Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know everyone wants this match but what if it is being set up right in front of our eyes.

John Cena wins the 2 titles, becomes undisputed champion. Then at the Royal Rumble Undertaker returns at #1 and wins the Rumble out comes Cena to have the ultimate stare down!!

Wrestlemania 30

WWE Undisputed Heavyweight Championship vs. The Streak! John Cena defends against The Undertaker

with an undercard of Randy Orton vs.CM Punk, Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan, Goldberg vs. Ryback, The Wyatts vs. The Shield, Brock Lesnar vs. Sheamus (yes i think they would have a great match) and Rey Mysterio vs, Sin Cara.....damn that a solid card

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
With that single main event WM30 would be amazing. The rest of the card won't matter.

BTW Taker doesn't need to enter #1 at the Rumble. He could even enter #30. No need to risk him.

But honestly, the only way this could happen is if Taker calls Vince and tells him he wants to retire and wants this to be his last match.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Cena vs Taker does not need a title involved. Its a big enough match to sell itself

·
Registered
84 Posts
Make it an I Quit match and youve got arguably the biggest match of all time

·
Premium Member
17,769 Posts
Cena vs Taker does not need a title involved. Its a big enough match to sell itself
yeah, remove the title, and it's a match I'd like to see. I would never beleive they'd give a title to Undertaker now a days thus making it a predictable match from the get go.

you also shouldn't put "(rumored)" in the title of something that hasn't been rumored, and you have no source who claims the rumor. only parts of what you said have been rumored.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Why does everyone suggest that this match be 'I Quit'? Its a terrible gimmick and would ruin some incredible near falls

·
Registered
276 Posts
I see people going against the idea of the Title being on the line because its predictable because Taker normally doesn't stick around after Mania. But I like the idea, it combats the idea that it is predictable because of the streak. Hell with the title on the line, against Cena, it might even make Taker the underdog, so when Cena hits that third AA and pins Taker, we actually believe it's over.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
If Cena was champ and Taker came out at #30 and won the royal rumble I'd be doing cartwheels down the street. God thinking about this gives me goosebumps. Too bad it probably won't happen

·
Registered
368 Posts
Why does everyone suggest that this match be 'I Quit'? Its a terrible gimmick and would ruin some incredible near falls
I was saying this in another thread too. The whole I-Quit idea is honestly a lame stipulation for such a big match. Much prefer the classic 3 count ending, especially when Taker competes.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
Been saying this should be the match for a while now. It is THE main event that must be done...there is nothing bigger.Granted that was prior to this unification business having popped up, but regardless the unified title will have essentially the same prestige as the WWE Title does right now, so the point stays the same. The Streak is the most prestigious thing in WWE, especially at Wrestlemania, and there has been no greater challenger than John Cena (I'm more than willing to hear someone try and argue that). And to add that Cena is the champion on top that. Well, shit...now you have everything on the line, with WWE's two biggest assets going for all the marbles.

Those who have said that Cena vs. Taker is big enough without the title are obviously missing the point of the discussion all together. Sure, that match up is massive already and could main event a Wrestlemania. But this isn't just any Wrestlemania, it's the 30th anniversary - the biggest one of all time. If WWE is truly trying to field the biggest main event they can possibly do right now, it is Title vs. Streak, hands down. No one can argue with that. That match alone sells the event, and the tag of title versus Streak adds intrigue to those who just automatically assume Taker would win. It will sell more PPVs than a card with some filler Streak match in the middle of the card and a Cena title match at the top of the card ever would. I mean just read it:

Wrestlemania 30: The Unified WWE Champion, John Cena versus the 21-0 undefeated Undertaker.

Yep...can't get much bigger than that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts