Wrestling Forum banner

What if...Hulk Hogan had never become a wrestler?

2001 Views 23 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  soxfan93
From what I read, Terry Bollea AKA Hulk Hogan, was a skilled musician, spending ten years playing bass guitar in several Florida-based rock bands.

How different would things be had Hulk Hogan decided to become a musician instead of a wrestler?
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· WWE Analyzer
176 Posts
Rock music could still be popular, Justin beiber could be WWE Champion!

· Banned
470 Posts
why spend your last days in tna instead of playing in a band?

oh yea, thats right hes an attention whore

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
why spend your last days in tna instead of playing in a band?

oh yea, thats right hes an attention whore
Which is funny because he'd probably get more attention in a band than he's getting in TNA.

Somebody else would've filled the role, and perhaps the face of the industry wouldn't be one of the most talentless hacks ever.

· Registered
2,680 Posts
Savage probably would've gotten Hogan's push.

I seriously doubt that the wrestling business would be where it is now sans Hogan, though. Talented or not, he was the right person at the right time. Anyone else probably wouldn't have had the same impact.

· Registered
244 Posts
He is one of the few people that if you took him out of wrestling, the world of wrestling would be significantly different.

Him, Vince McMahon, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Eric Bischoff, Paul Heyman, are there many more than that? I can't think of more than that, Maybe Hart/Michaels cause of Montreal, and Ric Flair.

To answer the question though, it would be significantly different. I'm not exactly sure how cause it's been so long, but Hogan basically made wrestling a big deal. He made Wrestlemania what it was basically.

· Banned
388 Posts
Somebody else would have just filled in his spot and used a variation of his character. Vince was the mind behind Hogan, Hogan is just a Vince McMahon character.

Wrestling excelence = ROH CHIKARA SHIMMER
Events I will attend on my wrestling road trip: SHIMMER 26TH & 27TH MARCH, ROH 2ND APRIL, WRESTLEMANIA 3RD APRIL, RAW 4TH, PWG WINNING 9TH APRIL.​

· Registered
7,032 Posts
mmm, that's like saying what if SCSA never went into wrestling....WWE would likely be small-time compared to right now, and possibly have compitation? Don't know, but although Vince was the mind behind Hogan, Hogan played his character to a t.

· Registered
144 Posts
Someone else would have been in Rocky III, the NWA likely would have enjoyed more success, and Vince would have had a much more difficult time finding the guy to be the standard figurehead of his company for years if it wasn't for that AWA wrestler that was already running wild up there in Minneapolis, Minnesota during the early 1980's.

· Registered
244 Posts
These threads are mind numbingly retarded. "What if Hulk Hogan was a woman?" "What if Vince McMahon was asian?"
Yeah this thread would be retarded if that's what it was asking. But it's not. The question of what wrestling would be like had Hulk Hogan never existed or never gotten into wrestling is a good one I think. It's a far cry from 'what if Hulk Hogan was a woman'.

· Registered
7,601 Posts
Despite Hulk Hogan being a HUGE draw and becoming the biggest star in wrestling history it was Vince McMahon who had created the whole buzz around wrestling in that period and Hulk Hogan was fortunate to have been the man on top at that time as it meant worldwide exposure for him. Had Hulk Hogan not been on top then someone else would have been in that spot instead and whilst maybe not being as HUGE a draw as Hulk Hogan that whole era in WWE was a major draw anyway.

I think it is a very well accepted thing that Randy Savage was always the man next in line after Hulk Hogan unless you go with Andre The Giant, so i would say that up until the build up of WrestleMania 3 we would have probably seen Andre The Giant as the top guy and who up until WrestleMania 3 was probably a bigger draw than Hulk Hogan and then from WrestleMania 3 onwards Randy Savage would have taken over.

What we would have seen though is much better match quality at the top of the card because Randy Savage is a much better in ring worker than Hulk Hogan ever was and also we would have seen many more people in the main event scene because Randy Savage was never against putting over people over. In his first run in WWE it is said that Hulk Hogan refused to put over Ricky Steamboat, Jake Roberts, Ted DiBiase, Mr Perfect, Earthquake, Ric Flair and Sid Vicious who all would have benefited from beating Hulk Hogan but Hulk Hogan would never share his star power for fear of losing his spot whereas Randy Savage on the other hand would have had no problem in doing so which leads me to believe that whilst ratings and buyrates may not have been as high there would have been a lot more wrestlers in the main event scene.

· Registered
20,997 Posts
Somebody else would have just filled in his spot and used a variation of his character. Vince was the mind behind Hogan, Hogan is just a Vince McMahon character.

No he wasn't. Hogan was already a big star in Japan and AWA before he even went back to the WWF as a face. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.