Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now Cena is 6-1 at WM, but what if Cena was 7-0 right now. Would WWE start considering Cena as the next guy to hold an undefeated streak at WM? And/or would they do a Cena vs Taker in a streak vs streak match(maybe next year since cena at 8-0 would be a record that would be taken more seriouslly).

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Short answer, no.

The streak is the streak. Vince, no matter how many retarded angles we credit him with, would never try to replicate the streak. We blame him for everything but for this, I could never see it.

Plus what's the point debating it? If WWE booked him to lose at WM against Orton before, why would they book him to beat Taker's streak?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Ofcourse not,it's a Taker's thing,no one should get past the 10-0 at wrestlemania other than him,and if even considering that,why the hell would be streak vs streak? 8-0 is nothing in comparison with 19-0

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
If he was undefeated, the idea of a Streak vs. Streak match would have been very good. But not as the focus. Only as a bullet point to build hype for Cena to win against Taker (combined with him being the poster boy and so forth). It would've caused more people to believe that there was a chance he would win. Not only because he had a short streak of his own, but because he would have gone undefeated at Wrestlemania in World Title matches for five years straight.

I remember thinking during the build up to Wrestlemania 24 that it was a joke they were trying to hype Edge as being undefeated for two reasons: he wasn't undefeated, and it wouldn't have mattered if he was because he wasn't a threat anyway.

I remember at the time thinking how Cena was a future opponent and was undefeated while having faced a pretty good series of opponents (Big Show, JBL, Triple H, Shawn Michaels). If he had gone undefeated at that Wrestlemania then we could add Orton, Batista and Edge to his list also.

A series of opponents comparable to Undertaker. And in a way, if that had happened, it could be argued his streak itself was comparable even if only at 8-0. For the simple reason that all his matches would have been against pretty big opponents and for titles. Whereas Taker has a lot of shit in his streak.

As for considering another person to have the streak? No. It shouldn't happen nor do I think it will happen. One of the reasons Taker's streak is actually pretty cool is because it happened by accident. They shouldn't try and replicate that. It'll be forced and it won't be as big of a deal. This kind of thing only happens once and for good reason.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No The Streak Should Not Be Duplicated Its Too legendary Vince can mess with any other think in wwe and have his writers ruin it but Taker's streak should Never be ruined. Plus if Taker really is retiring soon (which i think he will be) he should be left with the streak having an 0 in the L column because what else could he leave behind as a mark in the wwe

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
They already have a guy who's undefeated at Wrestlemania. If they decided to give somebody else a winning streak then it would take the shine away from the other guy. Can't remember who they guy is though.

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
I think it would have been cool to have Cena 8-0 going into WM28 to face the 19-0 Undertaker, but Orton getting that win at WM24 was crucial to solidifying him at that time.

·
Registered
649 Posts
They already have a guy who's undefeated at Wrestlemania. If they decided to give somebody else a winning streak then it would take the shine away from the other guy. Can't remember who they guy is though.
Well it's The Miz obviously. 1-0 at 'Mania

Reactions: The_Gizzame™
1 - 10 of 10 Posts