Wrestling Forum banner

What in the hell are they doing with Daniel Bryan?

4225 Views 58 Replies 30 Participants Last post by  Ovidswaggle
No US champ anymore, a stupid storyline with the Bellas and Gail Kim, i can kinda agree on the 1st one because he wasn't really doing anything with the championship for a while now. But come on that thing with the Bellas? Tell me wich would be a good storyline for him.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

· Registered
704 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Bella's storyline is over. Thank GOD. Judging from upcoming live events, he will be feuding with Sheamus past Wrestlemania. Of course a good storyline for him would be a Mentor vs Student storyline with Regal, but WWE seems intend on NOT doing that, which is a pretty stupid decision IMO.

· Registered
3,391 Posts
I think he is going to actually have a match at WrestleMania for a championship against a 2 time WWE Champion. Without a MITB a lot of people are going to miss out on Mania. He's doing fine, would I prefer him doing something more prevelant? Sure, but we can't have everything now can we.

· Registered
4,806 Posts
Future endeavored would be the best thing to happen.

Failing that being sent to smackdown where there is less focus on being entertaining and more focus on just random matches. Smackdown and simly do nothing with him just let him come out on a tuesday and wrestle Swagger, Ryder, Christian, Masters, Reks, Mysterio. But for the love of god do not put him in another match with Ted Dibiase 500 times is enough.

Just let him be like Beniot not talking just random matches week after week throw shit at him and hope something catches on.

· Registered
7,074 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Bella's storyline is over. Thank GOD. Judging from upcoming live events, he will be feuding with Sheamus past Wrestlemania. Of course a good storyline for him would be a Mentor vs Student storyline with Regal, but WWE seems intend on NOT doing that, which is a pretty stupid decision IMO.
There's 2 reasons this shouldn't work, and both of them are the involvement of Regal.

· Registered
4,806 Posts
Please elaborate.
Not alot to elaborate on. William Regal is 42 years old. He's never been a relevant figure. There is nothing to be gain kayfabe wise from Daniel Bryan beating him. Its not going to move him up the card. The match would be a slow dull technical affair that would see alot of people switch off and flick back to check when its ended.

· Registered
4,950 Posts
So him choking justin roberts was inappropriate but Big D... Johnson dancing in a thong is fine:no:
No what he meant was he would be a mindless drone in the Nexus if he wasn't fired.

Think about this for a second. Snooki is in WM and Daniel Bryan is not. Something wrong here? :confused:
It's obvious he's getting a re-match for the title.

Not alot to elaborate on. William Regal is 42 years old. He's never been a relevant figure. There is nothing to be gain kayfabe wise from Daniel Bryan beating him. Its not going to move him up the card. The match would be a slow dull technical affair that would see alot of people switch off and flick back to check when its ended.
I was kinda going to agree with you until you made this stupid statement. EVERYONE and their mother has been waiting for this two to have a feud.

· Registered
1,320 Posts
I think we're finally seeing something more interesting involving Bryan now. They really need to build this feud on intensity and hard hitting matches. I've seen that they had street fights on house shows so maybe that's what we're going to see on PPV or television too. They need to do this at Wrestlemania.

· Registered
4,806 Posts
I was kinda going to agree with you until you made this stupid statement. EVERYONE and their mother has been waiting for this two to have a feud.
By everyone do you mean you?? Just remember there is a massive difference between everyone and the IWC the IWC is the tiniest portion of the wrestling fan base.

· Premium Member
46,384 Posts
Well he has no direction, and that's his problem. They saddled him with a ladies man character & paired him up with Gail Kim & The Bellas, but they didn't give him any good feuds. Good matches, sure, but a lot of them were just tacked on stretched out to 10 rematches with no rhyme or reason. And then he just loses the title to Sheamus on Raw after Sheamus was doing a losing streak storyline.

There is just no direction for the guy, and that surprises me after the buzz he generated for his return at Summerslam. You'd think they'd have a plan for him at Mania. Like why didn't they set up a US Title match between him & Riley? It could have tied into Miz's path to Mania, given them a bit of a main event rub in the process, & I think they could have had a good match together.

· Registered
704 Posts
He has never been a BIG figure in WWE, but how could Bryan NOT benefit from a feud with Regal? Regal is one of the best mic workers in WWE ATM and could definetely put Bryan over. As for their matches, they've had them before and they went over fairly well. You have no precedent to say it would lose ratings other your own twisted preconceptions. I'm sure they can spice it up if they want to. It wouldn't ALL be grappling. Bryan could do the spots and take the bigger bumps, and and Regal can still move around just fine. Bryan carried Miz, a guy who is not very athletic, to a couple pretty good match (one of which actually gained about 300,000 viewers). Why couldn't he do the same thing with Regal, a guy who is not very athletic either, but has actual wrestling skill?

The feud doesn't have to be long, but it has the potential to be a great midcard feud. Hell, it is one of the few feuds that doesn't need alot of setup because it is already there. It doesn't need to be used to move Bryan up the card. It is just a potentially compelling midcard feud, which is something that WWE doesn't have very often, and is something that Bryan really needs right now.

· Registered
4,806 Posts
He has never been a BIG figure in WWE, but how could Bryan NOT benefit from a feud with Regal? Regal is one of the best mic workers in WWE ATM and could definetely put Bryan over. As for their matches, they've had them before and they went over fairly well. You have no precedent to say it would lose ratings other your own twisted preconceptions. I'm sure they can spice it up if they want to. It wouldn't ALL be grappling. Bryan could do the spots and take the bigger bumps, and and Regal can still move around just fine. Bryan carried Miz, a guy who is not very athletic, to a couple pretty good match (one of which actually gained about 300,000 viewers). Why couldn't he do the same thing with Regal, a guy who is not very athletic either, but has actual wrestling skill?

The feud doesn't have to be long, but it has the potential to be a great midcard feud. Hell, it is one of the few feuds that doesn't need alot of setup because it is already there. It doesn't need to be used to move Bryan up the card. It is just a potentially compelling midcard feud, which is something that WWE doesn't have very often, and is something that Bryan really needs right now.
Im not saying the match couldnt be good to some people. But i know to the majority of the fans that matter. (the 10-15 yr olds who buy the most merchendise) most of them wont be interested.

So you're going to ignore everyone's request for this match just because you don't like Bryan?:no:
No. Id give them the match. It would last 15 minutes but id put it on in q4 so then i know i can get all the viewers that turn off back at the turn of the hour. Probably do this on a night with a big return for when half my audience switches off. But then ive still got the IWC audience for the major moment aswell.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.