Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been wanting to make this thread for a long time but didn't know when the time was right. I asked in the ask a staff member thread, which section to post this thread in because it won't just be about TNA as it deals with Old school since it was founded in 2002, and the WWE. I was told to post it in here though because it evolves around TNA. Bob Ryder, Jeff Jarrett, and his father Jerry, went on a fishing trip and talked about there future in the business. They created TNA Wrestling, however Jeff Jarrett was the only out of the two who took this conversation seriously. Jeff and Jerry seeked out for help and founded TNA wrestling. It has had it's ups and downs but it's the second biggest company in pro wrestling around the world in recent years. So my questions are,

What if TNA wrestling was never founded in 2002?

Would another wrestling company been created to go against the WWE?

Would guys like Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Jeff Jarrett, and even Sting be in the WWE right now if TNA was never created?

What would have happened in general to the world of wrestling if TNA was never founded in 2002?

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
I'd be a bored wrestling fan right now, WWE just doesn't do anything for me anymore, TNA still entertains me through the good and the bad.

·
Registered
12,478 Posts
In my opinion I think there would be another promotion kicking around but I'm not 100% sure.If there was no TNA , Angle would have had to grind it out in WWE when he wanted time off. Who knows what could have happened to him he wasn't in a great shape at the time. Sting would still be retired, Remember he was practically fully retired before WCW went down.He made his first appearence for TNA in 03 I believe.Foley would have just left and come back. The Hardy'z hmm idk Jeff was brought back before as was Matt Hardy so its possible they'd return again.

The WWE would be in a worse shape product wise then ever. No competition AT ALL.If you think WWE is bad now, just imagine if TNA was never created. Vince would forever be coasting it like he is now.

As for me, I wouldn't have stuck with pro wrestling for as long as I have.I innitally got back into wrestling big time because of TNA years ago and they are the reason I came back again just last year. I think everyone needs an alternative to WWE. It keeps things fresh I think.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Well, TNA was created to bridge the gap that the falls of WCW and ECW made, even though it has had a tough ride with the weekly PPVs, TV deals and such. Another promotion would have simply surfaced and made the steps it needed to become the 2nd-biggest wrestling company in the USA.

Have there been any other promotions that have got far in terms of TV deals? ROH is on a TV network with little coverage, there were those MTV shows such as WSX and Lucha Libre USA and even companies before TNA such as the XWF tried to get a TV deal but couldn't (even though they taped six episodes at Universal Studios).

TNA took its place that others haven't been able to get. If TNA goes down, another company will take its place.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
There might've been another promotion, who knows if it'd be further than TNA though.

Talent wise, the business would be a lot worse. Either you'd be in WWE, or you'd be sucking dick in the indies. It was like that for a while post-WCW, until WWE/WCW stars opened the gates to go to TNA.

·
Registered
416 Posts
TNA's creation was inevitable. Why? Because what else was Jeff Jarrett going to do, spend time with his dad?

But seriously, during 2002, there was a giant boom of indie promotions.

One of them would have been picked up by a large corporate backer. And that one promotion would have gotten the same greedy parasites locked on them, sapping up money with their connections, or looking for a WCW or ECW resurgence. But of course, you never become a big promotion without hopping on the NWA bus to prominence.

There were a HUGE amount of wannabe promotions. TNA got luckier than most (especially after that atrocious first year). And ROH, CZW, and Chikara just kept on pushing. If not TNA, they would have been picked. But by this time, if they were picked, I'd be pretty sure their identity would have been stripped as rapidly as TNA's did.

So... more or less, some big changes, but a similar brand, different logo, different name.

·
Registered
746 Posts
ROH would be a lot bigger. Imagine had the likes of the TNA originals gone there instead. Maybe guys like Punk, Joe and Danielson would've stayed. Think there would be a different more mat based alternative rather than the more X-Division based one that TNA OFFERED!!!

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
I'd still be watching WWE,as well as the indy's and promotions from Mexico&Japan!.....Basically It would remain the same except without TNA around and even then I agree with people who say that some other company would've been created anyway or indy's would be bigger,I think ROH would actually be as big as TNA rightnow.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
There were also a pretty big promotion in Australia - World Wrestling All-Stars (WWA). Created in 2001 by Andrew McManus and includes many well known stars, like Jeff Jarrett, Sting, Lex Luger, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Maven, Bret Hart, Road Dogg, AJ Styles, Jerry Lynn and many more. Maybe, if they havent the competition like TNA, they would be right now the 2nd wrestling company in the world.

btw. 2nd wrestling company in the world is NJPW. TNA is 2nd only in the US.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Then WWE would be the only option for wrestling fans, I say that because wrestling has a wordwide fanbase and the other promotions don't have worldwide exposure and to be a real alternative you need to be worldwide, just being popular in the US (ROH) ain't going to get you anywhere.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
rumlour hasn it tha dixie was considering endorsing WWC, so maybe WWC would be in TNAs position and maybe Russo would still be running WWAA but not in the place tna is in and all th estars would have enivitably have ended in WWE

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.