Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking about this what if Daniel Bryan was booked to win NXT on season 1 then when the ensuing attack on Cena happened on Raw where he choked Justin Roberts occured, do you think he would've been released just like that? Considering he won NXT he might not have been as Expendable imo. Maybe he would've just gotten a fine or a temporary suspension.

I like Danielson but this is just a hypothetical situation im thinking that would've changed things a bit in the storyline that has lead up to this SS match.

Thoughts?

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
He would've still been released. It would've hurt the storyline even more, but it might have been even easier to explain it, since if he won, he'd have been the only one with a kayfabe contract, and thus could've been fired for being the leader. The others, at that point in time, would not be employees within the storyline, and wouldn't become so until later.

It would've fit together better than "he showed remorse, so we kicked him out", especially since he was the one who was most into the attack.

It's WWE's fault in the end anyway, not his. If they'd have just told Nexus the guidelines of what was permitted and prohibited during the attack, this would've never happened.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I dont think the WWE had him planned to win it before hand anyway. But if he had won there would have been no Nexus. End of thread.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
He would've still been released. It would've hurt the storyline even more, but it might have been even easier to explain it, since if he won, he'd have been the only one with a kayfabe contract, and thus could've been fired for being the leader. The others, at that point in time, would not be employees within the storyline, and wouldn't become so until later.

It would've fit together better than "he showed remorse, so we kicked him out", especially since he was the one who was most into the attack.

It's WWE's fault in the end anyway, not his. If they'd have just told Nexus the guidelines of what was permitted and prohibited during the attack, this would've never happened.
Maybe he would've but they might have been more careful to explain what can and can't be done on tv had he won.

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
I don't think so, because they obviously didn't tell Barrett any guidelines either, because if they had, he'd have told it to the rest of them.

Win or lose, WWE wanted Danielson around, and they did nothing.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Then he wouldn't have been involved in the Nexus storyline, and continued with his face run, and eventually won the U.S. Championship. Barret would've finished second and led the others to demand contracts for all of them. That way, he might still have been there.

·
Registered
116 Posts
What if people like you stopped making irrelevant posts like this one? Danielson is GONE, give it up!

·
Registered
4,600 Posts

Wrong, because they could have easily stopped Dragon from choking Justin because they stopped Heath Slater from choking Cena. That dirtsheet was false.

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
I think he would have still been fired. Linda is running for the senate so there has to be clean wrestling going on so that there is nothing new to use against Linda. However WWE is pg now so all of it is clean wrestling.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts