Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious, how does everyone feel about CM Punk now that he has abruptly left the WWE and no longer ackowledges his wrestling fans that helped make him as rich as he is today?

I never followed CM Punk's career. I started watching again in 2010 after a 5-year break from wrestling. All of a sudden, this CM Punk guy is a main event playa'. My first two thoughts were: 1) good worker, 2) stupid name.

He got my attention during the Summer of Punk 2011. I was diggin' him then as this was the first interesting storyline in WWE since the Attitude Era (in my opinion.) Once that died off, he didn't really do anything too exciting, (again, in my opinion.)

So my question to all of you is... has this turn of events caused your opinion of CM Punk to sour? When Austin took his ball and went home, Twitter, Facebook and other outlets did not exist. He didn't have the ability to send out a simple tweet thanking all of his fans for their support. Something that would be so easy for Punk to do, just to say good-bye, especially since he vows to never wrestle again. I don't remember disliking Austin or feeling as if Austin took a giant shit on me when he left.

I know there are a lot of IWC members who have followed Punk since his indy days and stuck by him and cheered for him when he was getting nowhere in the WWE. These fans really helped elevate him and get certain people to have a second look at him. Not to take credit away from his abilities but the fans were huge in supporting him and it kinda seems like he doesn't give a shit about that.

So what is your honest opinion of CM Punk now?

·
You Spoony Bard
9,920 Posts
I'd like for him to return, but I don't think that will happen any time soon, maybe not ever. I'm glad he's healthy, happy, and I enjoy watching him as a media personality, listening to him on podcasts, etc. So I do get my Punk fix even without wrestling. That's all, really. I don't have anything bad to say, and I'm not clinging to any hope.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Passionate about wrestling, so much so that it disgust him to work for something he thinks is turning utterly corny and non-beneficial for his peers who work their asses off.

but thats just my guess i could be wrong lol

·
Registered
810 Posts
He can still fuck off, never missed him.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Been a fan of his since (well before actually) he started in the WWE. Still a fan of his now. I am not going to chant his name at events or bitch saying the WWE screwd him or w/e and if he ever does return I will be glad to see it.

He did what he felt was best for himself, and I have no issues with what he did, he is the one who has to deal with the consequences (if there even will be any)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
As far as I'm concerned... If CM Punk comes back, he is more than welcome. If he chooses to remain retired, then I simply thank him for all he's given us.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Passionate about wrestling, so much so that it disgust him to work for something he thinks is turning utterly corny and non-beneficial for his peers who work their asses off.

but thats just my guess i could be wrong lol
That's acutually why he left and his injuries yet people keep calling him a quitter.

My opinion on why he left was that he made the right choice, this company sucks and they don't put the right guys over so I don't blame him.

·
Banned
4,704 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Utter indifference

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Hypocrite .

( a neg rep is coming )

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
I hope he never comes back solely so I can laugh my ass off.

And he looks like a Jake Gyllenhaal impersonator these days.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm curious, how does everyone feel about CM Punk now that he has abruptly left the WWE and no longer ackowledges his wrestling fans that helped make him as rich as he is today?

I never followed CM Punk's career. I started watching again in 2010 after a 5-year break from wrestling. All of a sudden, this CM Punk guy is a main event playa'. My first two thoughts were: 1) good worker, 2) stupid name.

He got my attention during the Summer of Punk 2011. I was diggin' him then as this was the first interesting storyline in WWE since the Attitude Era (in my opinion.) Once that died off, he didn't really do anything too exciting, (again, in my opinion.)

So my question to all of you is... has this turn of events caused your opinion of CM Punk to sour? When Austin took his ball and went home, Twitter, Facebook and other outlets did not exist. He didn't have the ability to send out a simple tweet thanking all of his fans for their support. Something that would be so easy for Punk to do, just to say good-bye, especially since he vows to never wrestle again. I don't remember disliking Austin or feeling as if Austin took a giant shit on me when he left.

I know there are a lot of IWC members who have followed Punk since his indy days and stuck by him and cheered for him when he was getting nowhere in the WWE. These fans really helped elevate him and get certain people to have a second look at him. Not to take credit away from his abilities but the fans were huge in supporting him and it kinda seems like he doesn't give a shit about that.

So what is your honest opinion of CM Punk now?
https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/489192979916001280

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
He got tired of all the BS and left. If he didn't abruptly leave and fulfilled his contact, then he probably would have been jobbed out to the roster.

One day, he'll explain his side. I'm just not yearning for closure.

·
Registered
438 Posts
One of my all time favorite wrestlers. I would love to see the Punker back, but he's happy and healthy now, so he doesn't really have any reason to return.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.