Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Undertaker is going to be out with an injury for four to six months, which means he could miss Wrestlemania 27. Taker had shoulder surgery last week. Right now it looks like he'll either miss Mania or work in some kind of limited capacity.

Source: Pwinsider

This is the most recent of a few reports I had read concerning Taker's shoulder and whether or not he will be good to go for Wrestlemania. So the question I ask is...what if Taker is unable to perform at when Wrestlemania time roles around? We here in the IWC have been speculating everything little thing about Taker's remaining WM matches for months now: how many more will there be? Who will his opponents be? Will he face John Cena at 27 or 28? Will The Streak stay intact?

The fact of the matter is that at this point, The Streak has become more important than either World Title at Wrestlemania. HBK challenging The Streak two years in a row was massive as it was, but the fact that he lost both times put The Streak in a whole new realm of prestige. Not to mention that The Streak is so close to 20-0 at this point, the remaining matches to be had are so monumental and important.

So...what do you think will end up happening with Taker's Wrestlemania situation? And do you think if he is unable to wrestle, he should still be involved in some way?

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,822 Posts
I bet he makes it back. Even if he has to be shot up and is in obvious agony every second of it. If it is as bad as it may be, the only match he'll wrestle between right now and perhaps next autumn or so will be his Wrestlemania match, but I find it difficult to believe he'll allow himself to miss the show. Granted, if you're injured you're injured, but we've all seen guys insanely go to Wrestlemania when they should have been in a damned hospital (Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, Steve Austin, perhaps Rey Mysterio to a lesser degree), and I suspect Undertaker will, if he has to be, another one in that tradition. He himself knows how huge The Streak is. Even if his match is a seven-minute wonder in the undercard against Ezekiel Jackson (just to throw a name out there), I suspect he'll make it.

Then, next year, he and WWE decide he should rest up and stay as healthy as possible for the 20-0 battle with Cena. And, I hope, shortly after that he retires because the guy is just falling apart and he'd be better off hanging them up before too much longer.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I think he will drag his ass in there medically cleared or not , then do the same next year at least. I think 20-0 is an OCD big deal record to get to

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I kinda feel bad for him, the guy keeps getting injured, hopefully he'll recover sooner than expected. I personally doubt he'll make it at WM next year, his body has been broken down too many times, i doubt it will get back to normal again. But i'm still expecting Taker/Cena WM match, i hope they will limit his schedule very tight this time and only let him compete if he has to.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
I think he will drag his ass in there medically cleared or not , then do the same next year at least. I think 20-0 is an OCD big deal record to get to
Who cares about Taker at WM?If WWE had its way it would make Taker beat the US army,Chinese army and Indian army(3 of the world's biggest armies) and he would be 19-0.BORING AS HELL.

·
Premium Member
43,684 Posts
They'll come up with something new.

The Taker & His Streak bit has been a major attraction for Wrestlemania, but WWE is going to have to do without it eventually so coming up with some new ideas in the event that he can't make it for 27 might be good for them.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
If Taker showed up to fight Brock Lesnar in Hell in a Cell with a broken fucking arm, he's sure as hell gonna show up for his 19-0 Wrestlemania match with an injured shoulder.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
what if...taker has wrestled his last match at WM? just a thought. maybe he's done. and even if he isnt, by the time he comes back, whether its for this years wm or not, what makes you think he'll make it to 20-0? the guy is hurt and has been hurt...im sure he doesnt want to retire, but if he has another major injury, he's done...if he isnt already.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
the guy will be back for wrestlemania. there is no way that he misses that ppv. he will win at that ppv. undertaker's streak is more important than the heavyweight titles and the money in the bank match at wrestlemania. if undertaker somehow manages to lose at wrestlemania and its not the last match on the card, the main event can forget about having any value and having anybody care. it will overshadow everything left on the card because of the significance and history behind the streak. the day that the undertaker is booked in the last match at wrestlemania may be the day that the streak ends, but until then, i dont see it happening. as far as his health, he'll wrestle that one match and then take off 8-9 months as usual then return sparingly. he is nothing like hogan. hogan wrestled continuously. hardly ever taking a break. thats why he is so messed up. undertaker always takes those long breaks, allowing him more time to heal.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
They'll come up with something new.

The Taker & His Streak bit has been a major attraction for Wrestlemania, but WWE is going to have to do without it eventually so coming up with some new ideas in the event that he can't make it for 27 might be good for them.
It could be a blessing in disguise, Taker's match has been one of the things they can really hype going into 'mania for the past few years. Taking that away leaves such a big hole that WWE would be forced to promote several more matches heavily, resulting in a card with 6 or 7 important matches rather than 3 or 4.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
He should rest up and heal up so that he is able to work a program heading into Mania. I may be sick of him dominating SD but when I pay my ticket for Wrestlemania I sure as hell want his ass in a match lol. Hopefully he will make it. Then he should just take the rest of the year off until Mania 28 where he can face Cena. I have to say though, the thought of Mania without a Taker match feels really........weird!

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
So what if he isn't back for Mania? He's missed a few here and there, no big deal. I'd rather him come back fully healed (or as much as he can) than to come back and possibly injure himself again, just to compete at Mania. A persons health is more important than 1 match in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts