Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What if the WWE product was starting to die,similar to the mid 90s,The Attitude Era saved WWE but if WWE were Close to go out of bussiness what would they do,Would they change the TV Rating to TV-14 Again? or Still keep the PG rating? and TNA would be owing WWE (Can't Believe i said that),would the WWE step up its game big time Like they did in the 90s?

Also Like Austin,Rock Helped the WWE to the Top Which Stars Out of the Current Roster Could Help The WWE? My Guess would be a Heel Cena,Cm Punk and Rock(if ever he feels pity and return) What do you think? please Share Your Views!

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
It would be totally different to the mid 90's because back then there was an alternative company that was just as well known with as big a if not bigger fanbase.

If WWE dies, wrestling dies.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
WWE wouldn't turn TV-14, because kids are ignorant enough to buy into whatever they sell. You don't turn away from easy child/parent money, to chase after older fans who probably just stream PPVs.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I think the WWE can't die its become very powerful and its a product that we view as a brand. The WWE is big when we thinking about wrestling we think about "WWE". Although its been losing fan base it seems to still be solid (since kids are the priority to keep sales up). If the WWE did indeed start dieing in a time well it is obvious either they will go down or WWE will step up there game to start entertaining us.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
They would see it years ahead of time and would work a way to make the business "big" again, and they would succeed. But since last year was the WWE's second most profitable year ever, they ain't goin anywhere anytime soon.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
It would be totally different to the mid 90's because back then there was an alternative company that was just as well known with as big a if not bigger fanbase.

If WWE dies, wrestling dies.
Yes all the indies and japanese wrestling promotions would shut down in respect for WWE.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Yes all the japanese wrestling promotions would shut down in respect for WWE.
Im he meant dead in america.......and all other places not named japan...........

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Unless another company gives the WWE serious competition I can't just see it dying, sure you could say that the WWE could destroy itself but despite all the mistakes they make I think that they actually learn from them.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
In the mid-90s the WWF was considered doa. People like to think it was genius booking or the wrestlers stepping up but you wanna know what really saved the WWE. Two things:

Corporate fucking up WcW by getting too involved

but mostly

WWE going public. It was this business decision that brought the money to keep the WWF going more than any wrestlemania ever could.

As for asking if wrestling would survive. Yes, it would go back to being more territorial and channels that cant afford expensive programming and now cant get WWE programs would look towards smaller companies to provide programming.

Btw saying all of wrestling outside of Japan would shut down is laughable. Mexico and hell even the indies here in Canada would take GREAT offense to that comment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts