Wrestling Forum banner

What is everyones fav match from 2000-2011

2343 25
What is everyones fav match from 2000-2011

Mine has to be either

Hell in a Cell Armageddon.

Or one of the many Triple threat TLC matches between Edge and Christian , Dudley Boyz and Jeff and Matt Hardy
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Banned
2,204 Posts
either :confused:

Daniel Bryan vs Kaval vs Suicide :D

or

Show Miz vs Morr Truth, WM26

· Registered
268 Posts
There are a lot of good matches that happened within this 11 year time period. Here are a few that are my personal fav and they're not in any particular order.

Chris Jericho vs Chris Benoit vs Kurt Angle for the Intercontinental and European Championships - WrestleMania 2000

CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio - WrestleMania XXVI

Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho - WrestleMania XIX

Chris Jericho vs Evan Bourne - Fatal 4 Way

Eddie Guererro vs Brock Lesnar - No Way out 2004 - for the WWE Championship

Eddie Guerrero vs Kurt Angle - WrestleMania XX - for the WWE Championship

The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels - WrestleMania XXV

The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels II - WrestleMania XXVI

There are many many more these are just a few.

· Registered
2,352 Posts
1. The Rock vs Hollywood Hulk Hogan(Wrestlemania X8)-The match technically wasn't great, but I am a sucker for electric crowds.

2. Triple H vs Cactus Jack(No Way Out 2000)-Greatest Hell in the Cell I have ever seen.

3. Stone Cold vs The Rock(Wrestlemania 17)-Just a great all-around match.

4. Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker(Wrestlemania 25)-Both should off hanged them up after that classic match.

5. Triple H vs Chris Benoit Vs Shawn Michaels(Wrestlemania 20)-Greatest Wrestlemania main event of all-time

6. The Rock vs Chris Jericho(No Mercy 2001)-I just love this match, and it was a GREAT feud.

7. Edge and Christian vs The Dudley Boyz vs The Hardy Boyz(Wrestlemania 17)-I can watch this match over and over again, and never get bored with it.

8. Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle(Wrestlemania 21)-Fresh match up between to of the best in-ring performers to ever laced them up.

9-Triple H vs Stone Cold(No Way Out 2001)-Great ending to a fantastic feud, and the right guy went over.

10-The Rock vs Triple H (Backlash 2000)-Stone Cold returns, Rock wins the strap nothing else needs to be said.

· Registered
534 Posts
Cant decide just one.. Anyone want to pick from the following? :D

Shane Mcmahon vs Big Show - Judgment Day 2000

Shane Mcmahon vs Steve Blackman - Summerslam 2000

The 2000 King of the Ring tournament (yeah the whole thing except for Bull Buchanan)

Pat Patterson vs Gerald Brisco - Hardcore title, Evening Gown match - KOTR 2000

The Rock/Kane/Taker vs Vince/Shane/Triple H for WWE Title - KOTR 2000

Undertaker vs Kane - Summerslam 2000 (first time Kane's mask was pulled off)

Many of the Submission matches Jericho had with Benoit for the IC title (2000)

Stone Cold vs Triple H (2 out of 3 falls - 1st normal, 2nd street fight, 3rd Cage) - No Way Out 2001

The Rock vs Triple H w/ Special Ref HBK - Ironman Match - Judgment Day 2000

Triple H losses cleanly to the Brooklyn Brawler and Kai-en-tai on an episode of Smackdown 2000

The Rock vs Chris Jericho in a Mcmahon-Helmsley faction governed Lumberjack Match - Smackdown 2000

The Rock, Undertaker, Kane vs series of slobber knocker opponents (3 vs 20 handicap) (lead by Vince mcmahon) Smackdown 2000

More to come..

EDIT to add:

The first TLC matches between EC vs Hardys vs Dudleys - (Wrestlemania, Summerslam 2000)

Raven vs Kane vs Big Show in a triple threat Hardcore title match - Wrestlemania 2001

William Regal vs RVD - Wrestlemania 2001 (awesome match in my opinion)

Hardcore Holly vs (forgot opponent :p ) Where they leave the arena and actually fight on the street where you can see the cars passing by and them crossing the busy street of new york with camera guy running after them - lol - Smackdown 2000

· Registered
3,828 Posts
Chris Benoit vs Chris Jericho - Ladder Match - Royal Rumble 2001
People can bad mouth Benoit all the want, due to his losing his mind incident in 2007. But I feel that they can not and I repeat can not ignore the fact, that he was a fantastic wrestler. Mainly, because of this fact, I have this PPV on DVD. This match was nearly twenty minutes of greatness, for the Intercontinental Championship. One of those matches, that I can watch over and over again. Because of the fact both Jericho and Benoit, pulled off a great match that night.

