Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a thread today about Daniel Bryan and someone touched on the fact it worked out better for him that he had been fired initially. So Im just wondering, what do people think would have happened with Bryan had he not choked the announcer that night?
Would he still be part of the Nexus? If so, he'd probably be playing the role of a goon to Wade Barrett like the other guys are. He wouldnt have been booked in any matches of note so far, just like the rest of Nexus and we wouldnt have had a chance to see his in ring skills as of yet. So did Vince get very lucky with the outcome or would he have parted ways with the stable by now anyway?

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
He spat in the face of John Cena and said on live television what the entire IWC was thinking, before kicking his head in - Bryan would have been absolutely a major force in Nexus. The push he's getting now is probably more sustainable though, and his cache with the company no doubt rose when the fans refused to forget him in the interim.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He spat in the face of John Cena and said on live television what the entire IWC was thinking, before kicking his head in - Bryan would have been absolutely a major force in Nexus. The push he's getting now is probably more sustainable though, and his cache with the company no doubt rose when the fans refused to forget him in the interim.
I agree with you on his current run being more sustainable, he would have gotten his title run either way, maybe just a few months or a year down the line. But had he stayed, the only noise about him would have been coming from the IWC, there would have been no 'Bryan' chants throughout arena's if he was there every week. And the way Vince seems to book people, he could have ended up as a wasted talent.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
I agree with you on his current run being more sustainable, he would have gotten his title run either way, maybe just a few months or a year down the line. But had he stayed, the only noise about him would have been coming from the IWC, there would have been no 'Bryan' chants throughout arena's if he was there every week. And the way Vince seems to book people, he could have ended up as a wasted talent.
So, if he wasn't fired, Vince would have booked him terribly, but now he's booking him well. Great logic.

·
Harley's Circus
2,565 Posts
In hindsight he would have probably been worse off than he is now seeing as how Nexus primarily is being used to elavate Barrett more than anyone else.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, if he wasn't fired, Vince would have booked him terribly, but now he's booking him well. Great logic.
Its actually perfect logic. Had he been in the Nexus, he would have been buried within the storyline. How many matches of note have you seen any member of Nexus, barring Barrett compete it so far? Gabriel looked pretty exciting when he first showed up but has only competed in a few half assed tag matches under 5 minutes long since then.

The fact that people in the arenas were chanting for Bryan to come back made Vince stand up and take note. Its easy to ignore the IWC, but when you have a live crowd chanting for a guy that doesnt work for the company, you cant hide that. So had he been part of Nexus, he would probably be half of the tag champs now and getting 2-3 minutes of ring time every odd week.

Sounds logical to me...

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I wish he didn't get fired so we could've hear some epic heel Daniel Bryan promos bashing Michael Cole, John Cena, basically talking trash about the WWE.

·
Harley's Circus
2,565 Posts
I wish he didn't get fired so we could've hear some epic heel Daniel Bryan promos bashing Michael Cole, John Cena, basically talking trash about the WWE.
The last time anyone in Nexus other than Barrett got mic time of not is when they all were introducing themselves on Raw.

·
Registered
549 Posts
His firing was great for Barrett, because I can guarantee that in his limited mic and ring time he would've completely outshined the rest of the group.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
he would ether be Gabriel's Tag partner

o he would of gotten kicked out ala darren young, but would actually be being used

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Pretty sure he would of been the leader or very close second in command. HE was the one who spat in Cena's face, and HE mouthed off to him and HE kicked his fucking head in. Not only did he catch my interest in that event but he established himself as the leader of the group, the way Barrett does now by being the main one to antagonize the victim and the second the last one to hit his finisher.

·
The Man
25,723 Posts
I think some of you have it wrong. He was a big deal on NXT even when he was losing and all the coaches knew he had tons of skill. I think he would have been in Nexus but over time maybe fueded with barrett or he would have been the guy in Nexus to take out Nexus problems. Kinda like Gabriel being the one facing Cena and Orton and being close to winning

·
Registered
73 Posts
Its easy to ignore the IWC, but when you have a live crowd chanting for a guy that doesnt work for the company, you cant hide that.
Thats hasnt stopped them from keeping Cena face when he has been booed out of arenas, or keeping Rock face when he was being booed.

Pretty sure he would of been the leader or very close second in command. HE was the one who spat in Cena's face, and HE mouthed off to him and HE kicked his fucking head in. Not only did he catch my interest in that event but he established himself as the leader of the group, the way Barrett does now by being the main one to antagonize the victim and the second the last one to hit his finisher.
I can;t see it. Sure he made an impact, but leader? I doubt it..to me it would kill the credibility of Barret winning season 1 and being given a championship title match. It would just be odd to see Danielson being the leader when you have some one in the group who out shinned him so to speak by winning the competition.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
Its actually perfect logic. Had he been in the Nexus, he would have been buried within the storyline. How many matches of note have you seen any member of Nexus, barring Barrett compete it so far? Gabriel looked pretty exciting when he first showed up but has only competed in a few half assed tag matches under 5 minutes long since then.

The fact that people in the arenas were chanting for Bryan to come back made Vince stand up and take note. Its easy to ignore the IWC, but when you have a live crowd chanting for a guy that doesnt work for the company, you cant hide that. So had he been part of Nexus, he would probably be half of the tag champs now and getting 2-3 minutes of ring time every odd week.

Sounds logical to me...
Typical. Whenever something good happens, it's because of outside factors or an act of God. Whenever something bad happens, it's Vince's fault. No wonder why Vince had a feud with the almighty one.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
He would probably been in the exact same place. He was bound to feud with Miz for the US title and that's exactly what happened.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I also think he eventually would've ended up fueding with Miz. They built that storyline up too much to just have it fall by the wayside because of the Nexus angle.

I don't know if it's just me, but when I watched NXT season 1, and then I saw the invasion, I thought Bryan didn't fit with the others, because, he had gotten so much character development on NXT as a face, that it felt like he couldn't afford to turn heel, because then all that build would be for nothing. For the others, it was like they could do whatever they wanted with them, so it was almost fitting that he got kicked out, because I thought turning him was the wrong decision.

I still wonder though if secretly, we've had the wool pulled over our eyes, and this really was a work the whole time, because it almost feels like it tied into itself too well. He leaves just after he turns heel, so that he doesn't expand on the turn and shows "remorse" for the attack, thus the character development he got as a face isn't tarnished, he let's the other 7 destroy everything, and then he returns at the exact moment where he can return to face the other 7, and then he resumes his fued with Miz. If that's all coincidental, then good for him, he got lucky, but it makes me think. Maybe Danielson will do a tell all one day when he retires and then hopefully we'll really know, lol.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I'm still wondering if the firing was real lol.

I mean, you don't fire a guy and bring him back in such high note, not even Danielson...

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I think that Danielson getting released was the best thing for Barrett. Had he stayed with Nexus, I have a feeling we would've seen a feud between those two instead of Barrett/Cena and that has obviously worked out well for Wade. Also, Danielson has established himself as a singles star upon his return instead of getting the odd one-on-one match without real purpose as a member of Nexus.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts