4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
don't get me wrong,he is the fucking Rock:no::no:
But come on,that's Rock the first match after 8 years

probaly Dwayne will not wrestle before WM28

·
Registered
786 Posts
Re: Could"The Great one" The Rock give a phenomal match at wm28??

Yeah maybe but he is in great shape and has had a while to prepare for it so he might be ok

·
Registered
7,749 Posts

Idk what you mean by a phenomenal match?.. If its about the wrestling, I'm not sure about that. If you mean phenomenal by the electricity, entertainment & excitement in the match, then I'm pretty sure The Great One will deliver!

Some of the people here said that he may wrestle at Survivor Series before WM.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts

I believe Rock will give a phenomenal match with Cena in time for Mania that we will talk about for years to come. Depends, however the buildup, the magnitude is leading to the match. Whatever the outcome, I expect an epic match.

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts

I'm sure the occasion will be phenomenal, but 7 years is a long time.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Rock never stopped wrestling. I read that in his mansion he kept a ring to work in over the years. He didn't look that bad this year apart from the Kip-up and on Tough Enough he was still solid. He will be fine. Also what Winning said.

·
Banned
1,502 Posts
Well he's in great shape so I'm sure he could still hit most if not all of his spots, I think he's in better shape now than he was back when he was in the WWE full time.

Cena's one of the best guys to work with also, and he can put on great matches himself as he's shown time and time again with Punk, Shawn, H, and others, it'll be a pretty good match.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,025 Posts
Even without the wrestling aspect of things, the match will still be great for the atomosphere and hype going into it. It'll proberly be the same as Hogan/Rock at WM18.

But that being said. The Rock is smart enough to know that being away from the ring for so long, he would no doubt develop ring rust. I'm sure I read somewhere that The Rock said he was going train for the match throughout the year so i'd reckon he'll be ok going to Mania. After seeing what he was like in the ring, early this year I can guess he'll be the same as ever but we'll have ot wait and see.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I am hoping the Rock can give off a nice match between him and Cena, looks like he's still got it. I am expecting a lot of near falls and rope breaks, gonna be a good one.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I doubt this will be an issue. WWE, if not the Rock himself, would have already recognized this as a potential problem and have probably already worked something out with Rocky to get him in ring shape in time for mania.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
He couldn't do that kick up at raw which was worrying. He had like weeks to prepare.

Anyways his style has always been very simple with few moves.
Ring rust shouldn't be the biggest problem.
The only problem is if the rock lets cena be the ring general and call the match. That won't be pretty.
If the rock can just get his bearings right and how to play the crowd it should be pretty damn good.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Rock will put in a day or two in a ring with someone hes friends with, it'll be like riding a bike, when he gets to SS there will be no rust. Looking forward to that night,should be good craic seeing him in the ring proper again

·
Premium Member
18,092 Posts
Meh. Rock could be fit and walk out there as if it was 2003 but if the crowd sucks the match won't be as good tbh. A crowd can literally make or break a match. We should see a bit of Rock's fitness & the level of his ring rust at Survivor Series anyway but this match could easily be great simply on buildup & Crowd Atmosphere.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Oh man... if people say it was all the rock next year..im going to lose it. I can tell you right now Rock316AE And Premed are going to say Rocky carried the whole match

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Nah, it's in his blood, he has a ring in his house and looked great in the TE show.
besides that, he's going to wrestle in SVS and maybe more before WM, Cena is the one i worry about but The Rock can carry him.
he carried a 48 years old Hogan, he can carry a 34 years old Cena.

1 - 20 of 161 Posts