Triple H vs Cactus Jack - Hell in a Cell - No Way Out 2000
It was really a toss up, between this and their Street Fight at the Royal Rumble of the same year. Probably one of the last great Hell in a Cell matches, that were produced. For Mick being in the shape, he was at the time and not being in the best of health, he pulled off a great match with Hunter. As well it was a solid way to keep heel Triple H of 2000, going as strong as ever. Solid match and at the time it actually aired and ended, I teared up when Cactus turned back to the fans, before going backstage.

Honorable Mention: Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho - WrestleMania XIX
Just another fantastic match from both Michaels and Jericho. Great chemistry between the two, whether it be 2003 or 2008. I loved those two being in the ring, facing one another.

· Masonic!
1,585 Posts
Street Fight: Shane Mcmahon vs Kurt Angle - King Of The Ring 2001

Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit vs Edge & Rey Mysterio - No Mercy 2002

· Registered
5,163 Posts
John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels (WM 23 Rematch on Raw)

John Cena vs. Triple H (WM 22)

John Cena vs. Edge - Last Man Standing (Backlash 2009)

John Cena vs. Edge - TLC (Unforgiven 2006)

John Cena vs. Randy Orton - Iron Man (Bragging Rights 2009)

Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler (Bragging Rights 2010)

Daniel Bryan vs. Ted DiBiase (Survivor Series 2010, NXT Season 4)

Legacy vs. D-X (Breaking Point 2009)

· Registered
225 Posts
Kurt Angle vs Undertaker (No Way Out 2006)
Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker (Wrestlemania 25)
Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H (Wrestlemania 20)
Shawn Michaels vs. Vince McMahon (Wrestlemania 22)
Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit (Royal Rumble 2003)
Stone Cold vs. The Rock (Wrestlemania 17)
Kurt Angle vs. Stone Cold (Summerslam 2001)
Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels (Wrestlemania 19)
Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels (No Mercy 2008)
Undertaker vs Edge (Summerslam 2008)
Matt Hardy vs. Edge (Unforgiven 2005)
Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle (Iron Man Match, 2003)
The Rock vs. Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker (Vengeance 2002)
The Rock vs. Chris Jericho (No Mercy 2001)
Kurt Angle vs. The Big Show vs. Brock Lesnar (Vengeance 2003)

· Banned
2,590 Posts
Chris Benoit vs Chris Jericho - Ladder Match - Royal Rumble 2001
People can bad mouth Benoit all the want, due to his losing his mind incident in 2007. But I feel that they can not and I repeat can not ignore the fact, that he was a fantastic wrestler. Mainly, because of this fact, I have this PPV on DVD. This match was nearly twenty minutes of greatness, for the Intercontinental Championship. One of those matches, that I can watch over and over again. Because of the fact both Jericho and Benoit, pulled off a great match that night.

Triple H vs Cactus Jack - Hell in a Cell - No Way Out 2000
It was really a toss up, between this and their Street Fight at the Royal Rumble of the same year. Probably one of the last great Hell in a Cell matches, that were produced. For Mick being in the shape, he was at the time and not being in the best of health, he pulled off a great match with Hunter. As well it was a solid way to keep heel Triple H of 2000, going as strong as ever. Solid match and at the time it actually aired and ended, I teared up when Cactus turned back to the fans, before going backstage.

Honorable Mention: Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho - WrestleMania XIX
Just another fantastic match from both Michaels and Jericho. Great chemistry between the two, whether it be 2003 or 2008. I loved those two being in the ring, facing one another.
Rep for you, just loved all of these matches.

There's so many to really name. Loads of Benoit, Angle, Jericho matches.

· Banned
266 Posts
WWE-Benoit vs Angle-Royal Rumble 2003

In general-look below my post

· Registered
4,638 Posts
Favorite Matches, right? I'll go year after year:

Hunter/Cactus I, Hunter/Rock (Iron Man), Hunter/Rock (BL)

Austin/Rock II, Hunter/Austin (NWO), Austin/Benoit (SD)

Rock/Hogan (WM), Michaels/Hunter (SS), Angle-Benoit/Edge-Mysterio (NM)

Angle/Benoit (RR), Rock/Austin III, Hunter/Flair (Raw)

Benoit/Hunter/Michaels (WM), Benoit/Michaels II, Eddie/JBL (JD)

Batista/Hunter III, Angle/Michaels I, Flair/Hunter (Cage)

Angle/Undertaker (NWO), Cena/Hunter I, Cena/Edge (TLC)

Cena/Umaga (RR), Orton/Shawn (SS), Orton/Hunter (NM)

Michaels/Flair (WM), Hunter/Hardy (NM), Jericho/Michaels (NM)

Undertaker/Michaels I, Mysterio/Jericho (TB), Cena/Hunter/Michaels (SS)

Undertaker/Michaels II

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.