Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CM Punk thread gave me an idea.

There have been many blood feuds in the history of this business. Some have been over a woman, some have been over a lost title shot, some have been more personal. So with that said, what is the greatest NON TITLE feud between two wrestlers in the history of WWE in your opinion?

My top 3 are
1-HHH/Austin 2000-2001
2-Undertaker-Kane 1997-1998
3-HHH-Shawn Michaels 2002-2004 (half of it was non title)

-Austin and HHH started off because HHH wanted to take Austin out. So he hired Rikishi to run him over with a car. Then they played the whole mystery thing along with HHH being a tweener who was kicking Kurt Angle's ass at the time. Long story short, they finally had a match at Survivor Series which ended in No Contest, then in the 6 man HIAC which ended with both of them on the ground and then Austin cost HHH the title and finally had a 2 of 3 falls match at No Way Out with HHH winning but Austin getting the last word with a stunner.

-Undertaker's brother wanted revenge for scarring him. Paul Bearer did a great job of hyping up Kane and made Kane a character we could give a shit about. Undertaker was reluctant to face Kane at first and then was finally pushed into it and we saw a good WM match which saw Kane take 3 tombstones and then an Inferno match. They have feuded on and off over the years but the first one was magic.

-HHH turned on HBK stating that HBK always wanted to steal the spotlight when it was in fact the Game who wanted the spotlight. They had a great Summerslam fight which ended with a sledgehammer and then HBK came back to take the title. They ended their feud officially in 2004 with a Hell in a Cell Match. In their non title matches, they each won one match.

So what is your favorite non title feud between wrestlers?

·
Leader of #TeamBAE
1,560 Posts
Bret-Austin
HBK/WWE-Bret/Hart Foundation
Taker-Kane
Austin-HHH (Jan-Feb '01, my God were those RAWs amazing)
HBK-Jericho
Edge-Matt

Edge-Matt seems so unbelievably out of place, but those 2.5 months of television that they feuded were so great/intense/real. The emotion of Matt getting played knocked down literally helped Edge get INCREDIBLE amounts of heat until he took the title off of Cena with MitB at NYR.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Austin-MsMahon
Michaels/Taker
Sting/Muta
HHH/Rock(Before the Title came into play)
Taker/Mankind

·
You know who I am, but you don't know why I'm here
1,102 Posts
agree with all of these.

King-Bret always made me happy because it was a throw-back to old school/golden era shit... King having Taker and Paul Bearer call Bret's mom was epic and completely forgotten. lol

"Her face could hold an eight-day rain." hahahahha

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
agree with all of these.

King-Bret always made me happy because it was a throw-back to old school/golden era shit... King having Taker and Paul Bearer call Bret's mom was epic and completely forgotten. lol

"Her face could hold an eight-day rain." hahahahha
Thinking on that level I would have to throw in Big Show vs Big Bossman

Bossman dragging that coffin around was priceless

Jake vs Savage was great as well with with the Cobra biting Savage and then the snake jumping out when Elizabeth opened the present.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
HHH/Austin 2000/2001 DAMN.

And HBK/Y2J

Reactions: austin316 G.O.A.T

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Off the top of my head:

Rick Rude-Jake Roberts (88)

Randy Savage- Jake Roberts (91-92)

Mr Perfect- Ric Flair (93)

Austin- Bret Hart (97)

Undertaker- Mankind (98)

Triple H- Austin (01)

Kurt Angle- HBK (05)

Undertaker- HBK (97, 09 & 10)

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
I was thinking about that Undertaker feud that ended with a James Bond-like gimmick with someone locked in a box with sand filling up...I thought that was pretty fun and out of the box

And also any Undertaker feud involving the casket and "death"

·
Registered
95 Posts
Edge-Matt. Arguably the most real rivalry. It was so intense, you could just tell Matts hatred just by him cutting his promos. It also made Edge to be the biggest heel in WWE.

·
Banned
586 Posts
Austin vs McMahon
Austin vs Bret Hart
Austin vs Triple H 2000/2001
Undertaker vs Kane 1997/1998
Mankind vs The Undertaker

1 - 20 of 21 Posts