Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMO Charlotte Flair would've been in the role that was reserved for Beth Phoenix and Natalya, a babyface who would've been picked on by the model-type heels such as LayCool while the likes of Becky Lynch, Sasha Banks and Bayley would've been stuck in FCW jobbing to the likes of Tiffany or Aksana.

·
Banned
839 Posts
Who the fuck cares? It's divas, just ugly ones. They'd have been piss break 5 minute matches back then just like they're piss break 20-25 minute matches/segments now.

·
The Babyface of WF
11,713 Posts
Charlotte still had the Flair name there is no way she wasn't going to be used in some capacity, Looks wise she wasn't as good looking as other conventionally attractive divas but I doubt that would hold her back heavily.

Becky and Bayley are likely FCW Mainstays due to having no leverage at all, Sasha is actually a hot woman when she tries to be just look at her now.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,292 Posts
Without Ronda Rousey having yet made an impact in MMA and changed perceptions of women in 'mens' sports the Horsewomen wouldn't have amounted to much. Charlotte would get a push because she's a Flair and HHH would do anything to make Ric happy. Sasha possibly would get a decent push, nothing huge seeing as she's a minority and Vince doesn't like pushing them. But she can be quite attractive. Bayley and Becky wouldn't amount to anything though.

2014 was the perfect time for them to debut since people were tired of the bellas.
Revisionist history much?

I love how people act like the Bellas dominated for years and no one else got pushed, and they won everything. In reality Nikki had one 300 day Title run where she lost every single non Title match she had.

·
Premium Member
16,948 Posts
Without Rousey and the US Women's Soccer team winning, Bayley and Becky probably wouldn't have been hired; Sasha would be released by now. Charlotte would be the top lady, but I don't think she'd still be in WWE. They wouldn't have pushed her as a great role model, wrestler - just a model and a Flair. She might have left. In my opinion, she seems like she gives a shit about the wrestling industry and since WWE doesn't care about women's wrestling she could have quit.

Without Ronda Rousey having yet made an impact in MMA and changed perceptions of women in 'mens' sports the Horsewomen wouldn't have amounted to much. Charlotte would get a push because she's a Flair and HHH would do anything to make Ric happy. Sasha possibly would get a decent push, nothing huge seeing as she's a minority and Vince doesn't like pushing them. But she can be quite attractive. Bayley and Becky wouldn't amount to anything though.

Revisionist history much?

I love how people act like the Bellas dominated for years and no one else got pushed, and they won everything. In reality Nikki had one 300 day Title run where she lost every single non Title match she had.
Rousey, US Women's Soccer team, the change in the United States about the Women's movement.....I admit WWE caught on at the perfect time here. It's incredible if you stop and think about all the opportunities they ignored and missed. Yet they struck gold in timing their own women's push.

And, unfortunately, the revisionist history is accurate with what WWE was presenting. I don't think fans gave a crap about them, still don't. But, WWE started pushing them like they were gods, once Total Divas started. WWE still brings them up whenever they talk about the women's revolution. Bellas did next to nothing for the division - except bring all the attention with Total Divas. lol

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
I'd love to see the matchups.

They had Maryse, McCool, Victoria, Beth and Melina who are really awesome heels. They would have brought the best of their babyface persona. They made Nattie looks adorable.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,292 Posts
Without Rousey and the US Women's Soccer team winning, Bayley and Becky probably wouldn't have been hired; Sasha would be released by now. Charlotte would be the top lady, but I don't think she'd still be in WWE. They wouldn't have pushed her as a great role model, wrestler - just a model and a Flair. She might have left. In my opinion, she seems like she gives a shit about the wrestling industry and since WWE doesn't care about women's wrestling she could have quit.

Rousey, US Women's Soccer team, the change in the United States about the Women's movement.....I admit WWE caught on at the perfect time here. It's incredible if you stop and think about all the opportunities they ignored and missed. Yet they struck gold in timing their own women's push.

And, unfortunately, the revisionist history is accurate with what WWE was presenting. I don't think fans gave a crap about them, still don't. But, WWE started pushing them like they were gods, once Total Divas started. WWE still brings them up whenever they talk about the women's revolution. Bellas did next to nothing for the division - except bring all the attention with Total Divas. lol
Like it or not but the Bellas were really over. Sure the Indy obsessed smarks hate them, but those fans hate anyone who doesn't think doing flips is a personality. As far as being pushed like Gods goes...well do you reserve the same opinion for AJ Lee, Charlotte, Becky, etc? They were the top women for about 9 months-year, and even then all it was, was just one Title run where Nikki jobbed in every non Title match she had.

As far as what the Bellas did for the division, how is bringing in more attention a bad thing? They also endlessly campaigned and pleaded backstage for the women to be given more time, and for more women from NXT to be called up. Its not like they were booking themselves into short matches. Nikki in particular developed into a good Pro Wrestler who stepped up to the level of the women she competed against, including the Horsewomen.

·
Premium Member
16,948 Posts
Like it or not but the Bellas were really over. Sure the Indy obsessed smarks hate them, but those fans hate anyone who doesn't think doing flips is a personality. As far as being pushed like Gods goes...well do you reserve the same opinion for AJ Lee, Charlotte, Becky, etc? They were the top women for about 9 months-year, and even then all it was, was just one Title run where Nikki jobbed in every non Title match she had.

