts
I literally don't see any improvement in his ring work. Just because he got carried through a great match by Dolph Ziggler on NXT doesn't mean his in ring work improved. As far as I'm concerned, I find his matches in 2005 to be more entertaining than the matches he's having now a days.
They never had a single match against each other on NXT....

Back on topic, i actually like Chris Masters, i'm not big on him but he's good. He's quite "generic", but if WWE actually cares about giving him some sort of gimmick maybe he will stand out more.

It's all about making the most out of what you're given, Masters got his old music taken away from him and then being reduced to a lowcarder status, some people maybe like Carlito would probably get lazy and not giving a damn anymore if you get majorly depushed like that, but Chris Masters is different, he has worked hard to improve the area that he gets criticized the most which is his in-ring work, now he can definitely can work a good match, he can sell well, and he actually tells a good story in the ring, it seems like he's really fighting his opponent instead of just simply hitting move after move, his series of matches with Tyler Reks are quite underrated to be honest, there is good psychology throughout their matches. He's similar to Kofi Kingston in terms of making the audience sympathize for him, he's very good at getting the fans emotionally invested in his matches. Despite the lack of opportunity given by WWE (not getting promo time/storyline, etc) he succeeds making the most out of the opportunity he's given and totally surpasses the expectation from a lot of people by having consistent more than stellar performance on Superstars, that's why i think he deserves to get promoted to IC title level. He's still not WHC-worthy, but as long as he keeps working his ass off and gets more opportunity to prove himself i'm not gonna be surprised if he will get there someday despite his violations. Don't forget that he's still 28.

· FEED ME LESS!
3,867 Posts
I would assume its because there are lot of homos who like to stare at his toned, muscular body on this forum. It certainly can't be because of anything he does in the ring or on the mic.

say goodbye to your credability.

His ring work has indeed improved to me, its very easy to tell that he will eventually get pissed to a mid card maybe even a jobber.

· Premium Member
651 Posts
They never had a single match against each other on NXT....

Back on topic, i actually like Chris Masters, i'm not big on him but he's good. He's quite "generic", but if WWE actually cares about giving him some sort of gimmick maybe he will stand out more.

It's all about making the most out of what you're given, Masters got his old music taken away from him and then being reduced to a lowcarder status, some people maybe like Carlito would probably get lazy and not giving a damn anymore if you get majorly depushed like that, but Chris Masters is different, he has worked hard to improve the area that he gets criticized the most which is his in-ring work, now he can definitely can work a good match, he can sell well, and he actually tells a good story in the ring, it seems like he's really fighting his opponent instead of just simply hitting move after move, his series of matches with Tyler Reks are quite underrated to be honest, there is good psychology throughout their matches. He's similar to Kofi Kingston in terms of making the audience sympathize for him, he's very good at getting the fans emotionally invested in his matches. Despite the lack of opportunity given by WWE (not getting promo time/storyline, etc) he succeeds making the most out of the opportunity he's given and totally surpasses the expectation from a lot of people by having consistent more than stellar performance on Superstars, that's why i think he deserves to get promoted to IC title level. He's still not WHC-worthy, but as long as he keeps working his ass off and gets more opportunity to prove himself i'm not gonna be surprised if he will get there someday despite his violations. Don't forget that he's still 28.
also this..

· My name is 905 and I've just become alive
5,145 Posts
Many enjoy his ring work recently. I am lukewarm about his ring work, and I don't think his character is interesting (does he even have a character?). Maybe he's one of those guys that people started citing as underrated so frequently that he became overrated.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.