Wrestling Forum banner

What impact will Tough Enough have on the younger members of WWE audience

1040 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  NostalgicDave
Despite people on here acting like they somehow know everything about WWE and wrestling, I'm sure there was a time when people might have thought ___ was real or that a certain move in wrestling was preformed a certain way and stuff like that.

I'm sure that there's many people in WWEs younger audience(maybe even some of the non young,but new members too) that don't know much about what goes on in the world of wrestling other than just what they pick up from watching on tv.

So do you really think a show like tough enough will end up being that "educational show" that basically teaches these people all about wrestling?

I think it's a good idea for tough enough cause reality shows have taken over tv and WWE had tough enough before reality shows were everywhere so it's not like they're entirely copying what they see, they're just bringing back an old show. And with many new people watching WWE too, a show like this could really teach them about wrestling and could help make them appreciate wrestling instead of watching for 3-4 years, other than knowing its scripted, not knowing how things are done, and then just stop watching like many other people I know did.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
384 Posts
I think they will aim it away from the younger kids, as some of them would be confused by it. I personally am very interested in the show, and if they show it in Australia i will certainly watch it. It will probably be miles better than nxt, as we will know these people actually want it, unlike in nxt where they can just go back to FCW.

· Kerser is the sickest.
1,547 Posts
I never properly watched the original series, so forgive my lack of knowledge, but judging from a few clips I've seen, do they actually show wrestlers learning to take bumps and so on? If so, I'm not sure I like the idea of the show, as that in some ways contradicts their main shows in showing it's fake. Yes, I'm aware we all 'know', but it's not like movies characters say, 'it's okay my arm isn't really chopped off.' Just my opinion, correct me if that isn't the subject of the show.

· Registered
3,493 Posts
Well it's on after Raw so (I think) that is pretty late for younger kids. Maybe it is something for the older fan. However, if a kid see's the rough element of wrestling they may respect it and also might not try it at home.

· Banned
10,054 Posts
I never properly watched the original series, so forgive my lack of knowledge, but judging from a few clips I've seen, do they actually show wrestlers learning to take bumps and so on? If so, I'm not sure I like the idea of the show, as that in some ways contradicts their main shows in showing it's fake. Yes, I'm aware we all 'know', but it's not like movies characters say, 'it's okay my arm isn't really chopped off.' Just my opinion, correct me if that isn't the subject of the show.
Yes, they show them getting taught to take bumps, and basic moves like hiptosses, armdrags etc.

· Registered
19,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^But it's a wrestling reality show.

Many people love reality shows and the people who watch it will like wrestling too, so if anything I think it'll draw even more from the younger kids if they're into reality shows.

And only the first episode is on after raw, every week after that it's on at 8pm in USA. Haven't heard about whether or not it's airing in canada or any other country

· Registered
803 Posts
When i was a kid i did ju-jitsu and i watched tough enough and they were learning how to do break falls. I recognised all of the moves and it was the moment i realised that wrestling MIGHT not be real. I was only about 9/10 so i wasnt a mega retard but i was shocked and considering an awful lot more of the WWE audicence are kids these days they might wanna be careful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.