As far as what the Bellas did for the division, how is bringing in more attention a bad thing? They also endlessly campaigned and pleaded backstage for the women to be given more time, and for more women from NXT to be called up. Its not like they were booking themselves into short matches. Nikki in particular developed into a good Pro Wrestler who stepped up to the level of the women she competed against, including the Horsewomen.
No. I was agreeing with you. Like how WWE try to sometimes rewrite history, so does WWE fans (smarks).

Bellas were ok in my book.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Who the fuck cares? It's divas, just ugly ones. They'd have been piss break 5 minute matches back then just like they're piss break 20-25 minute matches/segments now.
What have you got against the women in WWE? genuine question, from many of the matches i've watched over the last few years the women have been putting on matches just as good as the mens? Isn't it about time the "piss break" label got dropped from womens wrestling when its come so far from what it was 10 years ago?
I also disagree with the ugly shout, not really sure you could put Becky, Alexa, Sasha in that bracket along with many others..

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Sasha wouldve been in another company by now if she wasnt someone's lacky, Becky in midcard hell if not in another company, doubt Bayley woulve even been hired and the Natalya flair rivalry would be overdone

·
Banned
839 Posts
What have you got against the women in WWE? genuine question, from many of the matches i've watched over the last few years the women have been putting on matches just as good as the mens? Isn't it about time the "piss break" label got dropped from womens wrestling when its come so far from what it was 10 years ago?
I also disagree with the ugly shout, not really sure you could put Becky, Alexa, Sasha in that bracket along with many others..
Dude, women's wrestling sucks. They're slower, sloppy, not nearly as athletic as men. That's biology.

Why would I want to waste time watching an inferior(in most ways) sex/gender perform in an inferior way? Now if it's singing/music, I certainly don't mind admiring Adele now and then, and then going back to Chris Cornell or Alice in Chains or Pantera.

But why would I ever want to watch slower midgets like Asuka, Kairi, Alexa in weird, gaudy underwear, with funny faces, plastered with makeup and what not? How much do they weigh, like 135 pounds?

If I had to watch cruiserweights, I have the option of watching far better athletes such as Drew Gulak, Mustafa Ali, Chad Gable, or even Buddy Murphy(who I suspect weighs like 210 pounds and 205, but a great athlete nonetheless? If you get my drift).

If I want to watch Testosteronized monsters who can throw people around, why would I want to watch ugly charlotte or rhea ripley over Lashley, Lesnar, or Drew Mcintyre?

If I want to see technical wrestlers go at it, I have Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Chad Gable, Daniel Bryan, Bret Hart, Cesaro.

If I want to see incredible promos or storytelling, I'd watch Sting, Kurt Angle, Taker, Shawn, Austin, Rock...not a bunch of women pretending to be Alpha Males or badasses lol.

It's ridiculous how so many men put up with inferior performers, inferior wrestling, and pretend that it's "as good as men" . No it's not, it never was, never has been, and never will be.

I'd rather watch Foley vs Taker, or Taker vs Shawn on a loop than a bunch of women.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dude, women's wrestling sucks. They're slower, sloppy, not nearly as athletic as men. That's biology.

Why would I want to waste time watching an inferior(in most ways) sex/gender perform in an inferior way? Now if it's singing/music, I certainly don't mind admiring Adele now and then, and then going back to Chris Cornell or Alice in Chains or Pantera.

But why would I ever want to watch slower midgets like Asuka, Kairi, Alexa in weird, gaudy underwear, with funny faces, plastered with makeup and what not? How much do they weigh, like 135 pounds?

If I had to watch cruiserweights, I have the option of watching far better athletes such as Drew Gulak, Mustafa Ali, Chad Gable, or even Buddy Murphy(who I suspect weighs like 210 pounds and 205, but a great athlete nonetheless? If you get my drift).

If I want to watch Testosteronized monsters who can throw people around, why would I want to watch ugly charlotte or rhea ripley over Lashley, Lesnar, or Drew Mcintyre?

If I want to see technical wrestlers go at it, I have Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Chad Gable, Daniel Bryan, Bret Hart, Cesaro.

If I want to see incredible promos or storytelling, I'd watch Sting, Kurt Angle, Taker, Shawn, Austin, Rock...not a bunch of women pretending to be Alpha Males or badasses lol.

It's ridiculous how so many men put up with inferior performers, inferior wrestling, and pretend that it's "as good as men" . No it's not, it never was, never has been, and never will be.

I'd rather watch Foley vs Taker, or Taker vs Shawn on a loop than a bunch of women.
We'll agree to disagree then, whilst it is biology that men are quicker and more athletic, wrestling is about telling a story in the ring and i think that they do just as good a job as a lot of the men do with their matches. If they have a good match and keep me on the edge of my seat with me not knowing who is going to win - i will watch and enjoy it, male or female performer.

·
Banned
839 Posts
We'll agree to disagree then, whilst it is biology that men are quicker and more athletic, wrestling is about telling a story in the ring and i think that they do just as good a job as a lot of the men do with their matches. If they have a good match and keep me on the edge of my seat with me not knowing who is going to win - i will watch and enjoy it, male or female performer.
Good on you, man. Enjoy whatever you love.

·
Registered
439 Posts

Why would I want to waste time watching an inferior(in most ways) sex/gender perform in an inferior way? .
Holy Christ! You must be quite the hit with the women!

A preference is a preference, but to call women inferior is sick.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts