Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What if WWE instead of having several PPVs a year they just had Wrestlemania as there only event where you had to pay to view it? They still had Raw and Smackdowns and would sometime have Raws or Smackdowns where there were championship matches that might be on PPV. Thoughts or basically is the only reply is they wouldn't make as much money as they want to make. This is only a thought since I had what other sports do in mind that there biggest event is the most special because it only happens once a year. So I feel with Wrestlemania there biggest event being the only thing on PPV would make it seem so special. Thoughts?

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
If it were the only PPV of the year, I'd guarantee WWE would actually have storylines set up for each match on the card and everything would be given time.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
would still depend on how they booked it. when wwe only had 4 shows in the early 1990s mania lost a ton of its value from 1991 to 1993

wwe have done a really good job in recent years of building mania to be a superbowl type event with mania season starting first week of january

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,513 Posts
That's hard to even imagine considering we have one every month. But if WM was their only PPV, they would most likely have a ton of build going into each match, even the lower card matches, I would imagine.

They'd probably have an INSANE buyrate, too. Everyone who only orders 1 or 2 PPVs per year and the people who order all (or at least most) of the PPVs would ALL be buying WM. It would do an insane number.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Having Wrestlemania as their only PPV might make a huge difference and probably be booked a lot better. They have too many PPVs now that seem to be rushed, they hotshot all these angles.

They could do some Clash of the Champions-type events throughout the course of the year, perhaps three or four, and then build their way up to WM.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If it were their only PPV they'd charge you like $300.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
That's hard to even imagine considering we have one every month. But if WM was their only PPV, they would most likely have a ton of build going into each match, even the lower card matches, I would imagine.

They'd probably have an INSANE buyrate, too. Everyone who only orders 1 or 2 PPVs per year and the people who order all (or at least most) of the PPVs would ALL be buying WM. It would do an insane number.
I doubt the buy rate would really be much different. It already does an insane buy rate compared to the rest of the year and even if people skip every other PPV (as many fans do), you can count on Wrestlemania being the one they'll make sure to order.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts