Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Windham Rotunda remains locked in a WWE phantom zone, wrestling on house shows but not making an appearance on television. When at RAW, he has been told that Creative "has nothing for him". While in all likelyhood WWE will bring him back as a post-WrestleMania surprise on RAW, what if they decide to throw us a real curve ball?

What if he returns under his original character, Husky Harris? Shorn of his beard and most of his hair, how do the fans respond?

Success? Failure? Indifference?

·
Salt of the Earth
16,545 Posts
It'd be huge failure.

Just allow him to come back as the Waylon Mercy/Max Cady character he was originally meant to be. I absolutely hated all the super natural shit with Wyatt, especially when it eventually just all lead to being worthless by losing all the big feuds he was in.

I like the crazy Wyatt who murdered his father and would change the tone in his voice when he got serious (Jake Roberts-esque). Who would dance with his opponents when they were dazed. Would shake the referees hand out of a sign of respect but would absolutely unleash hell on his opponents with a powerful moveset.

White trash maniac > Supernatural Undertaker rip-off.

Real life monsters are always scarier.

Bring me back this cunt please.

·
Angry at refs
2,841 Posts
What Erik said. Early Wyatt, mainly NXT, was gold. Everything about him screamed 'Star' in this sea of blandness.
Honestly, as soon as that Cena feud happened and the kid sang, that was when all my hope for Wyatt sank. They didn't get it, and in hindsight, he should've fought for his character.

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
Harris was horrible gimmick and flopped big time.

In saying that coming back as bray Wyatt is a no from me either. That gimmick has long outlived it's lifespan. He debuted that character a full 7 years ago in April 2012 in nxt. Stuff like that isn't meant to last that long

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Here's a stupid idea where if I was a writer, I would actually pitch it and laugh but had serious intentions of doing it and going all out with it if I got the 'okay'. Have the Wyatt family reunite but with character changes and Daniel Bryan as the leader. You have a new stable with:

-Daniel Bryan, the planet's champion and savior.

-Recyclable Rowan, the recyclable one.

-Helping Hands Harper

-Bag Saving Bray

BOOK IT VINCE!

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Oh god, Bray Wyatt was one of the few great characters this generation creative could design, to this day I don't know how
they managed to crate it since they are ass at designing larger than life stuff these days, but Bray was an exception.

Which makes it all sadder, because all that potential, it was wasted because they couldn't run with it, it was too good for this PG era.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Husky Harris was such a horrible wrestling name.

Oh god, Bray Wyatt was one of the few great characters this generation creative could design, to this day I don't know how
they managed to crate it since they are ass at designing larger than life stuff these days, but Bray was an exception.

Which makes it all sadder, because all that potential, it was wasted because they couldn't run with it, it was too good for this PG era.
It's not the rating, it's the complacency. They had a super star in John Cena who managed sell tons of merch and tickets despite how the hardcore fans felt, why bother making a new super star it's not like anyone has anywhere to go.

·
Bury me one foot for every inch of heel she's wear
2,392 Posts
It'd be huge failure.

Just allow him to come back as the Waylon Mercy/Max Cady character he was originally meant to be. I absolutely hated all the super natural shit with Wyatt, especially when it eventually just all lead to being worthless by losing all the big feuds he was in.

I like the crazy Wyatt who murdered his father and would change the tone in his voice when he got serious (Jake Roberts-esque). Who would dance with his opponents when they were dazed. Would shake the referees hand out of a sign of respect but would absolutely unleash hell on his opponents with a powerful moveset.

White trash maniac > Supernatural Undertaker rip-off.

Real life monsters are always scarier.

Bring me back this cunt please.
The best cunt I have ever seen in my 11-12 years of watching

·
Likes wrestling....
7,968 Posts
In my 40 plus years of being a fan, I have only seen a handful of characters better than Bray's original creation.

He could come back tomorrow and be special, compared to this homogenized, bland, faceless roster.

At Elimination Chamber '18 the reaction was special, the fans wanted to cheer him, wanted him to be something.....then Randy needed his WM win.

·
Team AEW
2,920 Posts
Oh no.

Close this thread immideately and delete it from the internet, until someone close to Vince sees this idea.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
He would be more successful as Windham Rotunda than Husky Harris, at least they could acknowledge him being a generational wrestler.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Yea but why the eff would he return as Husky Harris? He was so forgettable in The Nexus in itself other than taking a strapping from CM Punk.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts