Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"IF" John Cena failed a wellness policy do you think the WWE would go out of their way to protect him so he is not given strict persecutions or do you think the WWE would treat him like any other superstar and give him similar suspensions, fines, etc..?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
30 days suspension. I was sceptical before, but considring they suspended Orton and Jericho (for the fucking flag thing).

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
They'd suspend him too. It'll be one of those things where WWE sends a message to all their talent by showing "nobody is safe".

But since it's Cena, WWE will probably write him off TV by having him get injured or suspended(on tv by Laurinaitis as a storyline) and still bring up his name on Raw every week.

People kept on saying that Orton was getting "injured" alot in past few months cause he failed a test. Where are all those people now, now that he actually did fail a test? They aren't saying anything about being wrong about him failing a test at the beginning of the year.

·
Ceramic Wizard Bong
3,993 Posts
They'd turn a blind eye as long as Cena is in his current postion, no way that story would get out, let alone suspending him for 6 weeks, although in fairness not long ago you'd have thought they'd give Orton that same treatment, Cena and the legit legends (HHH, Taker) are probably the only ones who could get away with it now though. More and more the wellness policy is just a weapon for them in backstage political battles, Reys recent bust is the most obvious example, Orton had to have done something to piss someone off imo.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
He would become "injured" if you get what I mean.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,306 Posts
No, he's got all his ducks in a row. He's got doctor's notes in triplicate for it all. I still can't get over the point brought up here in that John Cena is as big as a typical Natural Mr Olympia or Natural Mr. Universe winner.

Now, if Cody Rhodes had a doctor's prescription for something just what in the blue Hell is John Cena taking?

The Cena marks will say that this 2007 CNN interview in the aftermath of the Benoit tragedy was taken out of context but here is how it happened.

CNN Interviewer: Have you ever used performance enhancing drugs? Have you ever used steroids?
Cena: Absolutely not

After that exchange Cena went on to say this...

"This is a crazy question and it's something that, um, it's tough to answer just because of the way society is now; the way people conceive things because performance enhancing drugs have got the spotlight and it's a hot thing to talk about. I can't tell you that I haven't but you'll never be able to prove that I have."
"I can't tell you that I haven't." What the Hell? This is a yes or no question. Have you used performance enhancing drugs, yes or no? "Well, I can't tell you that I haven't but you'll never be able to prove that I have."

That to me makes it sound like Cena does use PEDs but nobody is going to say a peep about it because it would ruin the image of a guy who is reportedly worth 100 million a year to WWE. "Never be able to prove that I have" to me makes it sound like he'd be able to provide some bogus doctor prescriptions.

Seriously, just look at the guy. You have two eyeballs. Can somebody become like that and stay like that if they drink alcohol and are on the road 300+ days a year?

·
CHAIRMAN of WF
2,528 Posts
They will turn their heads and act like nothing happen. Cena is in a position where he is protected from such actions IMHO. Not only is his position protecting him but the fact that such breaking news will bring some type of negative and unwanted attention to Cena and the WWE.

Plus something like this will make the WWE look bad as well, especially seeing how the WWE and their lawyers were all over CNN, after they asked Cena if he had ever done steroids?

IMO Cena, HHH, and Undertaker are the only people who are granted immunity from such disciplinary action if they failed the Wellness policy. Everyone else, will get that 30 or 60 day suspension.

·
Premium Member
44,377 Posts
It'd be huge if they did and it would validate the way they conduct the wellness tests.

·
10,306 Posts
It invalidates the Wellness Policy. Vinny Mac and WWE would be before Congress all over again. Wrestlers and doctors writing scrips for PEDs would get subpoenaed. Perfect Trifecta of Company Killing=WWE Network fails costing WWE about 200 million, 3 Hour RAW bombs and then a steroid scandal kicked off by a whistleblower doctor or even worse, Benoit Part II.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
If he failed a wellness test and it got made pulic I would mark the fuck out

But knowing WWE they would cover it up to save their poster boy having a bad image

·
10,306 Posts
Lets just assume Cena is using some stuff. That isn't a far-fetched assumption. Just if all the "prescriptions" of what this babyface of the company since 2005 was on leaked it could be the beginning of the end. Wouldn't necessarily even have to be a failed drug test.

·
All Out
2,802 Posts
We'd never find out about it
If there's one person the WWE will protect its Cena.
This. WWE probably has CM Punk taking his drug tests for him just to be safe haha... In all seriousness he'd probably get a stern talking to by McMahon and they'd have another drug test the following week that he'd pass with McMahon saying to the talent that the previous week's testing was inconclusive or something...

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
if cena failing a drugtest prevends him from contantly being in the main event then please test him! But I think he is protected though. Cena has one of the most ripped roided up frames in WWE (not so obvious as Ryback or Ryan though but still!!) so please don't tell me he never used roids. All bodybuilding boys do it. On a basis of 300 days touring the guy even gained weight a couple months ago. If you do try to convince me Cena hasn't used PEDS you're insulting my intelligence.

I would laugh my ass off if Cena violates the wellness policy and they make it public. Randy and Cena both in suspension. Time for the 'small' guys to main event? 1991 all over again.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,440 Posts
I honestly believe he would be protected to a certain extent. Perhaps he would simply be levied a substantial fine ($25,000-50,000) instead of sit out for 30 days.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
If it were to happen today, then Tensai,Sakamoto,Big Show and someone else would team up on Cena and take him out.
Yup, pretty much what I was thinking.

In all honesty, all those guys are taking something as has been exposed by the recent wellness reports, you either have a "prescription" or you fail. I've explained in other threads numerous times that Cena is bigger than the natural mr.olympias, guy who have better genetics, diets and workout plans so this alone should give enough reason to doubt his, or any other guys clean state. If you're owning more talented and dedicated guys with ease in the physique department, there's a reason for that, and it's not extra hard work cause these guys work harder aswell.

·
Registered
12,583 Posts
Well he is getting a divorce - if she knows stuff and it gets messy...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts